RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-06, 09:36 PM   #31
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 085D 358C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Slavory ended in the 1850's...

I'm sorry.. Does anyone know any young people trying to get jobs these days that have been working steady since the 1850's?

seriously do you read my posts?

this has already been addressed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayboy
no, nobody alive today was a slave, but the economic and social divide between whites and blacks is a direct RESULT of slavery. thats not even a debatable topic, its a known fact. think about it, your great-grandma came into this country as a SLAVE... that means she has no money, therefore chances are neither is your grandma, or your parents. "no excuse" lmao...

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 07-04-06, 09:39 PM   #32
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

Quote:
Slavory ended in the 1850's...

I'm sorry.. Does anyone know any young people trying to get jobs these days that have been working steady since the 1850's?

slavery ended in the 1850s
but racism never died!
even after wut MLK jr and all the civil rights movements accomplished
to this day there are still people who think blacks are the scum of the earth

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 09:39 PM   #33
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A322 EC1C

Quote:
but...

you pretty much answered your own side of the debate right there in your own post... that IS the problem, its not about a certain number of people that are in poverty, its about the staggering numbers when it comes to percentages that makes the difference... so i dont see how you followed that paragraph up with "this is blatant racism"...

No blay that is complete bullshit.

I'll say it again, there are the same amount of whites in poverty as blacks.

Why should the white statistics get overlooked because of their lighter skin pigment?
Old 07-04-06, 09:40 PM   #34
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Bastard DSR
slavery ended in the 1850s
but racism never died!
even after wut MLK jr and all the civil rights movements accomplished
to this day there are still people who think blacks are the scum of the earth

Often thats for reasons generated these days...

But I wont go into that.
Old 07-04-06, 09:42 PM   #35
Blay'all

Quote:
No blay that is complete bullshit.

I'll say it again, there are the same amount of whites in poverty as blacks.

Why should the white statistics get overlooked because of their lighter skin pigment?

lol, no, but its about percentages...

numbers dont prove anything when it comes to race... obviously, there are gonna be more whites doing EVERYTHING, including being poor, than minorities, because there are more of them!!!!

come on, you gotta think... thats not logical.

Old 07-04-06, 09:43 PM   #36
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Quote:
Often thats for reasons generated these days...

But I wont go into that.

but it all stems from centuries ago
you dont just wake up one morning and decide 'oh i hate blacks" or "o i hate whites" or any other culture or race
it grown and instilled for years
you live around it and it becomes you
so to be honest i dont think it really does stem from things in this day and time
i think what happens today just helps justify racism in some eyes...

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 09:54 PM   #37
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: C4C6 CFF1

When I got out of the army for the first time I had to work two jobs to support my family and my wife had to work one too. I got up at 3:00 AM to go to UPS and load trucks for about 6 something an hour. After that I went home and showered and got ready for work at Ruby Tuesdays. My wife also worked there, but we worked opposite shifts. She also ended up picking up a job at Toys R Us cause we had an unfortunate outing with some hospital bills and when it came time for tax season, we actually did not receive Earned Income Credit because they said we made about $100 more than was allowed.

The purpose of me telling you that is that we had no help. We went out and busted our asses working measly jobs to put food on our tables and clothes on our backs. We didn't have many luxuries. I actually haven't bought a new piece of clothing for myself in over a year or two.....and that includes shoes. Basically, if we could do it with no help and working shitty jobs for little to no money, how come all these minorities need help? It sucks being a white man in America today. I am expected to have come from a wealthy family, but my mom also had to struggle to make ends meet. She was a single deaf mother just trying to live. Did she get help? Nope.

This is just a bunch of random thoughts put together, but some of you people piss me off with how oppressed you claim to be.

And if you're so bad off......join the army

Free Medical
Free Dental
Free Shelter
Free Food
Free College
Free 30 days paid leave per year

and that's just some of the benefits....lol
Old 07-04-06, 10:26 PM   #38
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

^there are always exceptions
but it still doesnt change what happened in the past
no matter how many impoverished whites there are... wont change anything

and as far as your struggle enygma...
my parents went through the exact same shit
i personally hope and will try my damndist to not have to go through that
but its part of everyday struggles that shape people to what they are
so you aint tha only 1 man...

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 07-05-06, 01:00 AM   #39
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:

numbers dont prove anything when it comes to race... obviously, there are gonna be more whites doing EVERYTHING, including being poor, than minorities, because there are more of them!!!!

Man.. Dont even try to talk to me about logic when the logic your basing your opinion on is so helplessly flawed...
Old 07-05-06, 03:13 AM   #40
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 94A2 DED2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
When I got out of the army for the first time I had to work two jobs to support my family and my wife had to work one too. I got up at 3:00 AM to go to UPS and load trucks for about 6 something an hour. After that I went home and showered and got ready for work at Ruby Tuesdays. My wife also worked there, but we worked opposite shifts. She also ended up picking up a job at Toys R Us cause we had an unfortunate outing with some hospital bills and when it came time for tax season, we actually did not receive Earned Income Credit because they said we made about $100 more than was allowed.

The purpose of me telling you that is that we had no help. We went out and busted our asses working measly jobs to put food on our tables and clothes on our backs. We didn't have many luxuries. I actually haven't bought a new piece of clothing for myself in over a year or two.....and that includes shoes. Basically, if we could do it with no help and working shitty jobs for little to no money, how come all these minorities need help? It sucks being a white man in America today. I am expected to have come from a wealthy family, but my mom also had to struggle to make ends meet. She was a single deaf mother just trying to live. Did she get help? Nope.

This is just a bunch of random thoughts put together, but some of you people piss me off with how oppressed you claim to be.

And if you're so bad off......join the army

Free Medical
Free Dental
Free Shelter
Free Food
Free College
Free 30 days paid leave per year

and that's just some of the benefits....lol

I respect the fact that you can do it but not everyone can and that's for any race. I know it may seem like it because you did but MOST people would break the fuck down if they lived like that.

I don't sit here saying I'm oppressed when a problem comes about but the fact is racism is still around and in more force than most people would willingly admit. So when I can't get a job OR if it's harder for me because I'm black, the unfairness of the situation leaves me the room to be mad and possibly complain about it, right? Like I said before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
If you were in high school, and about a third of your teachers all gave the people of their race the grade they actually got, and people who were not of their race a lower grade then they actually earned and deserved, is that NOT racist and unfair? No fucking shit anyone can get an A in the end, otherwise it would be blatantly and obviously racism. But you're going to sit here and say, "Well you just work really hard to get an A and it's ok "

That's speaking metaphorically of course but the concept remains the same.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-05-06, 04:17 PM   #41
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Quote:

Dude, nothing you ever say is logical.

Let me break down what Nos was saying in simpler terms;

There is the same number of white people and minorities in poverty. That is correct. Those people are both living in the same shitty ass conditions. . the only difference is some of the guys have a lighter skin pigment. So, based off of that, how do you justify only providing help to the minorities? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE? So, because there are more white people who have been successful in this country, the ones who were not successful should be left to fend for themselves even if they didn't do anything wrong (like the minorities who were born into the life of poverty)?

Dog, nobody is saying support programs shouldn't exist. . but it shouldn't be about race. What's wrong with making it about income per year?

You go on and on about percentages and all of this bullshit, but how can you seriously defend having support groups only for the poor miniories (when the same number of white people are poor too)?

I know that as usual you won't get the point and you'll just repeat the same bullshit over again, so maybe somebody else who didn't fully comprehend what Nos was saying now understands. Blay is a hopeless load of confusion/ignorance/bullshit, so trying to talk to him is pointless.
Old 07-05-06, 04:20 PM   #42
Sik Wit It

IP: 6B35 FA02

Throw salt on crackers, like you...
Old 07-06-06, 01:47 AM   #43
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Saltines ARE bomb ass crackers, so I guess that makes sense.
Old 07-06-06, 02:07 AM   #44
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Dude, nothing you ever say is logical.

Let me break down what Nos was saying in simpler terms;

There is the same number of white people and minorities in poverty. That is correct. Those people are both living in the same shitty ass conditions. . the only difference is some of the guys have a lighter skin pigment. So, based off of that, how do you justify only providing help to the minorities? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE? So, because there are more white people who have been successful in this country, the ones who were not successful should be left to fend for themselves even if they didn't do anything wrong (like the minorities who were born into the life of poverty)?

Dog, nobody is saying support programs shouldn't exist. . but it shouldn't be about race. What's wrong with making it about income per year?

You go on and on about percentages and all of this bullshit, but how can you seriously defend having support groups only for the poor miniories (when the same number of white people are poor too)?

I know that as usual you won't get the point and you'll just repeat the same bullshit over again, so maybe somebody else who didn't fully comprehend what Nos was saying now understands. Blay is a hopeless load of confusion/ignorance/bullshit, so trying to talk to him is pointless.

yes, I am ignorant...

i DO see what you're saying, and there are programs that have focuses on yearly income, such as Affirmative Action, which i'm pretty sure you're against... (its not just race and gender related)...

but the thing is, when we're talking about social issues, sometimes you have to look at the big picture. thats part of the study of politics and public policy, and thats what this debate is over... and the fact is CHANCES ARE, if you are born with a white skin pigment in this country, you are being born into a better situation than the average person with a dark skin pigment... thats just the way things are in this country, and the numbers prove it.

as far as the name calling goes, i'll just ignore it and wait for you to get a little bit older and grow out of that phase...

and see, i didnt argue against Enygma, i respected his post. he didnt try to bring anybody else down, and he made a good point...

Old 07-06-06, 02:08 AM   #45
Valor
A Reflection Of The Past

Text Record: 20-8
IP: 5B45 5310

lol its the millenium.....why do black kids still say its our fault racism still exists its not yr 1960 and under no more fuck eads

cry me a river,build a bridge, and get over it....we now live in freedom so cant we all get along