RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-03, 06:55 AM   #46
COM
Yes I Know

IP: 9B91 D0C6

so how can you say he changed for the charts when ITS OK would have been straight to number 1??
Old 08-20-03, 10:56 AM   #47
MR. LEGEND

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B944 C9DF

Yes he's a fucken geek, and only geeks understand that science fiction shit he be spittin. I think he's very talented on the mic, but we as a people (black), the majority of us don't wanna hear that shit. It's like homework on a beat, the directions say "try to figure out what this niggas actually saying". We rather hear some shit we can relate to. On a majority, we rather hear simple catchy lyrics, and dope beat that ENTERTAINS US! Only backpackers, and advanced hip-hoppers can really appreciate him.
Old 08-20-03, 02:26 PM   #48
Content
Special Ghost To Blow

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 4577 CD9A

canibus isnt even a backpacker...hes in his own lil world
and it should stay that way cause Idont wanna hear
his sit..im pretty fuccin smart but I dont wanna hear
something of his...hes creative in his own way and
talented...but overall he scks and his beats suck...
making it even worse to 'tolerate'
Send a message via ICQ to Content Send a message via AIM to Content Send a message via Yahoo to Content   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 03:21 PM   #49
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 1B3B C284

Quote:
Originally posted by MR. LEGEND
Yes he's a fucken geek, and only geeks understand that science fiction shit he be spittin. I think he's very talented on the mic, but we as a people (black), the majority of us don't wanna hear that shit. It's like homework on a beat, the directions say "try to figure out what this niggas actually saying". We rather hear some shit we can relate to. On a majority, we rather hear simple catchy lyrics, and dope beat that ENTERTAINS US! Only backpackers, and advanced hip-hoppers can really appreciate him.

Your sad.
1. "only geeks understand that science fiction shit"...you are one fucking moron. "Science fiction"? What the fuck?...oh, I guess your referring to his use of words over three syllables.

2. "but we as a people (black), the majority of us don't wanna hear that shit"...damn, way-ta-go black ass, bring your race down some more. Very stereotypical.

3. "Only backpackers, and advanced hip-hoppers can really appreciate him"...Um...once you become a "backpacker" or an "advanced hip hopper" not to many still appreciate Canibus, he's pretty simple.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-03, 03:29 PM   #50
COM
Yes I Know

IP: 9B91 D0C6

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruklor

Your sad.
1. "only geeks understand that science fiction shit"...you are one fucking moron. "Science fiction"? What the fuck?...oh, I guess your referring to his use of words over three syllables.

2. "but we as a people (black), the majority of us don't wanna hear that shit"...damn, way-ta-go black ass, bring your race down some more. Very stereotypical.

3. "Only backpackers, and advanced hip-hoppers can really appreciate him"...Um...once you become a "backpacker" or an "advanced hip hopper" not to many still appreciate Canibus, he's pretty simple.

hell yeah gimme an amen
Old 08-20-03, 07:46 PM   #51
~k-SkAnDaLuZ

AMEN!! And to those who say Bis can't spit real songs, he can write about anything he wants to. He just ain't gonna sellout and simplify his rhymes like some sellouts *cough* Eminem *cough*. Listen to his mixtapes and you'll see. His unreleased tracks are extremely versatile. And listen to "No Return" from the new Rip The Jacker album. Bis can't spit a story?? That track is one of the best story tracks I've heard in my LIFE. He gets REAL vivid with his rhymes, unlike most rappers. And to Mr. Legend, please shut tha fock up before you discredit our race even more. Dumb nigga
Old 08-21-03, 04:04 AM   #52
wogzta

IP: 1829 8F7C

u guys need to stop gettin so angry..... understand that i do accept canibus as a phenomenal lyricist, i just dont lyk him becoz anything he says makes no relevance to anything thats ever happened to me in my life, makin it less enjoyable. and everyone knows his beats are wack
Old 08-22-03, 12:40 AM   #53
~k-SkAnDaLuZ

^ You heard RTJ? Don't you dare say those beats are wack. Download Poet Laureate II or Levitibus and then come back.
Old 08-22-03, 06:10 AM   #54
wogzta

IP: 1829 8F7C

^ a few songs with good beats dont qualify him as a rapper with good beats... compare him to dre and its david and goliath and this time david gets sqaushed
Old 08-22-03, 06:21 AM   #55
DEL the funkee

IP: DB9F 8B2C

Quote:
Originally posted by ~k-SkAnDaLuZ
You heard RTJ? Don't you dare say those beats are wack.

Those beats are wack.
Old 08-23-03, 09:34 PM   #56
Infamous25
Banned For Freeposting in FL

Canibus has a unique ability to put together a verse and or a song you guys must've been to young to understand the full affects of his words.
And Dre on a real level is a hip hop genious his first album was pure thought and skill. his production skills have just made the game change. he creates word structure to show you his abilities as an artist like canibus on many level.
Snoop dogg is just a unique rapper in his own right with is ability to creat a language in which sparks new tongue to the world. his power is used wisely he brings the creativity aspect back to hiphop in the millieum just as it was when hip hop first took form
if you dont understand and respect there skills than you dont understand nor respect hip hop as a whole
Send a message via AIM to Infamous25   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-03, 09:41 PM   #57
Infamous25
Banned For Freeposting in FL

and that it the full truth on the hip hop game canibus isnt a nerrd he is a genious at work
Send a message via AIM to Infamous25   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-03, 10:04 PM   #58
BiZzUrK
Banned AKA Dante

Text Record: 26-3
IP: BEB1 51A8

N-O!
Old 08-23-03, 10:52 PM   #59
~k-SkAnDaLuZ

IP: C1DA C961

Quote:
Originally posted by wogzta
^ a few songs with good beats dont qualify him as a rapper with good beats... compare him to dre and its david and goliath and this time david gets sqaushed

Aight, aight. Let's focus on the beat topic right now. So you're tryin to say that if Tupac's beats were wack, you wouldn't like him??

And don't tell me that beats from 2000 B.C. were wack either. He had the Heatmakers produce some for him on that. And DJ Premier produced some on Micclub. If you heard all his shit, he has more good beats than bad. Saying that his beats are wack is a stupid reason to not like him.

Last edited by ~k-SkAnDaLuZ : 08-23-03 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-23-03, 10:53 PM   #60
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

Quote:
Originally posted by MR. LEGEND

You are one fucking idiot.

Bruklor said it to your dumb ass best.

Just because he uses an advanced vocabulary doesn't mean that he is fucking recording a soundtrack for a Sci-Fi original movie.

"We as a people," who the fuck died and made you spokesman of the African race? This just means that you don't want to hear it because you don't listen to some of the shit that artists actually say and prefer to buy into that gangsta commercial MTV bullshit because it's simple and somehow you are able to relate to it.

I'm not a big fan of Canibus, so I'll use someone else as an example. Of course, Aesop Rock. Now tell me, he talks about working a 9-5 and has a constant wake, work, sleep motif. He also talks about watching TV, chasing dreams, along with other things of reflection. Now, how can you not relate to that? Is it that you never had a dream to pursue, or is it that you don't want to take some time to fucking sit down and actually think?

But I guess you can relate to the gangsta shit, where you smoke 31554685153156 pounds of weed everyday, fuck 35 girls in one night and kill 50 "niggas" with your gatts in drive by's rolling on 20 inch platinum rims while playing a DVD in your tricked out Escalade, as you are going back to the jewelry store because your platinum necklace with your name in diamonds got a fingerprint on it and needs repair.

But maybe I'm just leading a totally different lifestyle of the thinkers.

I don't know.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote