RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-07, 11:20 AM   #31
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1E40 50ED

^ You may understand capitalism but you obviously don't understand prohibition. In 1675, liquor was made illegal in Massachusetts. Yet right now its legal, and its a multi-billion dollar industry. So you can't tell me "Its not economically advantageous to a majority", and that "Nothing ever changes" as you say because things do change, as the past has proven. You can't negate all the progress made through decriminalization in certain states. Its medically legal in 11 states, or more, and even medically legal in the first state to outlaw it.
Old 11-16-07, 12:02 PM   #32
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

Actually it's been said that if hemp (the non-drug version of marijuana) had been used to make all grades of paper for the last 70-90 years, we would have never had to cut down a single rainforest tree. Oh and it makes fuel/oil.

Not a great economic advantage? lol

No though I won't even argue

It's clear that mime's right, the world is a much better place his way ROFL

"global warming global warming!!

It's less trees!

No it's too much pollution!!!!"

No it's neither because if it were that big of a fucking deal marijuana would be legal and saving all of our asses right now

peace.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 11-16-07, 12:07 PM   #33
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

Not to mention,

If hemp were legal and somebody used it to make an oil industry or use it to make cheap & efficient, cleaner fuel, they could easily put the Bush Family out of business, as they all own oil companies, except their shit is stolen/perserved a lot more dirtier. The people would put the two fuels next to each other and pick Marijuana over the bush family.

we can't just have that now can we?
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 11-16-07, 02:47 PM   #34
Magic5

IP: E150 4BC7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Sydm
^ You may understand capitalism but you obviously don't understand prohibition. In 1675, liquor was made illegal in Massachusetts. Yet right now its legal, and its a multi-billion dollar industry. So you can't tell me "Its not economically advantageous to a majority", and that "Nothing ever changes" as you say because things do change, as the past has proven. You can't negate all the progress made through decriminalization in certain states. Its medically legal in 11 states, or more, and even medically legal in the first state to outlaw it.

LMFAO, what the FUCK are you talking about?

I never said "nothing ever changes," as predicted you misunderstood what I said. You're so below my level this is just a waste of time. Keep researching weed and voting for Ron Paul, I don't give two shits. You're a fucking idiot. You can't only take half of my statement and try to apply it, dumbfuck. I said, "Nothing ever changes unless it's economically advantageous to a majority." Nice try though, dude. Try applying the whole concept next time.
Old 11-16-07, 04:07 PM   #35
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Stfu Mim' all you're basically saying is

Quote:
"Should I lay down for you now or !?"

Old 11-16-07, 06:50 PM   #36
Magic5

IP: E150 4BC7

Oh, okay. Nice to see you finally fold.
Old 11-17-07, 09:45 AM   #37
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Fold? I'd be better off ignoring you, 5 post and your only on topic statement was
Quote:
Nothing ever changes unless it's economically advantageous to a majority.

Otherwise you're just being a faggot on an e-trip, jocking me for making this topic and still not posing an educated counter point to anything. If you're so smart how about actually stay on topic and pose points to the 'debate' at hand.

So why shouldn't it be legalized? Do you know what benefits it has on a wider scale of things?

Or you can just say "Blah blah you think youre smart cause you know about weed, blah blah"

Yeah because everyone knows, not knowing something is always better than knowing it.. right
Old 11-17-07, 09:52 AM   #38
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
LMFAO, what the FUCK are you talking about?

I never said "nothing ever changes," as predicted you misunderstood what I said. You're so below my level this is just a waste of time. Keep researching weed and voting for Ron Paul, I don't give two shits. You're a fucking idiot. You can't only take half of my statement and try to apply it, dumbfuck. I said, "Nothing ever changes unless it's economically advantageous to a majority." Nice try though, dude. Try applying the whole concept next time.

I have no idea what's going on, I haven't been following this thread.

But in what you quoted, he does address the whole concept. Except he says the economically advantageous part before the nothing ever changes part.
Old 11-20-07, 04:52 AM   #39
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F4CB 9C09

the classic "weed is a gateway drug" is such bullshit

yes it might spark an interest in other drugs but alot of things spark interests to other things, its a fact of life. but atleast that shits a concious decision. when your drunk you end up doing shit that u dont have conciousness over, yet its legal. if your gonna have an arguement for one thing u better do it for the whole picture. they're using this point towards an illegal drug when theres one thats more true to peoples statements and is LEGAL
Old 11-20-07, 05:01 AM   #40
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: F812 6631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Oh, okay. Nice to see you finally fold.

lmfao dude he's talkin non sense.
Old 11-20-07, 06:03 AM   #41
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Trash
the classic "weed is a gateway drug" is such bullshit

yes it might spark an interest in other drugs but alot of things spark interests to other things, its a fact of life. but atleast that shits a concious decision. when your drunk you end up doing shit that u dont have conciousness over, yet its legal. if your gonna have an arguement for one thing u better do it for the whole picture. they're using this point towards an illegal drug when theres one thats more true to peoples statements and is LEGAL

Word, there's so much propaganda and people believe it, and we all know, Alcohol is worse than Weed, destroys the liver, not to mention all the other shit
Old 11-20-07, 07:28 AM   #42
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: F812 6631

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Sydm
Word, there's so much propaganda and people believe it, and we all know, Alcohol is worse than Weed, destroys the liver, not to mention all the other shit

weed makes peoples thinkin process slow down after you smoke awhile.
Old 11-20-07, 07:56 AM   #43
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^-Yeah, It slows reaction time, effects depth perception, short term memory, ect, but its all temporary. Although I've read some contradicting studies, all have said there is no "Loss of brain cells, or brain damage" even with heavy use, and in some studies its even said to boost production of brain cell growth.
Quote:
Most illicit drugs like opiates, alcohol and cocaine decrease the generation of new neurons in the brain, but marijuana appears to have the opposite effect on this process. Researchers from the University of Saskatchewan have published their findings on marijuana's effects on the brain in the Journal of Clinical Investigation. On top of the drug's promotion of brain cell growth - called neurogenesis - marijuana also appeared to have antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties.

The results of recent research has been so amazing lately
Old 11-20-07, 08:00 AM   #44
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Quote:
THC prevents cancer

This study echoes the findings of a 1994 US study, which documented that THC may protect against malignant cancers. The $2 million federal study involved injecting rats and mice in the stomach with extremely high doses of THC, hoping to find a connection between THC and cancer.

What the researchers found was exactly the opposite of what the feds had hoped for. Their study showed that rats given high doses of THC suffered from fewer cancers than their non-injected pals. The feds buried the study for almost 3 years, and it became known only after it was leaked to AIDS Treatment News in January of 1997. The Boston Globe broke the story nationwide days later.

Anandamide fights breast cancer

Another study, published in the July, 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that anandamide, a molecule which resembles cannabinoids but is formed naturally in the body, can inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells by interfering with their DNA production cycle. The study was done by the Italian National Institute for the Chemistry of Biological Systems, in Naples.

The amounts of THC used in these studies were all hundreds or even thousands of times greater than that found in the blood of even the heaviest cannabis users.

^- Taken from another article, the treatment wouldn't be smoking a joint but the fact that the THC has these effects and the D.E.A still considers this medicine a priority 1 drug is bullshit.