RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To WIn THe Election
Bush 1 8.33%
Other guy [forgot his name] 6 50.00%
I don't give a damn 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-04, 03:35 PM   #46
Crossword
yawn

IP: 06D4 9403

yo forget what i said before.. I dont want Bush in office... I was messed up for thinking that... But these kids are too stupid to argue with us

do your research.

Send a message via AIM to Crossword Send a message via Yahoo to Crossword   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-04, 03:57 PM   #47
Shadows edge
retired.

Text Record: 20-11
IP: 75F5 BDD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor of Tears
yo forget what i said before.. I dont want Bush in office... I was messed up for thinking that... But these kids are too stupid to argue with us

Nobody who knows anything about politics wants Bush in office.

And Dren: Yes, I know crime will go down when the war on drugs is over, which is why I said it was absurd. It's one of the things I agree with Libertarians about, but that is only because they end up being pretty liberal about social issues, which I am as well. It's on economic issues that I think Libertarians are in error.

wrt to private education, the world is a different place than it was when home schooling was more popular. And frankly, I think you are viewing the past in too nice a light. Private education means that lower class people end up stuck in the lower class, because their parents lack the education to teach the younger generation. Now this isn't so much a problem if you are ok with having agrarian communities continue to be agrarian (although I don't think this is particularly fair...), but when you have inner city ghettos, or Native American reserves, which are probably even worse, it becomes more of an issue. People living in these areas generally lack access to education, and privatizing it would only make this worse.

Of course, the question comes down to what you really think the government should do. I personally feel everyone should have access to a few basic things in life, those being food, shelter, health and education. Privatizing any of these completely doesn't seem too conducive to acheiving this goal, so I oppose it.

(And the politics forum is at www.iidb.org)
Old 05-05-04, 04:15 PM   #48
Gunit101
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-5
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E3CA 7CA2

yeah i would want to vote for john as long as we dont have bush anymore

Old 05-06-04, 09:07 AM   #49
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows edge
Nobody who knows anything about politics wants Bush in office.

(And the politics forum is at www.iidb.org)

thanks, and yea, bush is nasty, at least somebody on collin quinn last night said something reasonable...bush and kerry are the same and they both suck. i was kind of suprised, many don't think that or realize it. but thanks again for the site link.
Old 05-06-04, 02:04 PM   #50
Shadows edge
retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dren
thanks, and yea, bush is nasty, at least somebody on collin quinn last night said something reasonable...bush and kerry are the same and they both suck. i was kind of suprised, many don't think that or realize it. but thanks again for the site link.

Bush and Kerry aren't the same. Yes, they both have similiar problems, but then I think they both err to one side, and you might think they both err on the other. The point is that at least Kerry is not a fucking idiot, and at least he isn't trying to errode each and every liberty we currently have. Perhaps the most important thing is that the next president will most likely be replacing two of the more moderate/liberal supreme court judges, and if Bush has his choice with it, I see this country being fucked for a while. Oh, and Ashcroft has to go.
Old 05-06-04, 02:52 PM   #51
DFrost
Flyweight

yo

IP: 03BD 6ECD

fuck it, bush sucks, don't know shit bout the other guy, nader smokes trees, ima say da otha guy
Old 05-10-04, 11:34 AM   #52
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

kerry and bush are both politicians and both come from wealthy families. They both have very similiar views even though we all know what republicans and democrats are supposed to stand for. don't forget the democrats were for smaller government years ago and the republicans were for more governmen since they stemmed from the whig party.

kerry has changed his views on things several times, this cannot be good. he says we should leave iraq now, but when he gets into office he will change his mind and decide to stay there. kerry will more than likely pass the bills that bush has got started. kerry will increase federal health care spending like bush has. i honestly see little difference between the two.
Old 05-10-04, 05:12 PM   #53
DJ-E
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Thumbs down

IP: C1DA C961

I do not think that kerry or bush should win I think the rev. should win. Kerry is a retard and so is bush. I am all for this war in the middle east but,kerry is aginst weapons vital to the war and all types of body armor.

"My favoite color is red, like the blood shed
from Kurt Cobain's head, when he shot himself dead"

^
Eminem "Cum on everybody"
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-E   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-04, 05:42 PM   #54
Shadows edge
retired.

^ yes.. I heard Kerry recently voted against giving all the troops shiny metal armor. Boo-urns.
Old 05-10-04, 06:54 PM   #55
DJ-E
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: C1DA C961

I mean fuckin bullietproof vest and shit.

"My favoite color is red, like the blood shed
from Kurt Cobain's head, when he shot himself dead"

^
Eminem "Cum on everybody"
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-E   Reply With Quote