RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-07, 04:36 AM   #31
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
God to me is some sort of entity that controls the universe that I can't begin to explain beyond that. Obviously, it leaves it wide open for interpretation, but I'm not going to try and detail God because I don't know. Nobody knows. We all can have opinions and believe whatever we want but we know absolutely nothing. You can spend all the time in the world reading books and forming your own opinions but if you believe in God as something that everything exists through, you will never truly understand it or be able to comprehend what it consists of.

Controls the universe how?
Old 02-10-07, 10:23 AM   #32
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

i do believe in god however not in the way christians do...im sure ive said it before but ill say it again...

i think god is a metaphor for existence in itself, but people writing the bible couldnt get the message across and have people believe them unless they gave "god" human characteristics such as love and compassion and whatnot...

personally i have trouble believing in a book that logoically must have been written by men...if christianity is right and we are all equal and in the image of god and whatnot, then what makes the word some men more valid than the word of others? wouldn't proclaiming the bible as word of god when it is the word written by men be seen as a sin in itself...because wouldnt that inadvertently mean that the men who wrote it are bein seen as god ie false idols

and also i have a huge problem with the way christianity seems to caste many aspects of human nature as sinful...people are naturally envious sometimes, the instinct to survive can cause people to bear false witness and steal, and sometimes people are shit parents so why should they be honoured in those cases?

can someone clear this up for me?
Old 02-10-07, 11:23 AM   #33
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmanner
and also i have a huge problem with the way christianity seems to caste many aspects of human nature as sinful...people are naturally envious sometimes, the instinct to survive can cause people to bear false witness and steal, and sometimes people are shit parents so why should they be honoured in those cases?

can someone clear this up for me?

I think I can answer this last bit, and probably the one before it, but I am very tired right now...

The things regarded as sinful have a purpose. I think some are not reliable and were included in the bible for some other reason, most likely with a selfish motive.

For the legit "sins," that is just Jesus or other prophets giving helpful advice. Lying, stealing, killing, deceiving, jealousy, greed, etc etc... All of these things lead to suffering for people, and not only the victim of the sin, also the perpetrator. Whether they know it or not, doing these things has a negative effect resulting in corruption and hell. Hell in the sense of a living hell, not some mystical fiery dimension. For example, greed. You might look at somebody rich, who got their money from being ruthless and greedy and think "damn, why does that dude have such a dope life, he has good cars and three huge houses and a hot wife." That is actually your fault that you feel that way, since that man is no happier than you are for being jealous. Getting things that you want does not equal happiness, that guy has sinned so he suffers. You have sinned and been jealous, not realizing his circumstances aren't that great... Therefore you suffer.

You know what I mean? Similar advice is given in many other religions.
Old 02-10-07, 11:51 AM   #34
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 974D 4926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Controls the universe how?

Controls as in, is part of the universe, or is the universe, I'm not sure exactly. I do believe that if God wanted something to happen, it would. But that could make him a supreme super-being or even just the will of the universe. I'm not exactly sure, like I said.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 02-11-07, 08:00 PM   #35
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9B2C 9A4D

To all the Christians in this thread...don't cast your pearls among swine...

But, realize this...God isn't mocked...All those people who claim He isn't relevant will have to tell him that to his face.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote