RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-08, 11:14 PM   #46
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: D168 6D7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
redneck in mississippi calls a black man a nigger......the black man nods his head, smiles, and says...yes I am.

lol, i don't know what in the fuck black dude from Mississippi YOU'RE talking about, but no black dudes i know from mississippi, or anywhere in the South, would have that reaction.

PS - how's Bargart's been treatin you recently? i had that fried vegetable appetizer one time man... and i admit, at first i was skeptical... but that shit was BANGIN.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 04-15-08, 11:22 PM   #47
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 10F6 659E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
lol, i don't know what in the fuck black dude from Mississippi YOU'RE talking about, but no black dudes i know from mississippi, or anywhere in the South, would have that reaction.

PS - how's Bargart's been treatin you recently? i had that fried vegetable appetizer one time man... and i admit, at first i was skeptical... but that shit was BANGIN.

lmao...that didn't actually happen..it was just an example of someone choosing to interpret an insult as a compliment....and what the fuck is a bargart?

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 12:40 AM   #48
Blay'all

i meant Bogart's... dammit.

Old 04-16-08, 12:41 AM   #49
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
i meant Bogart's... dammit.

lmao...i don't know what the hell you're talkin about bro...is this a food place or what?

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 12:48 AM   #50
Blay'all

^ mothafucka are you not who i think you are? i just noticed that it said Cleveland, Ohio... damn. i think Indeph was talking about the other Rev (graphics dude), not you... and so I was assuming you were him too.

Old 04-16-08, 12:51 AM   #51
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
^ mothafucka are you not who i think you are? i just noticed that it said Cleveland, Ohio... damn. i think Indeph was talking about the other Rev (graphics dude), not you... and so I was assuming you were him too.

oh damn...lmao...maybe im not who you think I am....damn damn damn...

my alias's are In-Vision and Braille...

what are yours?

Old 04-16-08, 12:53 AM   #52
Blay'all

nah, definitely not, lol my bad dawg.

Old 04-16-08, 12:55 AM   #53
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
nah, definitely not, lol my bad dawg.

it's all good...people have just been calling me rev for short....if they wern't so lazy and included the hyphen we could have avoided this confusion...don't blame yourself...blame the public.

Old 04-16-08, 01:00 AM   #54
Lay.
don't try.

Text Record: 13-2
IP: 9244 687A

hahah..this has swayed off topic just a bit.
Old 04-16-08, 03:35 AM   #55
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 8FE0 5A0F

Quote:
that statement is assuming something though... that black people are "niggers."

cmon man, could you try and be a bit more politically correct?

they call themselves niggers, or a slight variation of the word "niggas".. its not my business that they call themselves that, its their business.. but the fact of the matter is, that if someone says the word 'nigger' in this day and age, generally people know what they mean. humans arnt robots bro, at the same time logically understanding its a deeply rooted offensive term that shouldnt be used lightly by anyone outside of a certain non entirly specific group of people, we can still apply a definition to a word within common modern discourse.. even if it isnt entirly politically correct...

well.......on a forum anyway.
Old 04-16-08, 03:39 AM   #56
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
awwww..thankyou you indeph.

pretty sure he meant revelation...
Old 04-16-08, 03:45 AM   #57
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
cmon man, could you try and be a bit more politically correct?

they call themselves niggers, or a slight variation of the word "niggas".. its not my business that they call themselves that, its their business.. but the fact of the matter is, that if someone says the word 'nigger' in this day and age, generally people know what they mean. humans arnt robots bro, at the same time logically understanding its a deeply rooted offensive term that shouldnt be used lightly by anyone outside of a certain non entirly specific group of people, we can still apply a definition to a word within common modern discourse.. even if it isnt entirly politically correct...

well.......on a forum anyway.

^ i hope you were kidding with that first part...

and i agree that it is a word that (for a perfectly good reason) should be understood as a deeply rooted offensive term. i just think that, regardless of whether people know that the individual white person isn't "racist" or not (depending on your definition of that word), they still sound ignorant and stupid saying it... and its not THAT hard of a concept to conceive as to why black people feel comfortable calling each other the word, but don't feel comfortable being called it by whites.

thats all i'm saying.

Old 04-16-08, 03:46 AM   #58
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
pretty sure he meant revelation...

yeah i already pointed that out, lol

Old 04-17-08, 01:11 AM   #59
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
For an anti racist person, you're pretty stereotypical, and I fucking dig it

I said in the post that I was generalizing. I also told you that it's neccecary when talking about things like this. Which I'm sure you already know, but you're trying to find holes in whatever I'm saying to feel better. I know all asian people or even most asian people don't worship white people. I was bringing that up considering the way things operate in America and how "approval" among the "elite" class is achieved.

I say asian people worship white people because its extremly obvious. Nearly every character in every anime show is white. Even video games like the extremly popular game, final fantasy is white. I highly doubt that they're truly proud of their race if their ideal image of beauty is always caucasion. With that same argument black people worship whites. Latin people don't. Latin people I can honestly say are proud of who they are. Black people are about as far away from white as you can get so people like that usually phail at life.

White is to Asian what black is to latin. The world's resources were divided and one set of people got the most of it and one set got the least. And its in this that they relate to eachother.

Now what becomes increasingly obvious about the word nigger is that its not only about the race of the person, but their personality. And personality goes beyond their accent or what music they listen to. Listening to rap or being part of the culture isn't what makes black people okay with certain white people saying nigger. You can tell just by how they say it and how they carry themselves. Most black people can tell from talking to a person if they're a potential nigger guy. Now when some white people say it, like you and Red bull, it almost seems like you're toying around with the word in general. Like you're flaunting your willingness to say the word and hiding behind intellectual advances.

Saying nigger isn't a privledge and a gate open to a secret world of freedom. It's not a "rule" that you have to obey it's just a personal line that has been set by society as a whole for a reason. Crossing this line isn't liberating anyone, you or anyone else. You might be wondering why some black people say nigger. Most black people today say it because they heard other people say it growing up and now it became just something they say. Some black people actually say it as a form of irony because it calls out the elephant in the room with how black people are still looked at in America.

By breaking the ice it makes them feel more confident about it and lets them embrace that pride thats been hiding under that self image. But again, most people just say it because they've heard it from other people. I just find it kinda annoying that the people who ask these questions the most are the ones who don't really want an answer. They just wanna raise questions they assume no one has the answer to so they can break that limitation down. I'm actually stereotyping some more. You're right I'm actually pretty good at this. I'm probably racist. Who knew. Oh thats right, you did.

Last edited by Indeph : 04-17-08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-17-08, 01:19 AM   #60
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

And In Vision is teh coolness.