RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-07, 09:53 PM   #31
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FEFC E273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
So that would mean you're going off what someone told you rather than believing what you believe in. Again Teru why should someone believe a mere man over someone who created the universe?

I WANNA be a big bang, gotta be
Never BOTTLE ME UP IN A probably, I wanna see a Yes sir, sir
YES SIR!
Armed with a tone, cross, sword to the bone
Warn the other brothers that was born forlorn
Big bang, SHOVEL IN A BIG DIG
HUDDLED IN A tunnel of big dreams I think big things
I'ma burn with this little light of mind
and a prime concern to earn thanks, I'ma be a big bang
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 09:55 PM   #32
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

post in the council >:0
Old 06-13-07, 10:01 PM   #33
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

okie dokie
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 10:21 PM   #34
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

Quote:
So that would mean you're going off what someone told you rather than believing what you believe in. Again Teru why should someone believe a mere man over someone who created the universe?

No, it's more like he told me things to look out for, and then I started noticing them myself.

S'like he said the sky is blue, I looked up for a while and said, "Hey, it IS blue." while you had someone say the sky is blue and believed them without really looking into it.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-13-07, 10:35 PM   #35
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

word i don't know exactly how past tense came to his beliefs, but you just got to read read and read, not just the bible but look into all religons, and then start formulating your own thoughts. Then talk with other people becuase you may interpret something differently then someone else ect. I don't mean to be telling you what to do for all i know you did look at the entire spectrum. But i still am formulating my own shit, but listening to teru's, soc's and other peoples thoughts on things can make me give things a second look and see it from not only my persepective but from other peoples.

but the topic of this thread, its a nice offer and if you really want to do it then it doesn't matter what we say. go to iraq and preach. i would personally rather go to iraq and tell jokes becuase if i was a solider i would rather hear something light and comical to take my mind of the situation at hand so in your sermon throw in some nice one liners and take some video of your sermon im curious as to what your going to say
Old 06-14-07, 12:23 AM   #36
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 2B02 4E7F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
No, it's more like he told me things to look out for, and then I started noticing them myself.

S'like he said the sky is blue, I looked up for a while and said, "Hey, it IS blue." while you had someone say the sky is blue and believed them without really looking into it.

This is the thing that annoys me. I really don't care what you believe. But just because his beliefs don't really go with what yours are doesn't mean that he hasn't looked into it himself.

If he believes what he believes so strongly, then I'm pretty sure he had to take some time to search for himself. Not just "listen to what other people say", like you're assuming.

I see you're trying to tell him to really look into whatever it is that he believes, but don't barge in his thread and assume that he was spoon fed everything just because it differs from your beliefs.
Old 06-14-07, 01:45 AM   #37
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Quote:

There is an old saying that goes "_____ is like a finger pointing at the moon. Don't mistake the finger for the moon." The blank is whatever, could be God, Religion, enlightenment, whatever.

The bible, religion, priests, religious institutions, they are all the finger. The moon is the real meaning of all of that shit, the moon is God. All I'm saying is people often make the mistake of suckling on the end of the finger for comfort instead of taking notice of where it's pointing, and taking a good look at the moon.

You have really, really good ideas, but I don't see why you don't follow through with them. By all means, believe the one that created the universe, but don't stop there! Do you think God is a being that created the universe and just sat back and watched it from then on? It goes deeper than that, God IS everything, everywhere, there isn't anything at all that isn't God. The bible was written by men as well, God did NOT write the bible and you know that. Do you trust every single person that ever existed wholeheartedly? I'm sure I've said this before, but not everybody in a position of power for the last 2000 years has been a kind-hearted person interested in spreading the true teachings of Jesus. People are selfish, completely and utterly selfish. I do not doubt for one second that the bible has been altered in some way, or that religious practice has developed in the wrong direction.

Take for example the middle ages, people couldn't read. Religious leaders told them that they would be saved from going to hell if they did what they were told and gave a certain amount of money to the church. Apparently doing that was the will of God. I know you don't agree with shit like that, but it happens, it could still be happening.

That's why I am saying don't trust men, right now you are trusting the words of men, religion is run by men. I'm not telling you to do everything I say or believe what I believe, I'm telling you NOT to trust people like you have been. Don't believe mere men, that is too right. Why is it you can question the words of this man, but not others?

Please, DON'T believe what I am saying. It would be stupid to take my word over anybody elses, like you said. What I am asking you to do is not believe me, but listen to me. Take into account what I am saying, consider it, look for yourself, find out if what I'm saying is true in whatever way you can. If you do that, move onto everything else.

The only one you can really trust is God. How can you get in touch with that elusive character? Actually, there is a better question. What can you do that would not be in touch with that force known as God? You won't be able to think of a single thing..
Old 06-14-07, 02:46 AM   #38
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BB78 D6B4

I am going to go. I don't plan on preaching a sermon about "going to hell" thats not what I'm about. I wish I had my testimony on tape so you could see what I'm about. I'm just trying to get back to how I was a few months ago. I feel empty NOT living the life I know God wants me to lead. This is HOW I FEEL not how someone else feels. I tried taking you're advice. Honestly I tried finding it in other things. I just became more empty. I feel fulfilled and I have hope when I'm living a Godly life. Things just don't seem to matter as much.

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-14-07, 02:50 AM   #39
Past Tense

If I was to describe how i'm doing

it would be in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJPkjxyqPDc

Implicit will know this song

Old 06-14-07, 04:16 AM   #40
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 2B02 4E7F

oh snap! i didnt even know he had a video for this

but honestly this song is so deep and true..crazy twist at the end
Old 06-14-07, 10:51 PM   #41
Past Tense

Video just came out. This is my favorite joint right now. Lecrae is ill.

Old 06-15-07, 12:28 AM   #42
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
This is the thing that annoys me. I really don't care what you believe. But just because his beliefs don't really go with what yours are doesn't mean that he hasn't looked into it himself.

If he believes what he believes so strongly, then I'm pretty sure he had to take some time to search for himself. Not just "listen to what other people say", like you're assuming.

I see you're trying to tell him to really look into whatever it is that he believes, but don't barge in his thread and assume that he was spoon fed everything just because it differs from your beliefs.

Honestly, I defended by attacking which, you're right, wasn't fair.

So Past Tense, I'm sorry for what I said about you, but I stand by what I said about myself.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!