RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-06, 11:56 PM   #31
Compose

IP: 1DFD D18B

that shit is wack
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-04-06, 11:59 PM   #32
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 5375 4429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drama
Yea but LA is flamboastin' on da major tip playboi, alot of us niggaz wasnt get'n federal but now yall kinda give'n us sum, alot of these niggaz is swiffin though, n it aint koo, im jus sprinkle'n jus G-A-M-E on ya

the fucked up part is that i understand exactly what you're sayin, just not stupid enough to acknowledge you.

i mean, how much fun can one person have posting to essentially nobody.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 12:01 AM   #33
Young Drama
...The Truth...

IP: E96E 7E41

u call it stupid we call it life
Send a message via AIM to Young Drama   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 12:01 AM   #34
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 40D5 78A8

Quote:
Im white?

lol, nigga use a fuck'n mack murderer, mad cuz im saucy

bullshit as niggaz, i no u aint feel'n wat i gotta scribble cuz u aint hyphy nigga

like we really want u no'n wat we scrible'n, its our lingo, so until u make up ya own, get off my chesters

I now understand why Hip Hop is made fun of.
Cuz honestly, I would make fun of it too if I heard people talking like this all the time.

Wait, Hyphy is life? You just said you love the lyricism too. Newsflash my friend, you can't be stupid and smart at the same time. I enjoy going crazy sometimes, but acting stupid all my life? Nah. I want to have some dignity left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 07-05-06, 12:04 AM   #35
Young Drama
...The Truth...

if dats da case, y is a whole coast doin it?
Old 07-05-06, 12:05 AM   #36
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 5375 4429

Quote:
u call it stupid we call it life

slang is your life

that's fuckin sad.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 12:07 AM   #37
Young Drama
...The Truth...

i dunno wat race u r

but atleast 80% has to do wit bein Black, it goes bacc to da '70s wen we had our own slang, n those blacpotation movies such as Shaft n Foxxy Brown

so if ur white i dont c how ucan giv an opinion
Old 07-05-06, 12:11 AM   #38
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 5436 00A0

if you forgot

Oakland = Ebonics.

we did try to legalize it in schools.

Old 07-05-06, 12:12 AM   #39
Young Drama
...The Truth...

IP: 4FC6 8F90

exactly, its all bay area related LA jus picks up on it a lil later
Old 07-05-06, 12:16 AM   #40
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

The word "hyphy" was originally coined by Oakland rapper Keak Da Sneak.[3][4]

"18 Dummy" - Getting dumb by drinking Jose Cuervo 1800 Tequila, also known as "Dummy Juice." also, yellow (or "short") busses popularized by hyphy music (specifically Oakland artist Mistah F.A.B.) most commonly are equipped with 18 seats.
"Dummy Gone" - A mixture of Patron tequila and Hyphy Juice (a popular grape and green apple fusion energy drink which is highly popular in the Bay Area). The combination equates to a sense of euphoria from getting dumb and gone (as in inebriated), hence the name.
"Flamboasting" - All manner of showing off.
"Gas-brake dippin'" - Driving while quickly alternating between stomping on the gas and the brake. Also known as "Yokin'".
"Ghostride the whip" - Driver walks alongside slow-rolling car with the door open, giving the appearance that the car is driving itself. Passengers ride with all the doors open and sometimes leap out of the moving cars, sometimes sitting atop the hood.
"Giggin'" - Dancing wildly.
"Going or getting dumb/stupid/ignorant/retarded/hyphy/yellow bus" - is the main concept, which means having a good time while ignoring society's negative opinion of "uncivilized" behavior.
"Gouda" - (Goo-dah) Referring to Cheddar, Cheese, The Duckets, Skrilla, Benjamin's, Grip, Greenbacks, Cash-Money, or most widely known as the US Dollar.
"Hyphy train" - A wild, mobile party with a long line of cars with all the doors open, in which occupants ghost-ride, flambost, dance on the hood and roof, and otherwise get hyphy.
"Scrapers" - Vintage four-door American sedans with whistling pipes, oversize spinning rims and a powerful stereo system. They hang low in the back and send off sparks when one is "gas-brake dippin".
"Scrape/Swang" - Turning a sideshow/sydeshow.
"Slapper/Slumper" - A song with particularly loud bass and/or Hyphy connotations.
"Stunna shades" - Oversized dark glasses that help accessorize the sagging jeans, white T-shirts and dreadlocks that are part of hyphy fashion. Unusual looking glasses that people wear when they go hyphy. "Stunnas" are frequently aviator style glasses, but often more elaborate or attention getting.
"Stunting" - Turning donuts, figure eights and other car tricks. Allen Gordon, former editor of Rap Pages magazine, says, "If you can spell out your name in tire tracks in the street — you're the man."
"Thizz" - Street slang for Ecstasy pills, popularized by the late Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks. Thizz is also the name of Mac Dre's record label.[5]
"Thizz Face" - Coined by Mac Dre to describe a "look on your face like you smell some piss". Originated from the face that one makes when putting an Ecstasy pill in one's mouth, due to the bitter taste. The term and facial expression have been appropriated to mean several other feelings and situations.
"Thizzle Dance" - A dance associated with Mac Dre's song by the same name, the thizzle dance (thizz dance, thizzing, closely related to going dumb) involves wearing a strange facial expression and waving one's arms and legs in a bizarre or unusual-looking way. "Thizzing" is also associated with shaking one's dreadlocks, getting on the ground, or imitating animals.
"Yadadameen/Yadadamsayin?" - A phrase popularized by Keak Da Sneak meaning "Do you know what I mean?" and "Do you know what I am saying?" The 'dada' usually signifies rolling the letter 'R', however, for effect and for people who cannot roll their 'R's, the informal 'didi' (pronounced did-I) is appropriate.
"Yadadaholla" - A phrase used by (Mac Dre) Andre Hicks similar to Yadadameen "Do you know what I hollar?"
"Yay Area" - The Bay Area of California.
This is merely an introduction to the slang associated with the hyphy movement.

Old 07-05-06, 12:17 AM   #41
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

Hyphy (pronounced high-fee; IPA: [ˈhaɪfiː]]) is a style of music and dance associated with San Francisco Bay Area hip hop culture. It began to emerge in early 2000 as a response from Bay Area rappers against commercial hip hop for not acknowledging the Bay for setting trends in the hip hop industry.[1] Although the "hyphy movement" has just recently seen light in mainstream America, it has been a long standing and evolving culture in the Bay Area. The term is a combination of the words "hype" and "fly".[2]

It is distinguished by gritty, pounding rhythms, and in this sense can be associated with the Bay as crunk music is to the South. An individual is said to "get hyphy" when they act or dance in an overstated and ridiculous manner. Many in the Bay Area would describe this as acting "Retarded", "Riding The Yellow Bus", "Stupid" or "Going Dumb".

Old 07-05-06, 12:17 AM   #42
Young Drama
...The Truth...

wikipedia is my life...........................
Old 07-05-06, 12:40 AM   #43
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

So basically you guys just act dumb, and anally rape the shit out of the english language.

Sounds like... fun? :/
Old 07-05-06, 12:43 AM   #44
Young Drama
...The Truth...

yea

but ur white u wuldnt no about have'n ur own swagger our style, ever black person is born wit dat into them, have'n a style of their own n a sense of pride of who u r

u wuld never understand
Old 07-05-06, 12:47 AM   #45
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 0825 899A

This is why black people are considered dumb and ignorant in america along with rap and hip-hop.I understand slang and all but yall are getting it from a dopehead that just makes the shit up and puts no thought into it. Even though its not the best thing but being a follower is alright....just dont follow something thats stupid. What the in my eyes is just an excuse why the Westcoast aint doing their thang lyricly anymore so they have to make some somebullshit ass "Movement" to cover up what they really got for music. The Westcoast fell off of the top and is now brushin the floor of hip-hop with stupidity and ignorance. Mad Respect for the west but no Respect for the hyphy.

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote