RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-05, 01:53 AM   #46
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

and I gotta side with Ike on this one in general, like a bunch of people were talkin about that Sage Francis dude in a thread a lil white ago... and he uses big words and some dope concepts, but his shit is so annoying, i couldnt stand to even listen to one album all the way through... you can't JUST have lyrics, and that's all Ike was saying.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 11-07-05, 01:55 AM   #47
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 7629 2214

no i actually dont.........im still confused where u got that from?.....i never said talib, common, krs1 didnt have flow wtf....i dunno where u came up with me saying that...

so youd rather listen to a good lyricist...who is COMPLETELY OFF Beat.....has absolutely no flow...presence is shitty....and delivery isnt even there....than a mainstream artist who has bad lyrics?
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 01:56 AM   #48
.Ike.
Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap'10
you can't JUST have lyrics, and that's all Ike was saying.

thank you jesus...someone that understands
Old 11-07-05, 01:59 AM   #49
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 359C 84F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N
Like I originally said "u aren't musically educated enuff to know what tru lyrical talent is"......I will lightly explain jus to see what u come back at me wit cuz I know I'm wasting my time but its sunday night so I'll entertain u for a lil while.....

Now niggas can't make it to ballots to choose leadership
But we can make it to Jacob and to the dealership

I respect the message but u dun get more basic or uninspired then this^^^

Racism still alive they jus be consealin it
^^^this is a joke right?....thats a quoteable to u?

They even made me show I.D to get inside of Sam's club
^^^yea and?.....what is lyrically creative about that?...if he was telling u a story about what happened in his day, he would have said it the exact same way.

It gon take a lot more than coupons to get us saved
Like it take a lot more than do-rags to get your waves

^^^finally u quoted something creative...but quoteable? no...its a very basic metaphor not impressive at all

But i can't complaint what the accident did to my left eye
Cuz look what a accident did to left eye
First Aaliyah and now romeo must die

^^^^again nothing impressive....an again kanye rhyming the same words...an he used a movie title to refer to that kat from steve harvey show dat got popped,...are u kidding me?........this is as good as rap gets your telling me?......No rapper in the history of rap can top lines like this?

I hope you DO understand that a rapper having lyrics isnt sayin huge gigantic words, but actually saying something with meaning.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 01:59 AM   #50
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Text Record: 44-19
Audio Record: 6-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D4CB 508F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap'10
meh, I dunno Trip you might be over-analyzing that shit... I mean what do you expect, that is a dope verse... it REALLY isnt as basic as you make it out to be... I bet if that came from a different rapper you'd have a different opinion, but you've already got an opinion formed of Kanye in your head.

No....acutally I like kanye....but I see him for what he is....he wants to be a great emcee but he wasn't given the talent to be one......he however is a great producer...an he makes music u can bob wit.....but when u start saying he is a great rapper......you are going to far.....an no, I judge every emcee line for line...word for word.....some of rap's tru legends have dropped strait bullshit before....anyone who makes music knows every artist is gon bomb sooner or later but is about what an artist puts out majority of the time....an u go thru kanye's catalog of work an there is nothing great about it aside from the production which isn't always great but is consistently very good to great.....lyrically he isn't unique, deep, creative, or innovative....but until u study the tru legends of rap u will continue to be impressed by him....which is your right....its your ears...an I essentially dun give a fuck what u like..jus dun try to push what u like as GREATNESS until u have actually listened to the ESTABLISHED greats...an not jus the famous ones that sold millions of records...I mean from underground to mainstream...if u haven't heard all the established greats...admit your ignorant on the topic, take a seat an let the knowledgable debate, ok buddy
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 01:59 AM   #51
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
IP: 2108 B767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invektive
no i actually dont.........im still confused where u got that from?.....i never said talib, common, krs1 didnt have flow wtf....i dunno where u came up with me saying that...

so youd rather listen to a good lyricist...who is COMPLETELY OFF Beat.....has absolutely no flow...presence is shitty....and delivery isnt even there....than a mainstream artist who has bad lyrics?

Name one of the Artists that known that lacks all the areas you saying!! Maybe am wrong cuz i took it this way of U loving more of club music instead of Real Lyricism thats why i included Talib etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 11-07-05, 02:00 AM   #52
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
[QUOTE=Will S.Unyu]actually
if you rap
then you're a rapper.[/QUOT

Actually your right.....but judging from your musical taste, you dun know what rap is

and judgin by your posts, you're too dumb to know how to use simple quotes and an edit button.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 11-07-05, 02:01 AM   #53
.Ike.
Ike

no man lol....what i was trying to say with this thread...was...people need to up more than just their lyrics.....to make good music...u need more than lyrics.....you need delivery, flow..etc...

i was saying nothin more, nothin less
Old 11-07-05, 02:02 AM   #54
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 8CE1 8F77

man Triple basically owned most poeple in hear so theres not much to say

but

FUCK KANYE...he got eatne up by that lil black guy with a perm on wilden out
lol yup

and on that note im out
Old 11-07-05, 02:03 AM   #55
Blay'all

Quote:
No....acutally I like kanye....but I see him for what he is....he wants to be a great emcee but he wasn't given the talent to be one......he however is a great producer...an he makes music u can bob wit.....but when u start saying he is a great rapper......you are going to far.....an no, I judge every emcee line for line...word for word.....some of rap's tru legends have dropped strait bullshit before....anyone who makes music knows every artist is gon bomb sooner or later but is about what an artist puts out majority of the time....an u go thru kanye's catalog of work an there is nothing great about it aside from the production which isn't always great but is consistently very good to great.....lyrically he isn't unique, deep, creative, or innovative....but until u study the tru legends of rap u will continue to be impressed by him....which is your right....its your ears...an I essentially dun give a fuck what u like..jus dun try to push what u like as GREATNESS until u have actually listened to the ESTABLISHED greats...an not jus the famous ones that sold millions of records...I mean from underground to mainstream...if u haven't heard all the established greats...admit your ignorant on the topic, take a seat an let the knowledgable debate, ok buddy

I just said that verse wasn't wack like you said it was, I didn't say he's NEVER dropped wack shit. And, I didn't say he was a great rapper either. So, I guess you aren't arguing against me in this post even though you quoted me.

Old 11-07-05, 02:04 AM   #56
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status
man Triple basically owned most poeple in hear so theres not much to say

but

FUCK KANYE...he got eatne up by that lil black guy with a perm on wilden out
lol yup

and on that note im out

man, Kanye dropped the nicest shit that's been on that show.

Old 11-07-05, 02:04 AM   #57
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
I hope you DO understand that a rapper having lyrics isnt sayin huge gigantic words, but actually saying something with meaning.

Quote:
Well...for 1 kanye has ghost & co writers to help him..when you hear kanye repeat the same word to rhyme wit the previous line like camron does..thats when u hearing kanye's tru lyrical capibilities......2....reason people make that arguement is cuz if lyrics didnt matter any jackass could go to barnes & nobles an buy a rhyme book....learn to flow decent an be considered a rapper---->i.e. mike jones.......I agree that flow an delivery is important...but lyrics are equally as important.....kats that use big words alot of times lack substance but provide the illusion of depth cuz people dun understand what they saying, being able to creatively word oridinary occurences in ya life...is a artform.....sayin exactly what u would say in a everyday conversation an putting a rhyme at the end of it....its a dr. seuss book.....if u aint got lyrics u cant rap...do u gotta be the best NO...do u have to have sum ability yes....Kanye west has NONE...Ja rule....BUAWWWWWW..u really wylin....when u write a metaphorless, punchlineless, wordplayless verse your disrespecting hip hop.....so if u jus aren't compabile of writing something that any reg. joe couldn't...."put the mic down so a real talent can use it properly"

Look at the bolded word in my quote an u have ya answer
Old 11-07-05, 02:07 AM   #58
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
and judgin by your posts, you're too dumb to know how to use simple quotes and an edit button.

Yea I know, unfortunately....I never was into conversating much in LL cuz I have people in real life to conversate with, so I didn't have time to master the art of internet chatting like u....but plz teach me the ways of the lifeless.
Old 11-07-05, 02:07 AM   #59
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
Look at the bolded word in my quote an u have ya answer

okay then

he doesnt use gigantic words to make it seem like he's lyrical.
the words he uses are good enough.
because his flow and delivery do a good job itself.
PLUS, his already greta lyrics add even MORE into the mixing pot of dopeness.

Kanye West is the best well rounded rapper out right now.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-05, 02:08 AM   #60
.Ike.
Ike

Quote:
Yea I know, unfortunately....I never was into conversating much in LL cuz I have people in real life to conversate with, so I didn't have time to master the art of internet chatting like u....but plz teach me the ways of the lifeless.

lmao...i actually laughed my ass off at that....shit was funny lol