RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-04, 08:11 PM   #31
Raptor
New to RB

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ABE5 5A5C

Schema, I can kinna understand why u feel that way about Ether. But KEEP this in mind , this was NASIRS 1ST FIGHT-coming FROM TOTAL inactivity- for more than 4YRS , GRIEVING his MOTHERS DEATH. BUT, with that 1 song he took away JAY-Z's seeming AURA of INVINCIBILITY. Nas did to JAY what RABBIT did to PAPA DOC-he revealed immbarrassing personal info on J (and thats a 'PERSONAL'-A HUGE PERSONAL) anytime some1 can get info like that on u. Also, REMEMBER, like someone ABOVE SAID already, there are DIFFERENT LEVELS of BATTLE (WRITTEN, AUDIO and LIVE-face to face) WITH their own DISTINCT JUDGING CRITERIA. See, though they share the common thread of being Battles, you must JUDGE them USING the CORRECT CRITERIA-OR ELSE u could END UP CALLING sumpthin GENIUS DUMB as fuk. U SED something like ,"with lyrics like that WE'D TELL THEM TO ELEVATE In Here", but u FAILED 2 JUDGE Ether on its CORRECT CRITERIA (Production, Flow, the Voices Bearing[calm, angry, the clearness of the voice etc.) To DRIVE IT HOME, let's look at MULTIS. YA'LL HERE on this site WORSHIP fukin MULTIS, But in LIVE BATTLE you DONT USE Overly COMPLEX Rhyme SCHEMES-'less u wanna lose- Cuz WHEN YOUR LIVE- FOLKS only GET 1 CHANCE to hear your shit and if U FUK UP or Mumble ,or Rap Super Fast, then THE CROWD ends up MISSING your Punchlines and Witty remarks and U WILL LOSE BADLY. Yes BADLY, even though u used a More Complex Rhyme Scheme and Sed 'Deeper' Shit than the other guy. See on the LIVE level of BATTLE-CLARITY, HUMOR and SIMPLICITY are far MORE important THAN fukin MULTIS and- "but I USED BIGGER WORDS than he did??!!??- So next time u JUDGE a thing KEEP that in mind, I mean that with NO HATE cuz I can appreciate your analytical way of examining things, it's quite interesting. I WROTE A FUKKIN LIBRARY-DAMN!! NUFF SED.1
Old 08-25-04, 08:20 PM   #32
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

Text Record: 21-6
IP: 579A 75C3

Damn... ^^^ This 1 smart nigga, specially for a noob
Old 08-25-04, 09:26 PM   #33
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Schema, I can kinna understand why u feel that way about Ether. But KEEP this in mind , this was NASIRS 1ST FIGHT-coming FROM TOTAL inactivity- for more than 4YRS , GRIEVING his MOTHERS DEATH. BUT, with that 1 song he took away JAY-Z's seeming AURA of INVINCIBILITY. Nas did to JAY what RABBIT did to PAPA DOC-he revealed immbarrassing personal info on J (and thats a 'PERSONAL'-A HUGE PERSONAL) anytime some1 can get info like that on u. Also, REMEMBER, like someone ABOVE SAID already, there are DIFFERENT LEVELS of BATTLE (WRITTEN, AUDIO and LIVE-face to face) WITH their own DISTINCT JUDGING CRITERIA. See, though they share the common thread of being Battles, you must JUDGE them USING the CORRECT CRITERIA-OR ELSE u could END UP CALLING sumpthin GENIUS DUMB as fuk. U SED something like ,"with lyrics like that WE'D TELL THEM TO ELEVATE In Here", but u FAILED 2 JUDGE Ether on its CORRECT CRITERIA (Production, Flow, the Voices Bearing[calm, angry, the clearness of the voice etc.) To DRIVE IT HOME, let's look at MULTIS. YA'LL HERE on this site WORSHIP fukin MULTIS, But in LIVE BATTLE you DONT USE Overly COMPLEX Rhyme SCHEMES-'less u wanna lose- Cuz WHEN YOUR LIVE- FOLKS only GET 1 CHANCE to hear your shit and if U FUK UP or Mumble ,or Rap Super Fast, then THE CROWD ends up MISSING your Punchlines and Witty remarks and U WILL LOSE BADLY. Yes BADLY, even though u used a More Complex Rhyme Scheme and Sed 'Deeper' Shit than the other guy. See on the LIVE level of BATTLE-CLARITY, HUMOR and SIMPLICITY are far MORE important THAN fukin MULTIS and- "but I USED BIGGER WORDS than he did??!!??- So next time u JUDGE a thing KEEP that in mind, I mean that with NO HATE cuz I can appreciate your analytical way of examining things, it's quite interesting. I WROTE A FUKKIN LIBRARY-DAMN!! NUFF SED.1

word to your mother^^. aye somebody vote on my fuckin battle with -..Jono..- godammit!

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 08-25-04, 09:30 PM   #34
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
IP: 28AD 5545

Nas is dope...ether isnt my favorite by him...but he's still dope

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 02:30 AM   #35
Capital B
Internet is so beef...

From: Im in the buildin and im feelin myself. West Coastin....What you Reppin?
Text Record: 5-2
IP: ABE5 5A5C

i havent listen to ether yet but im shure it doesn't measure up to illmatic.
[/certified gangtsa]
Send a message via Yahoo to Capital B   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 05:12 AM   #36
Enhance
Seriously , I'm i`ll man.

IP: 07E0 A9F2

lol at this nas hater.

Compared to Jay-Z's Got yourself gun..

This was fucking legendary.. it's a legendary disss...

Enougth said the beat the flow.. the personal`s.. the joke`s.
Password Aka The Masked
2nd Moderator on Rapverse Ever
Not quite legendary yet....
Old 08-26-04, 05:15 AM   #37
Enhance
Seriously , I'm i`ll man.

IP: 07E0 A9F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Schema, I can kinna understand why u feel that way about Ether. But KEEP this in mind , this was NASIRS 1ST FIGHT-coming FROM TOTAL inactivity- for more than 4YRS , GRIEVING his MOTHERS DEATH. BUT, with that 1 song he took away JAY-Z's seeming AURA of INVINCIBILITY. Nas did to JAY what RABBIT did to PAPA DOC-he revealed immbarrassing personal info on J (and thats a 'PERSONAL'-A HUGE PERSONAL) anytime some1 can get info like that on u. Also, REMEMBER, like someone ABOVE SAID already, there are DIFFERENT LEVELS of BATTLE (WRITTEN, AUDIO and LIVE-face to face) WITH their own DISTINCT JUDGING CRITERIA. See, though they share the common thread of being Battles, you must JUDGE them USING the CORRECT CRITERIA-OR ELSE u could END UP CALLING sumpthin GENIUS DUMB as fuk. U SED something like ,"with lyrics like that WE'D TELL THEM TO ELEVATE In Here", but u FAILED 2 JUDGE Ether on its CORRECT CRITERIA p(Production, Flow, the Voices Bearing[calm, angry, the clearness of the voice etc.) To DRIVE IT HOME, let's look at MULTIS. YA'LL HERE on this site WORSHIP fukin MULTIS, But in LIVE BATTLE you DONT USE Overly COMPLEX Rhyme SCHEMES-'less u wanna lose- Cuz WHEN YOUR LIVE- FOLKS only GET 1 CHANCE to hear your shit and if U FUK UP or Mumble ,or Rap Super Fast, then THE CROWD ends up MISSING your Punchlines and Witty remarks and U WILL LOSE BADLY. Yes BADLY, even though u used a More Complex Rhyme Scheme and Sed 'Deeper' Shit than the other guy. See on the LIVE level of BATTLE-CLARITY, HUMOR and SIMPLICITY are far MORE important THAN fukin MULTIS and- "but I USED BIGGER WORDS than he did??!!??- So next time u JUDGE a thing KEEP that in mind, I mean that with NO HATE cuz I can appreciate your analytical way of examining things, it's quite interesting. I WROTE A FUKKIN LIBRARY-DAMN!! NUFF SED.1

word to that .. that's exactly what i said.. audio and text is completly different becuase your not only judged by lyrics.
Password Aka The Masked
2nd Moderator on Rapverse Ever
Not quite legendary yet....
Old 08-26-04, 06:07 AM   #38
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: 892E 81E1

finally somebody diasgreed and was intelligent about it...

i see what youre saying about all the different judging criteria but still as i listen to ether it seems badly put together to me...like there honestly wasnt one punch in that whole thing that surprised me or made me think...it seemed overyl simple and childish compared to what im used to from nas...I understand about the 4 year inactivity but you cant come back at someone in a battle and be wack and then just blame it on inactivity...if you lost you lost and you cant just explain it away...im not a big fan of multis really...i think punches can be much better without them but you still have to have punches...maybe he revealed personal info about jay but i for one didnt know what he was talking about he might as well have made it up...he didnt explain it and he was in no way creative about it...you can take all the above criteria which i do agree is important in audio and say that its good but when it comes down to it if there are no punchlines its not a battle. and judging this battle track on punchlines shows you that its a terrible diss song. if it were just a regular song it would be good except when he falls off the rhyme...the part where h says 'you are overly concerned with dissing women' or whatever is awkard in the lyrics and even more awkward when you hear it...it totally fucks the flow up...this song feels like a rough draft to me...like nobody around him was man enough to tell him it needed work so they gassed him up and it got put out....and the production is ill I agree but theres no substance to the song..you cant call it a battle track if there are no punches...he had attempts but that entire song is boring to me nothing that makes me think and nothing that makes me laugh its very mediocre...people dont like to admit it because they love nas but that song is not good...NAS IS ILL but ether sucks. I mean the shit you were saying about flow and production and all that is true but that only enhances the song...it cant be the only good points in your song...just because you pour syrup on shit doesnt make it pancakes...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 06:14 PM   #39
schema
howdy

^^uppin^^

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 08-26-04, 07:07 PM   #40
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 3240 794D

didnt i tel yaw?

nobody can have there own oppinion without being attacked for it

and shema was right...

already got all these reply's sayin shit was dope

ridin his dick so dam much and still
he didnt cum harder after illmatic

^^

dat aint evn rhyme and dats better then a battle verse from nas

~1~

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 07:14 PM   #41
FLooZe
.Don't Looze The Flooze.

Text Record: 8-7
IP: A621 A1C1

This diss track was garbage.How can people say its ill when the lyrics are wack? Look at the lyrics and tell me what U see thats a good:
personal
multi
wordplay
simile
Or anything at all that disses Jay-Z and that would make him embarrased.I've seen better diss tracks coming from Empire,come on.This Nas track is garbage,too much self ups and shit in this.Donr get me wrong,Nas is a rap god,just this track blows nuts.
Just my 2 cents.

The Definition. period.
Send a message via MSN to FLooZe   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 06:38 PM   #42
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Text Record: 17-2
IP: E198 D20B

and that's all that's it's worth, is 2 cents..

fuck what any one says..
Best Battle Tracks of all time, top 5

Hit Em Up - 2pac - Biggie Diss (Dope ass hell, and destroyed Big's image)

2nd Round Knock Out - Canibus - LL Diss (Best pure battle track ever, exposed his ass)

Ether - Nas - Jay-Z Diss (He's third to me, he hurt Jay-z, & the Flow was godly)

Nail In The Coffin - Eminem - Benzino Diss (He got at Benzino kinda tough)

Slim Anus - ICP - Eminem Diss (Funniest Shit I Ever Heard Man, and it's 50% true)

So fuck what ya'll say, ya'll must be nerds, Nas will kill anybody in the game except maybe Canibus, but anybody who wants it with Nas is stupid.. so plz, ya'll need to get of Jay-z's dick, what was the point of this hatin ass thread, u want people to know that u don't like Nas? the Nas fans don't give a fuck about what you say, including me..
Old 09-02-04, 07:03 PM   #43
schema
howdy

^^dickrider

I like nas...I dont like ether and Im tired of it getting props it doesnt deserve...where in my posts have i been on Jay-z's dick? show me...

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 09-02-04, 07:31 PM   #44
!Mc Merc!
Light Weight

Text Record: 4-3
IP: FD9D 8A8F

to me hit em up made pac look stupid as fuck
ether just plain wack, but nas is stillmatic

Guaranteed
Young gunn
Old 09-03-04, 07:29 PM   #45
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: EECF 4742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofisis#1
plz, ya'll need to get of Jay-z's dick, what was the point of this hatin ass thread, u want people to know that u don't like Nas? the Nas fans don't give a fuck about what you say, including me..

u so stupid man............. And u spendin alotta time up in this thread for sumone who doesnt care about was he says......he never sed he liked Jay-Z..... and he sed he liked nas but that the song sucked............ and it did......... well it didnt suck but takeover was alot better then Ether in my eyes, cuz Nas doesnt say much........ there was only like 2 scores i think u got wrong......... but besides that it was good scorin........