RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-08, 11:44 AM   #31
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 9502 C87C

You know....I get really heated about politics. I never realize how much I've written until I post it.....lol

I'm not trying to hate on anyone for voting for their favorite candidate if they have reasons other than, "because I like him/her better." I personally like McCain. I'm in the army and some people say that McCain will keep us in Iraq for potentially 100 years. But what you don't hear about is how he is the candidate who has proven to go across party lines to get things done. He's against pork barrel spending. He's got the best ethics in my opinion. When he had a rally a couple of months ago, he had a guy come out before him to kind of hype him up. They guy kept on calling Obama, "Barrack Hussein Obama," which is his full name, but he kept on hinting to the Hussein part. McCain came out immediately after the rally and publicly apologized for the actions of the man and fired him on the spot. This is a man who can admit when he's wrong and fix it. He's also a war veteran and a POW. He's an actual hero. If he seems to think that we need to stay in Iraq then I believe him. If he thinks its time to come out, then I believe him. When Clinton and Obama say it I feel its only because so many other people want it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents
Old 04-29-08, 01:57 PM   #32
Blay'all
â„¢

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 557E FBC2

a war veteran and a hero... deserving of respect? yes. does that have anything in blue HELL to do with him deserving the presidential candidacy? NOOOOOOOOO.

and you are using stereotypical examples in order to justify ignoring the real issues facing Americans... you speak of the folks talking on expensive cell phones at the welfare office and use that as a reason that everybody has "opportunity" yet just refuses to take advantage of it. first of all, that is extremely hypocritical, as you yourself were in that welfare office collecting money. how much did your computer and microphone cost, and how much does a cell phone cost? you're using stereotypical examples of a select FEW groups of people to discuss the problems facing that entire group.

the issues facing minorities in this country is not as blatant as it has been in the past. no, there aren't "colored" restrooms or water fountains. but in a way, this actually makes this form of oppression worse, as people refuse to open their eyes and see that its there. we are talking about systemic racism so deeply embedded in our society that it isn't even recognized anymore. the system is designed for one group of people to succeed, NOT for every American to have an equal shot at the "American dream." this starts with the education system and extends through the police state, the judicial system, and the prison system.

sure Obama's experience doesn't match up with that of Clinton's, but i would much rather elect an official whose decision making i have confidence in, and whose logical make-up i agree with and trust.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 04-29-08, 02:01 PM   #33
Blay'all
â„¢

IP: 557E FBC2

oh, and as far as using Obama as an example himself of the opportunities that blacks have in this country, once again... there are always going to be exceptions. there are no societal structures that are COMPLETELY exclusive, but you can't discuss issues based on the few exceptions, that doesn't make any sense. look at the numbers, they are ASTOUNDING. white people are not struggling in this country (once again, overall). as a matter of fact, if white people WERE struggling in this country like minorities are, then it would have already been fixed by now.

Old 04-29-08, 02:41 PM   #34
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

Obama's Gonna Nuke Iran.
Mccain is going to start a draft, AND bomb iran.
Hillary Clinton is going to (Blank) and (Blank), against Iran. Because she acts like she's against the war, but really isn't. I imagine if she gets elected some drama story will hit the U.S. and we'll take action depending on how dramatic the people were upset by it's fakeness, like GWB Jr.

So uh, yeah, let's be American for a minute and consider voting for Mike Gravel or Ron Paul. yeah.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 04-29-08, 03:55 PM   #35
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

Engyma and Blay both prove whats wrong with politics, the unwilliningess to accept shit from anyone else. Your both wrong and right.....yay America!

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 04-29-08, 10:50 PM   #36
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: BA25 6B45

I completely understand what he's saying. Thats the point. He won't answer my question. The only person that has come close to the answer I'm looking for is Tito Bronsky in the other thread. He said Obama is going to change the structure of the government to put more power in the hands of the people. I personally don't see this happening, but if Obama does get elected I will be happy as shit if he actually gets that shit done. What I want to know is where Obama stands on issues. What does he plan to "change." I'm not casting my vote until November like everyone else is, so right now I can't say 100% who I am voting for. What I want to know is what does Obama bring to the table besides a fresh face and promise of change in general.

And going back to you talking about me going to the welfare office. It was specifically for help with child care. Did I qualify for food stamps? Yes. Did I take them? No. The reason we needed help is because we are trying to take advantage of the money put there by the government for our specific reason. I'm married with 4 kids, 3 of which live with me and I pay child support for the other. My wife didn't work or go to college because child care was too expensive and we would take a loss either way. She wouldn't have made enough to even cover day care costs. We used the help for about a month or two before my wife decided to take online classes and we cut our ties with free money. Could we have abused the program? Yes. Did we? No. My wife is now a semester away from her Bachelor's degree in Finance and I'm very proud that we did it on our own. I know everyone is not as lucky as us, so I think these programs help others get ahead. To say that people can't get help because of their living situation or because of their skin color is absurd. I rejoined the army because my family needed money and stability, why can't others? My wife is going to make enough for me to get out of the army when she earns her Masters next year.

I know you're probably wondering how people outside of the army or outside of wedlock can do this. Simple. You're getting free money in more ways than one. First, you're getting money on welfare to provide food and shelter for you and your loved ones. Is this adequate? No. But what you can do to get ahead is look into scholarships and student loans to take online classes. You can get free computer access at any library to take your classes. In a couple years you will have a degree and be way ahead of where you were before you started. You have to be dedicated though. If you don't have the drive, you won't succeed. This is where most people end up.....without the drive or care.

But anyway, someone give me a solid reason to vote for Obama.
Old 04-29-08, 11:24 PM   #37
Blay'all
â„¢

IP: D168 6D7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I completely understand what he's saying. Thats the point. He won't answer my question. The only person that has come close to the answer I'm looking for is Tito Bronsky in the other thread. He said Obama is going to change the structure of the government to put more power in the hands of the people. I personally don't see this happening, but if Obama does get elected I will be happy as shit if he actually gets that shit done. What I want to know is where Obama stands on issues. What does he plan to "change." I'm not casting my vote until November like everyone else is, so right now I can't say 100% who I am voting for. What I want to know is what does Obama bring to the table besides a fresh face and promise of change in general.

And going back to you talking about me going to the welfare office. It was specifically for help with child care. Did I qualify for food stamps? Yes. Did I take them? No. The reason we needed help is because we are trying to take advantage of the money put there by the government for our specific reason. I'm married with 4 kids, 3 of which live with me and I pay child support for the other. My wife didn't work or go to college because child care was too expensive and we would take a loss either way. She wouldn't have made enough to even cover day care costs. We used the help for about a month or two before my wife decided to take online classes and we cut our ties with free money. Could we have abused the program? Yes. Did we? No. My wife is now a semester away from her Bachelor's degree in Finance and I'm very proud that we did it on our own. I know everyone is not as lucky as us, so I think these programs help others get ahead. To say that people can't get help because of their living situation or because of their skin color is absurd. I rejoined the army because my family needed money and stability, why can't others? My wife is going to make enough for me to get out of the army when she earns her Masters next year.

I know you're probably wondering how people outside of the army or outside of wedlock can do this. Simple. You're getting free money in more ways than one. First, you're getting money on welfare to provide food and shelter for you and your loved ones. Is this adequate? No. But what you can do to get ahead is look into scholarships and student loans to take online classes. You can get free computer access at any library to take your classes. In a couple years you will have a degree and be way ahead of where you were before you started. You have to be dedicated though. If you don't have the drive, you won't succeed. This is where most people end up.....without the drive or care.

But anyway, someone give me a solid reason to vote for Obama.

Thank you for proving my point. I wasn't judging you, my point was that you shouldn't be stereotypical and judge people in the welfare office. You don't know their situation and how many kids they have/who their wife is, etc.

And, I haven't not provided you with a reason for voting for Obama because I don't have one, we just got caught up in this discussion more directly related to some specific issues that need to be solved. You never specifically asked me why you should vote for him...

I can tell you that Obama plans to take the power away from special interests in Washington. Right now, it is the same dominant group of old white people with money who dominate what happens in this country and what doesn't. Obama has accepted absolutely NO money from special interest groups or PACs during his campaign, and he plans to eliminate lobbyists from decision-making positions in his administration. basically, as Tito said, his campaign is based around giving the power back to the American people.

Old 04-30-08, 01:22 AM   #38
Magic5

IP: E150 4BC7

McCain's getting my vote. BLAT BLAT.
Old 04-30-08, 01:28 AM   #39
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: F4CB 9C09

my prediction: clinton will get elected and have a secret affair with someone in the oval office
Old 04-30-08, 01:46 AM   #40
Blay'all
â„¢

IP: D168 6D7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
McCain's getting my vote. BLAT BLAT.

McCain is a rich old bastard who has shown absolutely no indication that he plans to give us anything different than what we've experienced over the past 8 years.

Yayyyyyyy... McCain 08!!!!

Old 04-30-08, 08:35 AM   #41
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

To be honest with you, right now is when I want someone to just take charge and fix shit. I could care less if I'm in the dark about certain things as long as my country gets fixed so my children don't end up as college graduates with minimum wage jobs.

I right now am looking at a couple of people for a couple of reasons. I like McCain because he has most of the ideas to help the economy instantly by stopping all the pork barrel spending. His website, when he started campaigning, showed all the money that was funded by the government to places like Toilet Bowl Museums and off the wall stuff like that. The total number was in the billions. I also think he is the least loyal to his party, but more loyal to his country. What I mean by this is he has a track record for crossing party lines to work with democrats on issues to come up with compromises. He actually got ridiculed for it by the other Republican candidates.

Now on the flip side. I think the first thing we need to do to fix our economy and our country in general is to bring the troops home. I didn't say get out of Iraq for a reason. We have troops all over the middle east and parts of Africa that get absolutely no media attention so you wouldn't know too much about them. We are actually in those places for good reasons and what kind of news story would that be. I think the start to a good economy comes from a government who is not in a deficit. We are spending way too much money to send our troops over seas and are seeing nothing back from it. Did you know that when a Soldier goes over seas his whole pay is tax free. He also gets extra money for being away from his family and for being in a combat area and so on, but all that money that us Soldiers are raking in over there is all tax free. What do you think most Soldiers do with that money? Well, while we're off in these places with little to no entertainment or escape from the cold hard war, we go out on the local economy and buy up their bootleg DVDs, food, electronics, etc. Us Soldiers are pumping all of this tax free money into the economy of the middle east. Am I saying we shouldn't get this extra pay when we're put in harms way? No. I'm saying we shouldn't be in harms way for more than we need to be and should worry about protecting our country more than someone else's. I feel very strongly about this and this is why I want some reason to vote for someone else.

But to be honest with you, I think I'd rather vote for Hilary than Obama. I don't know why I get the feeling that Obama is a fast talker who just says what you want to hear, but that's how I feel. If I knew his issues, point blank, I might not feel that way. All the controversy is for people with little to no brain capacity. Bill Clinton was caught in a huge scandal in his personal life and I think he did more for our country's economy than any other president. I don't really like Hilary's stand on health care though. I don't like this universal health care system yet because it's just going to take more money from our tax dollars that our country just doesn't have yet.

My favorite candidate was John Edwards. I wish he was still campaigning for the Democrats because he would have got my vote, not because he was a white male, but because during all the debates, he was the only one that stuck to the issues and didn't point fingers at other people. I felt he really cared about the middle to lower class people (people making less than $100,000 a year).

And to go back to what Blay said about me stereotyping.......I may have, but I pulled up to the office in my military uniform, in my 1997 Ford Contour with only one hub cap left and no air conditioning, and my free cell phone that I got for signing up with Sprint because I needed a cell phone for my job. The people I saw were well dressed, talking and messaging on what looked like expensive phones and irritated that the line for free money wasn't moving faster. They could have been trying to better themselves as well, but I put them in a class of people that weren't, which wasn't fair.

Sorry Blay. I'll try not to judge so quickly next time. Seriously.
Old 04-30-08, 08:51 AM   #42
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
IP: F3E4 5E69

^^ why ask us what it is that he is going to do? Research up on what he say's about the changes that you actually want. If you disagree with him, than obvisouly you should feel more sided to another canadate, which in all respects is ok. Just becuase we say Obama is goign in the right direction doens't mean that you should also feel the same way.

I was goin for Mcain when he was an idependet, before he joined up in the Republican party. He was a very level headed guy, but since than i've just seen that Obama is what Mcain used to stand for.

but...regardless

America > Canada ...all day son. word

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 04-30-08, 09:21 AM   #43
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

I actually went to Obama's site before, but had to enter my email address and shit like that which usually means spam is coming your way by the boat load. I'll look up on him though when I get some more free time......right now I'm off to work. Saving the world, one reenlistment at a time
Old 04-30-08, 11:10 AM   #44
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

Text Record: 3-0
IP: AAB1 5B5E

Theres some good debate going on in here Cheers to that ....

Let me add one thing real quick.... since i skimmed most of the pages... i noticed Mcain had some support... regarding his ideas to help the "economy"??? This is the same man who openly admits he has no knowledge of how our Economy works.... the dude knows nothing when it comes to fixing our current financial collapse... and to trust him with our dollars in the future would be like trusting a crack head to hold your wallet while you took a leak... so to speak... you know what im saying...

McCain is the only presidential hopeful who is commited to keeping this war going.... mind you i support the troops.... but at the same time.... how many Americans need loose their lives in exchange for a "FREE IRAQ" .... To my knowledge there already free... Sadam is dead.... its up to them to secure their future.... But ... Bush has put his support behind McCain yesterday in News Confrence on CNN.... so we can be sure if Dubya gets his way... we'll be at war for at least the next 4 years...

The other side of the coin is this....a change in the course of history... We can become that great nation again... if we go wit a Democrat ... i like obama but clinton will do.... to lead us out of Iraq ... away from Afghanastan... away from Iran and syria.... and back home where all that money is needed despretly to help rebound us from the recession we in... We need to look to alternative fuels... stop this Oil whoring... we Need alternative energy... which is something that the Dems are big on... We need jobs here at home... and a second or third Stimulus package .... i mean come on people... we can do better than we have the last 7 years.... and we deserve better...

PS >... FUCK REV. WRIGHT .... that fool is DESTROYING OBAMA's Canadicy ... and the media needs to stop coverin his dumb ass.

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 01:13 PM   #45
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 66EF 8EF5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Aphilly
America > Canada ...all day son. word

you bet son. long as your guys gov't keeps you believing america is the best country to live in, we have another chuckle up north. word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote