RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-05, 09:07 PM   #31
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 7777 52CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
Dictionary contains definitions that people have made...how do we know that the words didn't mean something completely different? You are guessing as well. Do you have solid evidence that there is no God? No. Do you have solid evidence proving without a shadow of a doubt that there is a God? No. Nothing is for sure, there are always little factors that can change something.

And the Bible contains words that people have made. Matter fact, it's the SAME words. ALL those words have definitions, coincidentially, all listed in Dictionaries. You make it sound liek it's a completely differnet language, when its in English. Definitions don't change. The same word today meant the same thing 100 years ago, slang excluded. If there's an alternate definition, it's listed in the dictionary as well. You almost make it sound liek the average person isn't smart enough to interpret theor own native tongue.

And "without a shadow of a doubt" is IMPOSSIBLE to someone who's already convinced that anything other than their views of their religion is correct and the only way. If you wanted to know something , you'd ask. You wouldn't proclaim, so to say you have a geenuine interest to see an alternate view is false.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 09:11 PM   #32
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
How do you know what to believe?

Lets see.. this thread discusses God in the Bible and refferences to his points of view so that we all have one common ground to communicate on and see points of one person or another person's POV. We already acknowledging that god exists, and I'll even say that his comments are in the Bible, yet you're talkign about god is in time and the universe and all this other shit that's got jack to do with shit. We're talking about a collection of information we commonly accept and use as the medium for our points of view. You're talking about your theory and your frame of mind about this and that and all this other shit. This takes nothing away from your "essay", it's just irrelevant to this. If you believe god is "out there" and you want to represent that in time and space and what not - fine. That's your theory and your opinion. I'll make a note of it.

Its fine dude..

You continue living in your own little Idaho where a thread questioning the existance of god is not relevant to a post explaining the existance of god..

hey! I got an idea... Why dont you actually read my post before you make assumptions....

Infact........nah... That would be too logical....
Old 11-28-05, 09:18 PM   #33
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Its fine dude..

You continue living in your own little Idaho where a thread questioning the existance of god is not relevant to a post explaining the existance of god..

hey! I got an idea... Why dont you actually read my post before you make assumptions....

Infact........nah... That would be too logical....

It's a GUESS! a "theory" is just a guess!! You haven't "explained" anything other than your theory. That's not factual, it's just a hypthothesis, an assumtion, a run of the imagination, so why would we discuss it? You don't know if it's right and can't prove if it's correct (which is why it's called a Theory and not a Fact), so why discuss it? Like I said man, if you want a mrettit badge for an essay of a theory in a thread where we're not talking about "Theory" we're quoting, you're barking up the wrong tree.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 09:20 PM   #34
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 0E52 D4CE

You are questioning whether I look at both sides?

I know why you question Christianity, because there is so no solid evidence except for a book on if it is true.

Period. You can make up anything else you say, but that reason is why you don't believe it. Also, no it doesn't mean the same thing. Things change, meanings change, and the way people think change. Also, it is a different language. It is called Latin. I have studied a little of it, and if you study any language you know that there are some words in that language that cannot be translated into an English word.

For the intelligence comment, why do you think we have English classes?

Also, you contradicted yourself in the last paragraph. Only, you are convinced that anything you believe is correct, and no one else is right. So really I guess the debate is pointless, because you aren't even going to think that I could be right, where as I consider it, but in the end I still believe in God. Do you even think about other possibilities, or do you just read the paragraphs and try to think of how I'm wrong and not how I might be right?

And when I said next, I was meaning let's move on to the next topic. You just didn't move on so I assumed we weren't going off the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 11-28-05, 09:24 PM   #35
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

Quote:
How do you know what to believe?

Some of it was passed down, and said in everyday life like dont kill people steal etc. bullshit like that, I just believe if you truly have a good heart god will know this and that will in the end get you into heaven, you dont have to be perfect or follow the bible word for word to show your faith, like Rev said its just like my judgement I believe thats what it is, just because some old guy at the vatican says this is what were supposed to believe doesnt mean ill believe it =/, im not even a christian, i wasnt baptised, i just believe in Jesus cuz it was passed down like that essentially, and I dont feel like spending time studying other religions when I think theyre all the same, whether you believe in buddha, jesus, whatever as long as you're a good person you'll live a good afterlife, thats what I think...=/
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 11-28-05, 09:27 PM   #36
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Ughh thats it..

I'm not even gonna keep arguing... Dooms I hate to say it, but you are ignorant as fuck bro... And merit points?

Dont let your head grow too big.... I was looking for atleast SOME decent conversation about the existance of god (which is what this thread is about)..

All I got was ignorance and refusals to read what I had to say on this topic.... In future I'll now know exactly what to expect when replying to one of your threads.
Old 11-28-05, 09:41 PM   #37
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Ughh thats it..

I'm not even gonna keep arguing... Dooms I hate to say it, but you are ignorant as fuck bro... And merit points?

Dont let your head grow too big.... I was looking for atleast SOME decent conversation about the existance of god (which is what this thread is about)..

All I got was ignorance and refusals to read what I had to say on this topic.... In future I'll now know exactly what to expect when replying to one of your threads.

Fair nuff. You can cry your self to sleep over the emotional damage, then realize that you're saying God exists and so have I and so's everyone else in this thread, so WTF is the problem? What could you possibly be trying to convince everyone in this thread of when we all agree that he exists? Damn son, stop being such a cry baby, wipe the tears from your eyes, and READ.

Quote:
You are questioning whether I look at both sides?

1: I know why you question Christianity, because there is so no solid evidence except for a book on if it is true.

Period. You can make up anything else you say, but that reason is why you don't believe it. 2: Also, no it doesn't mean the same thing. Things change, meanings change, and the way people think change. Also, it is a different language. It is called Latin. I have studied a little of it, and if you study any language you know that there are some words in that language that cannot be translated into an English word.

For the intelligence comment, why do you think we have English classes?

3: Also, you contradicted yourself in the last paragraph. Only, you are convinced that anything you believe is correct, and no one else is right. So really I guess the debate is pointless, because you aren't even going to think that I could be right, where as I consider it, but in the end I still believe in God. Do you even think about other possibilities, or do you just read the paragraphs and try to think of how I'm wrong and not how I might be right?

And when I said next, I was meaning let's move on to the next topic. You just didn't move on so I assumed we weren't going off the subject.

1: that's half the reason. The other half is that evidence points AGAINST the participation of a God helping ANYBODY. Statistically, people who pray stand the identical chance of healing/recovering or overcoming any obstacle as a person who dosen't pray, and you can excercize this right in the comfort of your own home right where you're sitting.

2: Nope. "The Bible" we've been reffering into and out of this entire time isn't written in Latin my friend, it's written in Olde English, which is an offshoot of the english that magistrates royalty, etc at the time spoke, and used throught the King James editions of the Bible. Not Latin. That's an entire DIFFERENT bible that not one of us here has quoted or even discussed since, so where are you getitng this from? I notice every time I ask "where are you getting this from" you don't ever reply. Why?

3: I take everything you said into consideration, since I'm ASKING QUESTIONS. Just that none of it is convincing since there are no facts. Most of your rebuttals are based on "maybe" and "I believe", when I'm trying to ask about facts you can prove. If you cna't prove it, I won't believe it, and that's all there is to it. Not accepting hearsay in the face of a complete lack evidence makes me ignorant?? I thought that gave me "logic". The same logic one uses to decypher truth from a lie. But if that's "ignorance" lmao, ok, I'm ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Some of it was passed down, and said in everyday life like dont kill people steal etc. bullshit like that, I just believe if you truly have a good heart god will know this and that will in the end get you into heaven, you dont have to be perfect or follow the bible word for word to show your faith, like Rev said its just like my judgement I believe thats what it is, just because some old guy at the vatican says this is what were supposed to believe doesnt mean ill believe it =/, im not even a christian, i wasnt baptised, i just believe in Jesus cuz it was passed down like that essentially, and I dont feel like spending time studying other religions when I think theyre all the same, whether you believe in buddha, jesus, whatever as long as you're a good person you'll live a good afterlife, thats what I think...=/

dosen't the bible say that God is a vengeful God? Didn't he smite 2 cities back to back and unlease a series of plagues? That sounds liek someone who's really not kidding when they tell you to do or not do something. I'm not saying you're dumb or anything, I'm asking how it is that you came to that belief when there's so much evidence to the contrary?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 11-28-05 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-28-05, 09:45 PM   #38
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Well, Christianity is a belief, what do you expect?

Again, you are wrong. I have been in a Lutheran school for 7 years, I've studied the Bible and it's history more then you have. The Bible was written in Latin, that is how Martin Luther got involved. Research it man, the first Bible was translated from Latin to German. Do you really want to get into the history?

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 09:48 PM   #39
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Well, Christianity is a belief, what do you expect?

Again, you are wrong. I have been in a Lutheran school for 7 years, I've studied the Bible and it's history more then you have. The Bible was written in Latin, that is how Martin Luther got involved. Research it man, the first Bible was translated from Latin to German. Do you really want to get into the history?

That's nice, but that's not what I said. Here it is again:

Quote:
"The Bible" we've been reffering into and out of this entire time isn't written in Latin my friend, it's written in Olde English, which is an offshoot of the english that magistrates royalty, etc at the time spoke, and used throught the King James editions of the Bible. Not Latin. That's an entire DIFFERENT bible that not one of us here has quoted or even discussed since, so where are you getitng this from? I notice every time I ask "where are you getting this from" you don't ever reply. Why?

I didn't see you quote any bible passage in latin at all, and I know I didn't, so where are you getting this? Oh yeah.. I notice every time I ask "where are you getting this from" you don't ever reply. Why?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-28-05, 09:53 PM   #40
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Fair nuff. You can cry your self to sleep over the emotional damage, then realize that you're saying God exists and so have I and so's everyone else in this thread, so WTF is the problem? What could you possibly be trying to convince everyone in this thread of when we all agree that he exists? Damn son, stop being such a cry baby, wipe the tears from your eyes, and READ.

Listen smartass..

Quote:
over thread inspired by my track about the lack of presence of a "God". I know there is no god

Boom..
Why dont YOU read?
I post because your entire view of god is naieve. You act as though he should be some little man that sends a lightning bolt down to strike people who are doing something wrong...

Dooms, you often have your facts straight. But you arnt much of a thinker.

Thats your downfall.
Old 11-28-05, 09:56 PM   #41
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Every post? I don't see you saying where I get this from in the last one directed towards me.

Also, The Bible is The Bible. How is it not quoted? King James is just a different wording, however the basic concept is still there. I'm gonna put it this way to you Dooms, if you will not trust something that's fine, but do not say that evidence says there is no God. It goes back and forth man. It's about what you feel in your heart and how willing you are to trust.

Also, the chance of someone recovering is sometimes the same ONCE SICK OR HURT, but I have avoided quite a few (more than 5) incidents where I could have died, or been seriously injured but something has made it possible that I come out unscathed. My life has been good, not many injuries or loss. Maybe it's because I pray, maybe it's just luck. Honestly, I believe that God looks out for me. Whether he does for you remains to be seen, just know that trying to convince people there is no God is something that you should do with caution.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 10:12 PM   #42
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Every post? I don't see you saying where I get this from in the last one directed towards me.

What are you talking about? Go quote me where I said "I say this in every post" and I guarantee you can't come back with it. Once again, THIS is my quote: "I notice every time I ask "where are you getting this from" you don't ever reply. Why? <--you still haven't answered it BTW, you keep changing the subject.

Quote:
Also, The Bible is The Bible. How is it not quoted? King James is just a different wording, however the basic concept is still there. I'm gonna put it this way to you Dooms, if you will not trust something that's fine, but do not say that evidence says there is no God. It goes back and forth man. It's about what you feel in your heart and how willing you are to trust.

This "differnet wording" is called a "translation". The version of the bible we'vbe been talking about the entire time is in English. Youre talkign about peoples inability to speak ENGLISH. Ther's not one quote from the bible here that's in Latin - and if there is, why don't you link me to it, so I may see the light. And once again, statistical evidence proves there is no god acting here to save you. Not that there is no God. stop selectively reading.

Quote:
Also, the chance of someone recovering is sometimes the same ONCE SICK OR HURT, but I have avoided quite a few (more than 5) incidents where I could have died, or been seriously injured but something has made it possible that I come out unscathed. My life has been good, not many injuries or loss. Maybe it's because I pray, maybe it's just luck. Honestly, I believe that God looks out for me. Whether he does for you remains to be seen, just know that trying to convince people there is no God is something that you should do with caution.

I understand you believe that. Once again, statistically, it makes no difference if you pray or don't pray. And for the umteenth time, I'm not saying there is no God. I'm saying there is not God PRESENT. Lemme say it again...

And for the umteenth time, I'm not saying there is no God, nor have I ever. I'm saying there is not "God" PRESENT, doing anything to save anyone from anything anywhere.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-28-05, 10:16 PM   #43
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

I'm getting it from incidents in my life and what I believe to be true. I get it from thin air. How's that? Cuz saying I believe the Bible doesn't make any difference.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 11:17 PM   #44
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 9212 9848

i dont believe in god either

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 11:20 PM   #45
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
I'm getting it from incidents in my life and what I believe to be true. I get it from thin air. How's that? Cuz saying I believe the Bible doesn't make any difference.

Man, I don't understand what the hell you're saying and honestly, I don't think you do either. You haven't answered a single question I've asked you yet, you just fumble on and slide around on the topic like "the issue" were a friggin sword or something. You obviously HAVE no point that can be proven here or tonight at least. I understand you want to stand your ground on your religion an all that, but you're dodging the truth - You know it and I know it.

With that said, now that you and nos and everyone else in this thread arguing at me about the same thing I'm agreeing with them on, maybe now we can make some progress toward an answer. Is he here?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.