RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Text = pussies
yes 3 20.00%
no 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-03, 01:47 PM   #31
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B90F 540D

Quote:
Originally posted by dough hostile
"Thirdly, if the flow doesn't appeal to you, then don't listen. Just because you think they don't have flow doesn't mean that they lack a flow of any kind. They are just different."

i dont see how text can have flow.
the flow comes out when you say it. but if u said it....you are most likely going to spit and then go into audio.

holla at my boy over there that said text seems like a fake career.
it kinda is. cause i dont know one sick ass mainstream textcee...but i do know some mainstream netcees (audio heads) for you incoherent types...

Ok, your talking about text not having flow...Ok, when you write your audio's...there's now flow?

You can also read shit out loud...

And whats this shit? "mainstream textcee" wtf? First off, who cares about fucking mainstream. Second, who says any of these guys wanted a career? Or wanted to make there text anything more then what it is?
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-03, 02:19 PM   #32
8-off

Text Record: 0-1
Re: Text Is For Fags.

IP: 3B6A D8F3

Quote:
Yes or No.

i say yes,

CAUSE U TEXT IF U SOUND LIKE A LITTLE BITCH.

words of a man who votes his own opinon on his own poll
Old 05-11-03, 02:33 PM   #33
dough hostile

IP: 9C86 D811

"words of a man who votes his own opinon on his own poll"

words of a herb with newbs on his ripped list.
Old 05-11-03, 02:47 PM   #34
R-Cypher

IP: A920 1B44

Totally agreeing with Brukor. If there is anyone who does wanna get something out of typing their stuff over the net then they need help. Hey look I'm even spelling everything right. Hehehehe.

Good on ya Brukor.
Old 05-11-03, 03:06 PM   #35
Emcee Hostile

IP: 9C86 D811

ok thats enough from this thread.

honestly i just wanted to see who else thought text was gay, and there was no reason for people to start insulting each other becausse of each others opinions.

good points have been brought up in this thread forthose who are pro and anti text.

ill see you guys around in the audio lounge.
Old 05-12-03, 06:56 PM   #36
XTC
BANNED

Text Record: 9-2
IP: C3FB FB1E

fuck off text is da shit
Old 05-12-03, 06:56 PM   #37
XTC
BANNED

Text Record: 9-2
IP: C3FB FB1E

no hatin on me for dis vote
Old 05-12-03, 08:27 PM   #38
Envious Stylez

IP: 1B3B C284

Quote:
Yes or No.

i say yes,

I think you already answered your question....text is pretty lame,if you can afford the net,then you can at least afford to get a $15-20 mic to start with.Text doesn't do too much considering flowing in text is different then flowing to a beat,plus a lot of punches in text would sound gay in audio.You don't have a beat to take advantage of....it isn't as moving,plus nobody sells text albums....the only place a text album/track will get rotation is in a paper shredder.It is better to go straight to audio and write songs to beats.Even if you don't have a mic, you could at least cypher in the streets or something until you can get one to get you started....their is no excuse for someone to say they can't get their hands on a mic...go to a friends and use theirs,save your pennys or something,you could benefit a lot better from it.You don't get signed to a label for text,you don't buy text tracks,text is only half of it.So yes text is pretty pointless,eventually you textcees will wake up and realize this and eitheir make the transition to audio like most,or part way from rap.
Old 05-12-03, 08:38 PM   #39
Lowd Mowf

IP: 4577 CD9A

^^Aiight, I avoided this thread for the most part after I posted my thoughts, but this kid is going to make me post again.

I know this might be a hard concept for a lot of people, but you peopel saying that text is pussy, aren't the best audio heads. I've peeped some of you, and you're garbage, you have a lot of places you need to improve. So, instead of picking on a medium that made you medium possible, why don't you give them credit and stop forgetting your roots.

Everyone came into audio through text, very rarely does somebody just jump into the audio scene with a mic. On or offline, it's the same thing. People don't just hop in the booth, they write shit to their favorite song, and tweak and edit it. They make sure that their lyrical basis is set in their writing before they move on to that vocal step. The writing is the foundation for audio, 'cuz anyone can run on a mic and talk bullshit (like some of the emcees at RBs), or you can think out the verse[s] and spit them with heart and feeling, because they came from you. You can relate to your material and make sure that it expresses what you are feeling at that time.

Another point I plan to make right here is this. I know you have heard of "ghost writers," who do nothing but sit around and write!!! So, the people you are making fun of, mocking, and calling "bitches" could very well be writing the material you are nodding your head to a few years down the road. Respect writing as another aspect of hip-hop.

Graffitti, b-boys, scratching, freestyling, ghostwriting, popping, flexing, etc., is all a part of the hip-hop culture. You cannot have one without all of the others. It's a mind-set, not a "level." Everything is on the same level, your skill is what determines what "level" you're on. I know some textcees that could bitch audio heads by posting a quick 16 bar keystyle. So, audio is by no means "better" then audio.

I know it might be weird, an audio head, defending the text kids. But I used to be a text kid, and I used to struggle and sweat and work on my material until I knew that you could read it and get the vibe I wanted you to get. It's hard work, and when it's done well, there is no knocking it.

Text and audio are just the skin of an emcee, their skill and talent is what makes them "bitches" or "ill."

SO READ THE SIG, 'CUZ MUH'FUCKAS \/\/\/
Old 05-14-03, 12:59 PM   #40
drastik3

IP: EFD1 5612

yo u no what man, text can be more difficult then audio if u really sit down n think about it. You cant take words that dont rhyme, and rhyme with them in text like u can in audio. Audio u can change the way u say shit and so many people do that. So before u go off sayin text is gay maybe you should think about it all in perspective homie.thats all ther is to it, if u say text is gay then u really aint shit, prove ur good
Old 05-15-03, 11:04 PM   #41
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

IP: CFB3 F800

Quote:
Yes or No.

i say yes,

. . . you're wack as fuck at both so you really can't say shit about anything . . .
Old 05-17-03, 08:43 PM   #42
cerealkilla
BANNED

Text Record: 0-5
IP: 8D5B D91F

Text is cool if you don't have a mic but text or audio can't copare to an actual battle,cuz online,nobody has a face!
Old 05-18-03, 10:41 AM   #43
Kapone
BANNED - Pink Slipped

Text Record: 11-6
IP: A246 543E

aight look

ima either shut the shit down with this, or get hated on and tossed whatever, i get hated everywhere on this site enuff not to care anymore....

heres one idea for you who think that text is gay DONT FUCKIN READ IT that fuckin simple, honestly

you bitch about sumthin and try to clown, but ur clownin on a lost cause, ur not gettin anywhere wit ur audios neither, honestly, what muhfucca u know thats on a major label who got signed off the inter net?

NO ONE

its simple, dont like it, dont read it, dont like the way shits done, leave, ur so caught up in tryna clown on complex shit, ur forgettin the simple shit that could save you the stress of hating and arguing, your what a therapist would label a conflict addict, you make conflict for yourself because you feed off of it, prolly cuz daddy left and mom was tryna support ur family werkin 2 jobs and shit, u didnt get much attention huh?

and another point, who cares about shadow? he maybee ur homeboy and all, but is he here now? does he have any relivance to this situation? nope. so if youd like to call text gay, call text gay.

but that would make you a hipocrit because all of us do this for one or 2 of these reasons

a] entertainment pourposes
b] they have no life
c] they have whats called "heros syndrome" and have a false since of the term " if u can belive, u can achieve" ud like to cut a deal, u wanna cut a del, but u know you wont, but you keep trying cuz ur too fuckin stubborn to admit defeat before u start...

so in conclusion... shut the fuck up, its not like your doin anything better accept take the oil from the gears, ur makin shit hectic for us, if you'd like to clown some one, clown master blaster, hes a fag that only does audios in the sound room of his church and stands in poses a catholic preist would love to show off his "big guns" and a nose that just lures ur fist to it like a cake and anna nicole smith...

so man, shut the fuck up, text isnt gay also, u fuckin homophobes use gay way too often, how can a style of writing be gay? does text hump poetry?

peace

Last edited by Kapone : 05-18-03 at 10:44 AM.
Send a message via Yahoo to Kapone   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-03, 10:50 AM   #44
Un-Skrypted

IP: EB21 FAD6

This argument is so ancient.

It takes text to make audios. And if you wanna be a smart ass and claim u "freestyle" everything, remember the waves are binary code.
Old 05-20-03, 10:33 AM   #45
inspire
.-.Marxism.-.

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: C390 5181

lmao what a bunch of bitchin' thats been goin' on here...
ok here the deal... there certain shit you can pull off in text and certain shit you can in audio...
with text you can pull off good flow, nice multies etc that you otherwise couldnt really do in audio (example: you can speak fast enough.. or whatever) also you can have more complex punches, cause you can explain them... i mean you wouldnt stop your audio and explain your punch...
with audio, you can come off with more basic stuff and still make it sound dope with added voice effects... i mean if you posted this in elite front lines.
yo you straight bring the worst game/
couldnt be the one if KRS was ya first name/
i grab the mic and let you know im mad tight/
let you know i coulda been your dad right/
matter fact i was with ya moms last night/
matter of fact im the reason you little sisters half white/

^^you would get murdered (if that was your original rhyme and you didnt bite off eyedea)... but eyedea can pull that off quite nicely...

thats my 2 cents... lmao
Send a message via MSN to inspire Send a message via Yahoo to inspire   Reply With Quote