RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-05, 05:11 AM   #31
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Believe it or not bling bling, hos, and flash cars ISNT what rap is all about.

Rock has a culture just the same as hip hop. The elements arent as clearly defined, but theyre there. And it sells just as much.
Old 03-30-05, 11:40 PM   #32
J-Money
Praise The King, Peasants

Text Record: 2-1
IP: 1C00 CCA1

im gonna put it like this.. i dont listen to rock, its just something i cant get into/feel. but that doesnt mean i go around saying "fuck rock". everybody is entitled to their own opinion and their own choice of music. i live in a mostly all white area where prolly 80% listen to rock. in my school, almost every day i hear somebody saying "fuck rap" or "rap sucks". that shit pisses me off so fucking much. just because you dont personally like something doesnt mean others shouldnt

Send a message via AIM to J-Money Send a message via MSN to J-Money   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 12:13 AM   #33
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by (X)eed
************** WELL rap sellllllls way more than rock......actually and sum rockaz....jus get on the mic and yelll 4 no reason......but........ rap has awesome beats...... ai...... but also rap is all bout sellin a dream.....i gues wit all flash cars and all....... rock is jus its self.....

^ thats the stupidest generalization of music of ever read......quite ignorant as well......once again people are just sterotyping music, thinking rock is just guys screaming on a mic, sending no messages but death or drugs.........plus, alot of rock has really good writtten music.....people nowadays are just more fascinated with what you can create on a computer rather than with an instrument

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 04:37 AM   #34
(X)eed
(X) CeEding all Expectations

Text Record: 11-18
IP: 5A50 DAC7

^^^^^^^^^^^^Well tru dat....u got a point ai???/ but..... rap sellls way more den rock...and actually i wuz listenin 2 velvet revolver 2dae.dah song dirty lil thing...pretty gud actually ....liked it..i guess if u kinda force ..or jus go wif dah flow of any musik..u'll like it...and sum kat in this thread said u shud neva limit ur self 2 jus 1 genre of musik....... dat dsnt sho ur a musican or sum shyt like dat...i quite agree wif him ai......
i guess i wuz confused wif wat musik is wat..... well holla

(X)CeeD

Old 03-31-05, 04:53 AM   #35
Parallel
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 8-4
IP: 0CB8 A04E

hip hop owns any else
Send a message via AIM to Parallel Send a message via MSN to Parallel   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 03:24 PM   #36
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B525 44D9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Money
im gonna put it like this.. i dont listen to rock, its just something i cant get into/feel. but that doesnt mean i go around saying "fuck rock". everybody is entitled to their own opinion and their own choice of music. i live in a mostly all white area where prolly 80% listen to rock. in my school, almost every day i hear somebody saying "fuck rap" or "rap sucks". that shit pisses me off so fucking much. just because you dont personally like something doesnt mean others shouldnt

yeah mayn it pisses me off 2. but in Brdgewater its not like that, its like 80% iz rap people. u gotta remember, new germany, lunenburg, river port, mahone bay n bitch ass places like that, that r outside of Bridgewater iz tha 80% rock kids, cuz theyre all faggot ass hick type bitches. most of them anywayz. and they dont have high skools in them places, so them mark ass tricks gotta come into Bridgewater 2 go 2 skool here n then they hate on us. fucka them. its tha same az anythang, them bitches gotta come here 2 go 2 a mall or theater or anythang. but id say our skool iz about half n half. but sum of them rock kids r like "tha only rap i can stand iz Eazy-E" so i dont got a problem wif them people. wiggity werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 03-31-05, 03:39 PM   #37
Murdah.txt
Get Stomped.

IP: 1359 748A

rappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Old 03-31-05, 03:40 PM   #38
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA$per
rappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

holy fuck u freepost alot, lol, werd

Old 03-31-05, 03:41 PM   #39
Murdah.txt
Get Stomped.

IP: 1359 748A

werd im not free postin i was sayin rap is better than rock lol
Old 03-31-05, 05:36 PM   #40
Germ
in your system

IP: 9E2F CDE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by (X)eed
^^^^^^^^^^^^Well tru dat....u got a point ai???/ but..... rap sellls way more den rock...and actually i wuz listenin 2 velvet revolver 2dae.dah song dirty lil thing...pretty gud actually ....liked it..i guess if u kinda force ..or jus go wif dah flow of any musik..u'll like it...and sum kat in this thread said u shud neva limit ur self 2 jus 1 genre of musik....... dat dsnt sho ur a musican or sum shyt like dat...i quite agree wif him ai......
i guess i wuz confused wif wat musik is wat..... well holla

exactly....but i think rap sells more because of the type of music it is....not saying that all rap is the same, its not........but you look at the shit that sells the most, example, gunit....and for the most part, that shit aint good, but people listen to it because everyone else does, and for the most part, i think people get into rap because its more rebellious, and they feel more "badass", you know, cause you look at the kids growing up these days, theres a whack load of violence and what not....and alot of shit, i think, is influenced alot by music........but thats just my opinion, i listen to both, but not as much rap, nothing really mainstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost boy
rapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

that was a freepost, you didn't say anything along the lines of "i like rap better because....".....all you said was one word, which makes it a free post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallel
hip-hop owns anyone else

no it doesn't......it doesn't own anything, really

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 08:01 PM   #41
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
IP: CF4E 8780

why debate? i mean they both have there negatives... we have shaq and wordman .. rock has wannabes like avril whats her name and ashley simpson

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat
Old 03-31-05, 08:34 PM   #42
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 303B 3599

This is as debatable as the letter W and a straw hat.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 09:22 PM   #43
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
This is as debatable as the letter W and a straw hat.

now dont git me wrong, i like my straw hats, but tha letter W iz just alot mo kool. like, it's 1 letter, but it's made of 4 different lines that r stuck 2getha. and a straw hat iz just sum straw put 2getha in tha shape of a hat. but i gotta say, its alot mo fun 2 dance while wearing a straw hat then it iz 2 dance while wearing a shirt wif a big W on it.

W

VS.

see? tha letter W>>>>>> a straw hat, nuff sed, werd

Old 03-31-05, 09:52 PM   #44
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 303B 3599

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL COL-B
now dont git me wrong, i like my straw hats, but tha letter W iz just alot mo kool. like, it's 1 letter, but it's made of 4 different lines that r stuck 2getha. and a straw hat iz just sum straw put 2getha in tha shape of a hat. but i gotta say, its alot mo fun 2 dance while wearing a straw hat then it iz 2 dance while wearing a shirt wif a big W on it.

W

VS.

see? tha letter W>>>>>> a straw hat, nuff sed, werd

Well that's half your mistake my friend. You're dancing with a straw hat on your head, and a W on your shirt. You gotta know how to rock a W. You gotta wear it like a neck brace. THEN dance with it. But I most definitely agree, the letter W is most definitley bette than a straw hat. Dancing or not dancing. See?

^^chock full of good W-ness.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 09:55 PM   #45
Prez.Sence
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 22CD ECD6

debate? this is all opinionated. its not like one is better, becuz all people like their type. i cant stand folk, but there r people who listen to nothing else. i listen to mostly rap, but i cant listen to only rap. i need some rock just to balance it out.