RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-05, 01:51 PM   #31
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: DAA8 774F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
Not of that alters the fact that you should be proud of your heritage.
Someone calls you a paki, say and what, that suppost to offend me...your a fuckin brit...etc.

No harm in it.

PS, out of interest where in the UK you at.

West Yorkshire....not far from Bradford, Leeds if you've heard of them places....

You?
Old 12-06-05, 01:51 PM   #32
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

BNP Stands strong in oldham.

Im an oldham lad, bare riots.
Old 12-06-05, 01:55 PM   #33
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Thats not just one person,

english, australian and pakistni commentators all refer to the team as the pakis when a game is on.

Its acceptable as they know its not used in abusive context.

I watch cricket, and have NEVER heard that term being used....

Commentators have to follow rules, and if a term is politcally incorrect they CANNOT use it....so I have no idea about what you say.

Read this defintion:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paki

Chiefly British Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a person from Pakistan or neighboring countries or for the descendant of such a person.

- No porfessional person could ever use that, without facing the consequences...trust me - as the definition states, it is not used an abbreviated term but rather a disparaging term....

Now let's check up Aussie

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=aussie

Informal

A native or inhabitant of Australia.

Point proven - can't believe I didn't think of doing this earlier
Old 12-06-05, 01:57 PM   #34
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
BNP Stands strong in oldham.

Im an oldham lad, bare riots.

Yeh, fuck the BNP

Just curious, are you black or white?
Old 12-06-05, 01:59 PM   #35
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

White.

Truth is, pakis are takin over in oldham.
Old 12-06-05, 02:04 PM   #36
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
White.

Truth is, pakis are takin over in oldham.

Good, and the fat lazy white bicthes just sit on their asses all day complaining....

So do you support this BNP?
Old 12-06-05, 02:11 PM   #37
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

To a certain extent.

I just dont like the asian community as a whole in oldham.

Individuals are safe, in groups they twats. Whites can be too, but they dont make white no-go areas.
Old 12-06-05, 02:27 PM   #38
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 6D2C 475B

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
oh my god, what fucking dumb argument.

Pakistanis are idiots if they are offended by the term paki. I mean for fucks sake. "You're a paki." ... no matter how its said, if I was from pakistan i'd go, "yeah... I am... what about it?"

It WOULD be offensive, however, if someone were to say "those fuckin pakis are always terrorists" or "Yeah he stole a TV, but what do you expect from a paki." But that in no way makes the term paki a racist term. Its just a way to refer to pakistanis. What is racist is the surrounding clauses.

true i'm not offended by the word because i can't relate to being called that

but we are far from terrorists i get that word a lot around here even though Pakistan has helped out America they just killed one of Al-qaida's leaders

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind
Send a message via AIM to M.C. Streak   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 04:46 PM   #39
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: B611 E341

Quote:
To a certain extent.

I just dont like the asian community as a whole in oldham.

Individuals are safe, in groups they twats. Whites can be too, but they dont make white no-go areas.

Still, you really think BNP is the answer? Do you know how corrupted they are in their views?

The arguments that these racists thugs in suits make actually hold no basis, they distort the truth and twist it in a way so that people like you are mislead - They are not only against Asians, but even blacks and all these other 'foreigners' basically 'non-whites'....

Stop these motherfuckers, http://www.stopthebnp.org.uk/

Blaming the other ethnic group is the easy way out...I am sure in your area, whites blame asians and asians blame whites - really, both groups are responsible for the tension and what goes on...supporting the BNP will only make matters worse, it will solve no problems....
Old 12-06-05, 04:49 PM   #40
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
true i'm not offended by the word because i can't relate to being called that

but we are far from terrorists i get that word a lot around here even though Pakistan has helped out America they just killed one of Al-qaida's leaders

Just curious, is Paki used as an insult and deragotory term in the U.S?

It is chiefly a British offensive slang, used here, so I would not be surprised if it does not hold the same meaning over there
Old 12-06-05, 05:27 PM   #41
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicKnife
No you are wrong...

Youre are an idiot for not understanding the way this word was used - ONLY people who wanted to insult Pakistanis, and try to look down upon them used Paki...and this is still the case today, so why should Pakistanis accept a term that is used to insult them?

No it is not a way to refer to Pakistanis - hardly anyone but racist bigots use that word in the U.K, and because of that if you said it in front of a Pakistani, they would think you are insulting them...................SIMPLY BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THE TERM IS USED...understand? So how can you blame them....?

Come to the U.K, it is easy to type sitting near your computer and approaching everything idealistically, completely ignoring the reality...ask a Pakistani here if they like this term....and if you really feel in the mood, go to a place where a group of Pakistanis are out and about, just call them it, and see what happens.......

If its just a way to refer to Pakistanis then why is it, only racist motherfuckers supporting the BNP use it? Unfortunately, this word was initially embraced by the racist motherfuckers, and they used it to their advantage so to offend Pakistanis...so fuck you, I'm not accepting it...and I don't like the tone of your post, so don't complain about what you get in return...

Nah not really... not "ONLY people who want to insult pakistanis" use the word. In america and australia, its used almost always to refer to them as a race.

And to what you said, the racist guys that use it are dumbasses. Shit. Fancy trying to insult someone by calling them the race that they are... fuckin good one. And the pakistanis, it seems to me like they are either all trying to pull the race card that never fails, or they are ashamed of being who they are.
Old 12-06-05, 05:34 PM   #42
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

co-sign .
Old 12-06-05, 05:50 PM   #44
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
Nah not really... not "ONLY people who want to insult pakistanis" use the word. In america and australia, its used almost always to refer to them as a race.

And to what you said, the racist guys that use it are dumbasses. Shit. Fancy trying to insult someone by calling them the race that they are... fuckin good one. And the pakistanis, it seems to me like they are either all trying to pull the race card that never fails, or they are ashamed of being who they are.

Ok, so that is America and Australia......if I agree with you - Do not take my words out of context, if you cared to read the rest I came to mention the specific place of U.K, which is what I was directly referring to....I am from the U.K and so is Daubs - I have specifically mentioned the U.K in many places, and as my post to sonic shows I have no idea if that word is insulting in America....

But if that is your strongest reply, then fuck, you might as well not have posted....

Racist guys are always dumbasses.....you try and act like Paki was all happily used when it first came into to being in the U.K, but no, it was from the word go used by racists because they could not bear to be respectful enough to refer to Pakistanis as Pakistanis...hence they gave the word a negative meaning, used it as an insult and disparaging term...this is what you need to understand, this is the U.K...

If a word has been associated to describe you negatively and insult you, and was not introduced by you, then why should you have to accept it?

Why should you have to accept a word that has such a meaning behind it? The answer is, you should not....

And finally read up in the dictionary...

It is an offensive slang in the U.K, and if you are not sure what an offensive slang is, nigger falls in the same category....
Old 12-06-05, 06:01 PM   #45
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicKnife
Ok, so that is America and Australia......if I agree with you - Do not take my words out of context, if you cared to read the rest I came to mention the specific place of U.K, which is what I was directly referring to....I am from the U.K and so is Daubs - I have specifically mentioned the U.K in many places, and as my post to sonic shows I have no idea if that word is insulting in America....

But if that is your strongest reply, then fuck, you might as well not have posted....

Racist guys are always dumbasses.....you try and act like Paki was all happily used when it first came into to being in the U.K, but no, it was from the word go used by racists because they could not bear to be respectful enough to refer to Pakistanis as Pakistanis...hence they gave the word a negative meaning, used it as an insult and disparaging term...this is what you need to understand, this is the U.K...

If a word has been associated to describe you negatively and insult you, and was not introduced by you, then why should you have to accept it?

Why should you have to accept a word that has such a meaning behind it? The answer is, you should not....

And finally read up in the dictionary...

It is an offensive slang in the U.K, and if you are not sure what an offensive slang is, nigger falls in the same category....

It wasnt an argument, just an observation. Im just saying its a stupid thing to be offended by.. the people that used it in a derogatory way are idiots, and pakistanis who were first offended by it are idiots. If I was a racist british dude, i'd call them something that was actually offensive, like sand nigger or "shitskin" because their skin is brown. Its easy to think of better racist terms than paki. Its like japanese getting angry at people calling them japs, or australians getting angry at people calling them aussies.

And dont misunderstand me again, im not trying to make you not get offended by it, im just saying the word and the racial connotations it carries are stupid.

It isnt the same as the word nigger, by the way. Nigger isnt and abbreviation of their races actual name, it is describing the part of them that caused them to be perceived as a lower race, their skin... And theres a huge history behind it.