RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-05, 07:43 PM   #31
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 828D 0B7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N
Everyone is so cocky becuz majority of the site is junior highschool bound or frhmen & sophs in HS.....their average kids....dat make average grades....average at sports....average at everything....u don't find standouts that textcee generally...I am not saying ALL...jus saying in general.....so they come on RV to escape their averageness...cuz here average is preceived as GREAT...this is the first time in their lives they been prasied for anything they did....an they get addicted to the praise an actually start believing it ...hints the term "buying into the hype".......but hey they aint breaking any laws....an they're cockiness is irrevelant..cuz that cocky internet asshole you see on RV disappears as soon as he/she logs off his/her cpu.....so I say fuck it...let them live out there dream netcee kingdom....they aint hurting nobody but themselves...cuz everynight they gotta come down off that high so mommy can tuck them into bed..........so heres my theory......RV is alot like T.V.......if u turn to a channel u don't like...change the channel....theres plenty others to view...jus apply same theory here......u dun like a thread....simply go to another.....hundreds of new ones are made everyday.....but thats just my opinion...stay up........1

Exactly............................
Old 07-16-05, 08:46 PM   #32
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

i know i'm an average lyricist. however i actually do rap unlike a lotta the others on this site so i know i can spit.

and fyi my "Rate the Lyricist Above You" thread was intended for honest opinions but people fucked it up. i think only that dude with the French sounding name well and truly kept it real.
Old 07-16-05, 08:51 PM   #33
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 58D6 1AF0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
Heh, good luck with that. RB would eat most of the members here with text and if you're hardcore about audio..go try and get even relatively known on RM...

But most of the people here that are claiming shit liek that will leave this site and come right back whne they realize that this is the only place that their wackness would get thme any aclaim. I can name at least 5 "vets" that have done this and found out the hardway.

what??? slowly?? It's bene that way since I got here in december and I'm sure as hell it didn't JUST start that day.

The fact hat you said "RV has helped me elevate" in it self is sad...

It wasn't always like this. I came in July, and that was when there were some of the old RB heads. But it has helped me in my writing. You didn't start off great doomsday, something helped you get better. So don't act like you were born with great talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 07-16-05, 09:53 PM   #34
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 67A8 5417

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
It wasn't always like this. I came in July, and that was when there were some of the old RB heads. But it has helped me in my writing. You didn't start off great doomsday, something helped you get better. So don't act like you were born with great talent.

Actually...well, I won't get into all that. But you're not 100% right. But no one took my hand and helped me or anything, I just taught my self. If I told you how it happened you'd think I was smoking PCP. And weather I was or wasn't is irrelevant.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 09:57 PM   #35
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

lol i see someone had a lil something on their chest??? y u gettin booty hurt online homeboi...settle down

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 11:00 PM   #36
Keith Moon
Thank You, Come Again

Text Record: 11-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1C81 276B

Am I rightfully cocky?
or is Nos telling me to stfu?
Old 07-16-05, 11:55 PM   #37
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1184 3B5F

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
Ya, but you know what's gonna happen, Nos? People are gonna read this thread and go, "Well thank God he's not talking about me." Some people are blind to how they act or come off to sound like. I try not to sound cocky, if it works, I don't know. But, anyone who says they are good, needs to go to RB, or some other established forym where "good" on here is basically the worst you can be on that forum. I think some people on here know they are bad overall, but they stay her because people tell them they are good. They don't want to leave the site that tells them they are the best to go to the one that will make them better, even though they have to work again.

Are you kidding me? Dude RB is even worse. Theres so many faggots that swear their dope as fuck, but write dumbass generic crap that you wouldnt find off the net cause real emcees would think its too gay to spit. Ever read some of their legends topical peices? Damn, the shit is comprised of maybe one or two good peices and then a bunch of dumb shit that only someone on the net who aint gonna face up for writing gay shit would drop. Honestly. I'm talking real rap not netcee crap nahmsayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turban.
^^that is pure nonsense...who cares if people are cocky on the net?. get a life if you care that much....if you don't like things here just leave and goto AznRaps or something...

Funny that your a perfect candidate for what I'm talking about. Thanks for getting all defencive and proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
This has been said hundreds of times already...get over it this site wont change...=/

Do your part to make it change. Listen to professional lyricists and try to push yourself untill you actually are on their level. Critique vets and tell them they are wack if what they wrote was wack instead of pretending it was actually decent. I'm guilty of doing that too.. If people start doing it all the time the site will elevate cause kids will get fed up with being told they aint very good. The only reason it hasnt worked in the past is cause people dont take action, which is another trate of an average faggot that aint nuthin special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
Another one of those threads where everyone who replies denies having anything to do with it...

Exactly. What can you do about it though ey.. I'm telling you.. about 70% of this thread thats giving their opinions like they aint guilty is who I'm talking about and they dont even realise it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
Heh, good luck with that. RB would eat most of the members here with text and if you're hardcore about audio..go try and get even relatively known on RM...

But most of the people here that are claiming shit liek that will leave this site and come right back whne they realize that this is the only place that their wackness would get thme any aclaim. I can name at least 5 "vets" that have done this and found out the hardway.

..RM? People should go and try getting reletivly known around their local areas. And I dont mean being the only kid that half raps in some hick town, I mean having the small startings of a fan base. RV isnt a bad site, people just need to step their game up and stop acting like its everyone else with the problems. The net can help you write rhymes, but its when you start having your stuff shown to real people off the net that dont know you, thats when you start getting real about what your doing. The net is fantasy shit, people lie in their lyrics like its alright. You dont get that when you have to face up to real people with shit you write. Thats what seperates the men from boys.

-------
If people want change they gotta step up and take it instead of sitting back and pretending they aint part of the problem. Now if youll excuse me I got a song to make. Peace.
Old 07-16-05, 11:57 PM   #38
Keith Moon
Thank You, Come Again

Text Record: 11-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1C81 276B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChase
Am I rightfully cocky?
or is Nos telling me to stfu?

Ignored again...
but on the real..Nos is right.too many unrightfully cocky people...
Old 07-17-05, 02:20 AM   #39
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 67A8 5417

Quote:
..RM? People should go and try getting reletivly known around their local areas. And I dont mean being the only kid that half raps in some hick town, I mean having the small startings of a fan base. RV isnt a bad site, people just need to step their game up and stop acting like its everyone else with the problems. The net can help you write rhymes, but its when you start having your stuff shown to real people off the net that dont know you, thats when you start getting real about what your doing. The net is fantasy shit, people lie in their lyrics like its alright. You dont get that when you have to face up to real people with shit you write. Thats what seperates the men from boys.

As a man that has an album out and talks to mofos at small and large labels, I def feel you, but I'm thinkign in the word of a netcee, what is their pinacle of achievement? RM and RB most likely. That'd be about as "mainstream" as the net would get respectively. If you're talking real life, I've seen more niggas lie in rhymes in real life than i EVER have on the net. You have any idea how many dudes I know tlak about iced out chains and jags and shit whne they're with a hand-me-down wifebeat on?

But on some real shit, if you think anyoen in here is wack or less skilled than people say they are, man shit, tell em. I do, lol. how many times I told you thatI odn't liek your style or your songs? It's not beefing of anything liek that - jsut stating how I honestly feel. I don't see the point in telling anyone anything to make them feel better. Do more harm than good.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-05, 02:23 AM   #40
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Lol

nos you didn't make this because of my aim cockyness did you?

Old 07-17-05, 02:37 AM   #41
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

^

steph & april
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-17-05, 02:39 AM   #42
Indeph
Not_Indeph

ok let me put my 2 cents in.

I honestly think I'm average.Nothing great yet.I'm open to help.
The reason most people are wrongfully cocky is due to people's feed.
Most people don't mean shit when they feed.They just feed to return
the favor.So they'll say "dope drop" and add u did some random area wrong.
Its just ignorant.I been starting audio and people comment on quality and not
lyrics.They will tell me "ur qualities ass" And I'll be like "What about flow and lyrics?" and they'll say "oh they were dope".No one is helping people here.We forgot we're here to rap.Its so fuckin easy to get "popular" here so people are scared of real life.Honestly everytime I do something outside like when I did that open mic show at cretestock.I came home and went on RV and saw peopel taking the most stupid shit seriously.A net rep doesnt' get u anywhere unless you're VERY known on soundclick.Honestly most people aren't even serious about rap here.Its a hobby to them.Niggas like doomsday,nos, omb,Triple N are makin moves.I'm tryin to also,just starting,but Nos to all these cocky people THIS IS LIFE.its like being a big fish in a small pond.You're not cocky when you're in the real world.....too many big fish.

pc
Old 07-17-05, 02:41 AM   #43
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

^STFU STOOOOOPID

>:O

steph & APRIL
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-17-05, 02:47 AM   #44
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
^STFU STOOOOOPID

>:O

steph & APRIL

fawkin nooooooooooooob
Old 07-17-05, 05:16 PM   #45
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: FFBA C081

Really its Not there fault 2 a certain degree...Us So called VETS on the site
should step up and let these herbs know the ropes..like a vet did 2 us
when eva we first got here..Instead we call them Newbs and Herbs
and Brandish them..Doing Nothing but Neglecting there call out 4
Help..but they win bout 5 battles...and think they the King of Rv
when they dont even kno what a Similie is ..or
wha it Means 2 Complex your Battles...Shits crazy...
There are alotta young Fucks on this Board...Shit im only 19
Theres Nothing wrong with being CONFIDENT..if you have
Done Something 2 PROOVE yourself...Or we can check
ya battle stats...and be like ok..kids kinda dope.....

Its a Fuckin Computer..i was on that i Own rv Shit
a While Back...Man fuck that Cuz...its a Board
U win some u Lose Some..But in the end

Atleast Try 2 Learn something Fuckers...

*Nuff Said*

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote