RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To WIn THe Election
Bush 1 8.33%
Other guy [forgot his name] 6 50.00%
I don't give a damn 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-04, 09:57 AM   #31
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ED9F 61C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows edge
i do, and they are crackpots for the most part. honestly though, discussing politics on this site seems kinda pointless, though i'm willing to give it a whirl.

well what do they stand for then? and how are they crack pots?
Old 04-27-04, 11:12 AM   #32
Diagnose
Suspended: Biting

Text Record: 12-6
IP: C348 5CFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa
no lost how old are you like 13-14

bitch...i'm 18..so shut the fuck up u fuckin newb
Old 04-27-04, 12:04 PM   #33
swampsouljah707
Suspended: Cheater

Text Record: 0-6
i dont give a fuck

IP: EC0B 84C7

i seriously dont give a flyin fuck who wins that shit!!! bush
kerrry
Old 04-27-04, 01:20 PM   #34
B_Loco
I Aint Playin Witcha

Text Record: 8-13
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: DFB7 75F3

I really d0nt give a damn who wins dat shyt....bush is an ass and so is da utha dude[whateva his name is] i think we would be better off without a president..and if we do get a president....i think we should see how i woman would run dat shyt lmaooooo....nvm kuz women be tripN when dey get on dem damn "." so chea we dont need a president unless its ME....VoTe C_R_E_A_M for president!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been G0ne F0r a Minute....N0w Im Back f0r Elevati0n
Old 04-27-04, 01:23 PM   #35
B_Loco
I Aint Playin Witcha

Text Record: 8-13
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: DFB7 75F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa
^^fuckin fedaraly^^ fuck the goverment

lmaoooooooo Dats nuthin but the truth yo....FUCK DA GOVERNMENT..aNd BUSH and KerrY!

Been G0ne F0r a Minute....N0w Im Back f0r Elevati0n
Old 04-27-04, 01:52 PM   #36
Shadows edge
retired.

Text Record: 20-11
IP: 75F5 BDD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dren
well what do they stand for then? and how are they crack pots?

Liberatians generally stand for a minimal government, flatter (and lower) tax rates, privatizations of anything that can be privatized, etc .. those that are more hardcore Randians/Objectivists also stand by various less than good philosophies. The major problem is the blind adherence to The Market, which is supposed to take care of any and every social ill if only that damn pesky government would stop meddeling in it.
Old 04-27-04, 01:53 PM   #37
Shadows edge
retired.

Oh and I forgot the other part - greater social liberty. Except many are fairly conservative and thus pro-life.
Old 04-28-04, 01:01 AM   #38
Karl Merks
Doesn't Belong Here.

IP: 95FF 1D86

YoO GuYz r Soo EduCatted
Old 04-28-04, 02:28 AM   #39
Shadows edge
retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Merks
YoO GuYz r Soo EduCatted

Yes, I am. I moderate a Politics Forum on an actual board. These people.. less so. Yes.
Old 05-05-04, 12:47 PM   #40
Diagnose
Suspended: Biting

Text Record: 12-6
IP: C348 5CFF

^lolz.tite
Old 05-05-04, 02:02 PM   #41
dren
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows edge
Liberatians generally stand for a minimal government, flatter (and lower) tax rates, privatizations of anything that can be privatized, etc .. those that are more hardcore Randians/Objectivists also stand by various less than good philosophies. The major problem is the blind adherence to The Market, which is supposed to take care of any and every social ill if only that damn pesky government would stop meddeling in it.

yeah, they typically are for greater personal liberties, for an actual free country. I don't see clinging to The Market as a problem for social ills. At least the government isn't forcing everybody to pay for problems that don't affect them that way.
Old 05-05-04, 02:06 PM   #42
Shadows edge
retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dren
yeah, they typically are for greater personal liberties, for an actual free country. I don't see clinging to The Market as a problem for social ills. At least the government isn't forcing everybody to pay for problems that don't affect them that way.

First of all, the government isn't created just to take care of *you*, it's for the people. This means the government should be helping everyone, not the people who have shitloads of money, a job, healthcare, etc. Those people don't need help. Secondly, the more a society protects the people on the bottom of the socioeconomic scale, the better off the people on top will be. First of all, not having government programs do certain things raises crime rates. For example - you don't want free government drug programs? Ok, now you have druggies causing crime to get money and wham, youre taxes just went up because have millions of people in jail who shouldn't be.

So yes, in many cases I am for higher personal rights and, for example, I think the war on drugs is absurd. However, Libertarian solutions to education and so on are quite often rather absurd.
Old 05-05-04, 03:06 PM   #43
dren
Middle Weight

If you legalize drugs crime will decrease. Look at FBI records and it has shown that durring prohibition crime rate went up, then went back down to its lower level after the government got rid of it. When a black market exists for something in fairly high demand, prices shoot up and crime increases. Talk to anybody who is in a gang (the business side of it, not the retards that run around throwing up signs) and they can tell you this is true. When the drug prohibition started the crime rate went back up. Why would crack heads steal if they can buy crack for next to nothing if it was legalized? The main crimes commited due to the war on drugs are the possesion and selling of drugs. Legalize drugs and all these crimes dissapear. I don't think there will be any more crack heads out there if you legalize crack. Would you start doing crack if it was legal? Probably not, and neither will everyone else. We all know crack is bad. People that want the drug will get it either way, if it is legal or not, so why make it illegal?

Government may be for the people, but the national government is NOT meant to give handouts to the less fortunate. Local government is for this, which it does much better. Local government used to do this in the past. National government is there primarily to make sure the states don't get out of hand, to regulate state commerce and international commerce. I don't want the national government forcing me to give my money to people who may make less than me. If I want to help them, then I will on my own. If you think people who make less money than you should get some money, then you should give some of your own money to them...but would you do this since you think the less fortunate deserve better?
Old 05-05-04, 03:15 PM   #44
dren
Middle Weight

Oh and with the education...

Private education worked wonders years before the government ever got involved. Parents would teach their kids how to read and write, and the father would help giving the kid experience in the real world. Most attended private schools and some graduated high school. Many didn't go to college since this was and is not needed. Literacy rates were just as high or higher back then. Extended learning was done at libraries and things of the such and also through experience, apprenticeships. Some were sent to boarding schools.

College is not needed in most occupations today, but it is held in high regard because it is something that happens to be used as a benchmark. It seems weird that the more money the government pours into the schools...the worse they get. The schools teach you how wonderful government is and that the government has saved this country in the past, but who runs the schools? Ask how many people working at the mall have college degrees....a lot of them will, but do you need a college degree to sell shoes or jewelry? Many millionairs realized school was a waste of their time and they skipped it all and went on to make lots of money. Why should the government educate people when it already does a bad job at it. Why is education constantly an issue in politics? It is because the government gets more and more involved in it, screwing it up even more.
Old 05-05-04, 03:17 PM   #45
dren
Middle Weight

oh where is this politics site? i wanna join