RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-05, 05:37 AM   #46
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ECB3 36A0

Alexander Graham Bell invented hip hop, then he invented the phone and called everyone and was like "oh guess what i invented...hip hop"

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 09:11 AM   #47
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 6BC9 4CDE

^:legend:^

been on rv forever

but shit i stand with what i said.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 09:33 AM   #48
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A8D4 8C9F

I only read the first page, 9th degree got it.. Sort of..

Rap itself grew from dudes like kool herc and africa bombaata, etc..
But it depends how you define hip hop..

Its more of an evolution of a style of DJing and MCing at parties..
People used to jus say little rhymes to big note emselfs or to aknowledge other important dudes who come to their parties n shit..

Then it slowly formed into story telling......And it took off in new york and made its way across america.. I think the first gangsta rappers were on the west side.. But rap definatly started in new york.. I mean hip hop is DJing, break dancing, graffiti... Its a big culture.. As far back as whats recorded, kool herc was the first rapper/dj..

But a lot of his shit was more related to reggae.. The style of hip hop we know today is a lot different.. Like I said though, what we have today is an evolution of styles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriclesolja
i Cant believe no one on this site knows this........Africa Bambatta.....its true......Discuss

Wrong.. Africa bombaata came after kool herc..
Old 05-30-05, 09:38 AM   #49
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

If any of you are serious about rapping, you really need to know these sort of things off the top..

You cant be part of a culture if your too ignorant to understand it.
Old 05-30-05, 09:44 AM   #50
Fugg
New to RV

IP: 5947 53BA

Fuck you all. The dude above me got it all.
Old 05-30-05, 10:09 AM   #51
Viva
Cuz I'm Old Skool Baby

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 042E 9E4C

hip hop started in the bronx sumwhere in the 70's, n it didnt have a main colour, i mean it wasnt jus blacks or whites, it was for all the inner ciity workin class kids, they made it cuz they had nuthin else, all these guys like afrika bambatta etc were the first commercial rappers n shit but it was around b4 that.

I'm white so u KNOW i can't rap =)

I will definitely RTF if u leave a link, thanks!
Old 05-30-05, 10:15 AM   #52
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTmus-B
hip hop started in the bronx sumwhere in the 70's, n it didnt have a main colour, i mean it wasnt jus blacks or whites, it was for all the inner ciity workin class kids, they made it cuz they had nuthin else, all these guys like afrika bambatta etc were the first commercial rappers n shit but it was around b4 that.

^Not compleatly the first yeah, but they were still the pioneers of the style and image.. A lot of kids on the street would of learnt from them.
Old 05-30-05, 11:22 AM   #54
DON
Middle Weight

Text Record: 27-11
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1999 62FA

heres how it really happened we had to learn this when i went to my old school cause it was almost all blacks so for a special class they gave us black history and culture:

i duno the guys name but i know he was black and american and from new york, a white dj started mixin old songs to make beats and pretty soon it caught on everywhere and then a black dj was doin it at a party and he started talkin over the beats but he was rhyming tellin them how to do this one dance and then everyone liked it so he did it again at his next gig and kept doin it and other dj's caught on and it blew up and then that one white biker guy started def jam out of his apartment and it went mainstream
Old 05-30-05, 11:32 AM   #55
Wet Willy
.::Outside The Circle::.

Text Record: 4-0
IP: 963B DD50

wow i was way wrong then. In my english class we learned that the first form of rap was actually rhapsody's or like epic poems. Like the Odyssey and the Illiad. So if that is true. I would of thought that rap had been around alot longer then what else is being said in this thread. Like 8450328409832042705720 years ago in greece or some shit.
Old 05-30-05, 11:34 AM   #56
DON
Middle Weight

^nah that was aroudn too im just saying the hiphop we know was formed in the late 70's when they crossed talking and rhyming with a beat. those raps ur talkin about werent meant to b music they were just spoken over an instrument so it made the sotry more interesting
Old 05-30-05, 12:08 PM   #57
Viva
Cuz I'm Old Skool Baby

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 042E 9E4C

yeah, fuck thats rite, if u think of it in those terms raps been around 4 ever, cuz poems were written in rhymin couplets to make them catchy 4 the poet to remember them and for the listeners to stay interested and they added music sumtimes as well for entertainment lol

I'm white so u KNOW i can't rap =)

I will definitely RTF if u leave a link, thanks!
Old 05-30-05, 12:57 PM   #58
NewKid
Home Of Philly

IP: 0F7A 2931

africans dey used 2 make songs runnin away from durr masters da fukk wuld a white person cum up wit hip hop
Send a message via AIM to NewKid   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 01:08 PM   #59
Keith Moon
Thank You, Come Again

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 1C81 276B

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLL as a killers grillĀ®
I only read the first page, 9th degree got it.. Sort of..

Rap itself grew from dudes like kool herc and africa bombaata, etc..
But it depends how you define hip hop..

Its more of an evolution of a style of DJing and MCing at parties..
People used to jus say little rhymes to big note emselfs or to aknowledge other important dudes who come to their parties n shit..

Then it slowly formed into story telling......And it took off in new york and made its way across america.. I think the first gangsta rappers were on the west side.. But rap definatly started in new york.. I mean hip hop is DJing, break dancing, graffiti... Its a big culture.. As far back as whats recorded, kool herc was the first rapper/dj..

But a lot of his shit was more related to reggae.. The style of hip hop we know today is a lot different.. Like I said though, what we have today is an evolution of styles..

Wrong.. Africa bombaata came after kool herc..

Truth..it started off with Kool Herc and other Jamacian DJ's mixing music and spinning records.....
Then they would make their hype shoutouts sound "cool" by making them rhyme....once a culture evolved (hip hop is about freedom of ones self and the expression of that,etc.) They began to write for it w/ Graffiti..like the gangs did in the 60's except instead of tagging " Eight Tray Gansgta's" all over a wall they would get their name out and make dope designs...
.....People began to do the shoutout style of rapping to the break music...which people began to cover with a new style of dancing called bboying, commonly confused as breakdancing.....You can tell its a houtout because they rhyme so slow and listen to the style even in Rapper's Delight...
.....Hip Hop began to evolve and soon there would be bboy battles, Dj's and even a rapper (and maybe rap battles) at Bronx and New York clubs....

It All took off from there....oh yeah the reason for the heavy influence of drums in hip hop is....watch the Discovery channel and see what the Africans ALWAYS play...
Old 05-30-05, 01:14 PM   #60
DON
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKid
africans dey used 2 make songs runnin away from durr masters da fukk wuld a white person cum up wit hip hop

and those songs didnt have a fuckin thign to do with hip hop all they were was songs that told stories bein sung u could find them in every country during that time period the jews who were enslaved for 10 times longer than blacks had the exact same sounding songs that told stories bout runnin away and bein free dont tag it as a strictly black thing