RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-05, 01:05 PM   #31
Compose

IP: 4ADA E6DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
See heres another area your going wrong at..

Radios play what makes for good music.. Keyword, music.. Not what has ill lyrics and wordplay.. Cause most people that arnt hip hop heads dont understand wordplay or its purpose unless its real simple shit..

Believe me man.. This is where underground rappers go wrong. They spend so much time trying to make tracks with sick multis and wordplay, but their taste in songs just isnt what people are interested in hearing or playing on the radio. Which means their shit will never be mass appeal and they can never reach the pinnicle of the rap industry no matter how skilled they are on a mic..

This is why you wont see rappers like canibus all over TV or all over the radio.. Becuase the music he makes just isnt mass appeal and his vocals are stange...(meaning not something you can jus bust put playing anywhere and everyone will be digging it) nahmean?

Yea I feel you...it just sucks that its like that =/ people who spend more time on their lyrics should get more money but oh well guess thats just the way it is.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-01-05, 01:06 PM   #32
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 6B3B E822

And thats one of the main reasons I am so influenced by tupac. You can play his songs literally anywhere and people from all walks of life will be feeling the shit..

Talk down on his lyrics all you want, but on a music level... Dont go there my friend..
Old 10-01-05, 01:07 PM   #34
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Yea I feel you...it just sucks that its like that =/ people who spend more time on their lyrics should get more money but oh well guess thats just the way it is.

Meh.. The music I make is usually an upbeat mass appeal style, but I use underground rhyme schemes and stay true to my movement..

And yeah I wanna make money off hip hop.

So you understand why I was arguing the other day about that shit on aim..
Old 10-01-05, 01:08 PM   #35
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7A58 0887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose

So I get some shitty-ass beat,studder on the mic,make some gay-ass non-cathy hook....but I have some DOPE multis and wordplay..

and then I deserve money anyways?

Don't forget...it's still music...and the most important thing is for it to sound good.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 01:08 PM   #36
Compose

Quote:
And thats one of the main reasons I am so influenced by tupac. You can play his songs literally anywhere and people from all walks of life will be feeling the shit..

Talk down on his lyrics all you want, but on a music level... Dont go there my friend..

I love tupac...he will always be one of the greatest of all time for me and always inspires me cuz he spoke the truth.
Old 10-01-05, 01:11 PM   #39
Compose

Quote:
Meh.. The music I make is usually an upbeat mass appeal style, but I use underground rhyme schemes and stay true to my movement..

And yeah I wanna make money off hip hop.

So you understand why I was arguing the other day about that shit on aim..

Yea...no doubt I wasnt tryin to knock you for makin money just dont sell out completely lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
So I get some shitty-ass beat,studder on the mic,make some gay-ass non-cathy hook....but I have some DOPE multis and wordplay..

and then I deserve money anyways?

Don't forget...it's still music...and the most important thing is for it to sound good.

Uh...Just because your underground doesnt mean you have shitty beats or you studder...you have an opinion on whats good music, and I have mine. I explained why I dont like 50, all you said was he makes good music.
Old 10-01-05, 01:12 PM   #40
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
n jus to make another point y cant they not take underground rappers n put them wit a dope beat therefore pleasin every1

becuz they need a more animated delivery..better song-writing skills.....and cathy hook writing.
Old 10-01-05, 01:13 PM   #41
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
no every1 shud not do the exact same thing but they shud not contradict wat hip-hop is there for if they wanna go out n do wat he is doin now he can gladly do it but call it pop i felll that himmakin that kinda music n callin it rap or hip-hop is wat pisses me off he can gladly do wat he is doin now but dont associate it wit hiphop

now you claim his music is not hip-hop????????????
Old 10-01-05, 01:15 PM   #42
Shazz
Never Around

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: B07B 1CF4

When he was freestyling...
He couldn't say shit... It was like basic shit, like he has to have help doin it
Send a message via ICQ to Shazz Send a message via AIM to Shazz Send a message via MSN to Shazz Send a message via Yahoo to Shazz   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 01:18 PM   #44
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
n jus to make another point y cant they not take underground rappers n put them wit a dope beat therefore pleasin every1

A lot of underground rappers have bad taste in music and use beats that reflect this. But if they did it any other way, that would be conforming which goes against what a lot of them stand for.

Thats why..
Personally I try and use classy 90's commercial style beats.. Like, shit that just sounds cool when you hear it.. Creates a mood or a certain cool vibe that people can either party of chill to..

I'm maticulous as a mutha fucka when it comes to beats cause I wanna be sure my shits mass appeal, but also staying respected by hip hop heads.

I'm one of those rappers that aspires to have the best of both worlds.