RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-06, 08:12 PM   #31
R.Christensen
Phu Que

IP: 0A3C 4A41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher
True. But I am lazy. I'll try and get a picture though. If not we'll just have to have a standard battle.

And you best be the Champ after next week, or I will be mightily disappointed. I want a rematch with you.

Dont get ur hopes up.
Old 05-20-06, 08:14 PM   #32
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: A6B3 421B

Either one of you...
... I don't care. I only would prefer Mimesis because I have wanted a rematch with him for a while now.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 08:33 PM   #33
John Hensley.
Light Weight

IP: 2029 97B3

well what other gimmicks are there other than pic then, mannn you can get a pic somehow, if not it's no biggie. just give me some other options beside celeb shit.

classick . johnhensley . mets . shakezula . deon . properhops . armz . username

Send a message via AIM to John Hensley.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 08:36 PM   #34
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 4622 249B

As we're talking about wording fuck off loads, howzabout a concept flipping battle? Pre-given words at the start of the battle, both have to flip them the best they can.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 08:37 PM   #35
John Hensley.
Light Weight

yea that's kinda cool.

Old 05-20-06, 09:00 PM   #36
R.Christensen
Phu Que

I've done that a couple times....
Old 05-20-06, 09:02 PM   #37
John Hensley.
Light Weight

and btw, don't pull that usin my pic without postin yours ish please. just try to find one of you so it's at least the same type of battle.

Old 05-20-06, 09:04 PM   #38
R.Christensen
Phu Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hensley.
and btw, don't pull that usin my pic without postin yours ish please. just try to find one of you so it's at least the same type of battle.

Word...

That shit pisses me off more than anything

Someone posting a pic verse... then you coming in and wondering why they didnt just call a pic battle.
Old 05-20-06, 09:52 PM   #39
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hensley.

I won't.

Personally though, I don't see what the big deal is. If somebody puts their picture on the net where it is easily accessible then they should know in a battle.. at some point somebody is going to use it against them.

Its called doing your research on your opponent to find material you can use against them, and a picture is the obvious first choice.

But, if the other dude has never posted a picture on the net before because for some reason they don't want to... or purely because they don't want it used against them in a battle, then I say thats fine to.

But, unless the battle is stated as a picture battle from the get-go a person battling and dropping a verse on somebody's picture is not required to then post one of their own.

I mean, battling ain't about making it an even playing field is it.
If you were to battle some dude on the streets and he comes dressed like a complete ass clown, you wouldn't then be expected to go and dress like a complete ass clown to just to make it fair and shit.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 09:54 PM   #40
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Oh, and word to the concept flipping battle.

Lets just do that, its something I've never done before and it also saves me having to find a decent picture of myself, or taking a new picture of myself just to post up for a battle.
Old 05-20-06, 10:07 PM   #41
R.Christensen
Phu Que

Quote:
I won't.

Personally though, I don't see what the big deal is. If somebody puts their picture on the net where it is easily accessible then they should know in a battle.. at some point somebody is going to use it against them.

Its called doing your research on your opponent to find material you can use against them, and a picture is the obvious first choice.

But, if the other dude has never posted a picture on the net before because for some reason they don't want to... or purely because they don't want it used against them in a battle, then I say thats fine to.

But, unless the battle is stated as a picture battle from the get-go a person battling and dropping a verse on somebody's picture is not required to then post one of their own.

I mean, battling ain't about making it an even playing field is it.
If you were to battle some dude on the streets and he comes dressed like a complete ass clown, you wouldn't then be expected to go and dress like a complete ass clown to just to make it fair and shit.

Its a bitch move without determining it to be a pic battle beforehand. Thats like going to a live battle.... and spitting from behind a curtain when you can see the other guy.
Old 05-20-06, 10:10 PM   #42
King Solo
Skadoosh!

It all depends on the situation I guess.
Old 05-20-06, 11:16 PM   #43
John Hensley.
Light Weight

yeah and the difference is this isn't the streets. and in the streets, you STILL can diss the persons appearance, regardless of what they're wearing. it's an unfair advantage online, just like feeding in verses.

but it's a bitch move because if a person doesn't post a picture up while they diss one, it shows they are too much of a pussy to have the playing field leveled.

it's like, ok i diss his pic, i got about 10 times more material to work with, which either A. shows that you're scared of battling the person regularly, B. you're extremely ugly or C. you need every advantage possible because you know you don't have enough skill to win in a normal battle.

Old 05-20-06, 11:19 PM   #44
John Hensley.
Light Weight

Quote:
Oh, and word to the concept flipping battle.

Lets just do that, its something I've never done before and it also saves me having to find a decent picture of myself, or taking a new picture of myself just to post up for a battle.

yea that's fine with me, i don't really know how it works.

do we just determine a bunch of concepts that we have to use? or does someone give us the concepts and we have to use them in our verse?

Old 05-21-06, 04:00 AM   #45
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1A46 2126

Quote:
Get Kontroverzy in it..... he can get his sisters picture up, because he got her on this site pretending to be his girlfriend once already.

nah that actually was his girl

but she was oogly as fuck on webcam, she only looked decent in that pic, but otherwise she's fucking ugly