RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-05, 05:35 PM   #61
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Do YOU know him? And why are you pissed at eminem about disrespecting it? C murder said fuck hip hop. Royce da 5/9 said fuck hip hop. And somehow em is killing it? Most of the people on RV was inspired by him anyways. Open YOUR eyes.
Old 11-13-05, 05:35 PM   #62
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskez
LMAO @ thinking Eminem's the best. Have you actually compared his lyrics to say Nas's or Canibus'? They outshine him on every level: vocabulary, multies, imagery, artistic style. I can bring ya examples if ya want.

Also 2Pac had way better delivery, Xzibit's got a way better voice (though that's a matter of taste I guess). Name any aspect of rap, I'll name someone who does it better than Em, hence why he's not the best

Werd...Canibus is better then Em lyrically imo, but Nas aint better lyrically...he just has more hood concepts that relate to more people.

Pac is on my top 3 for his delivery and messages, I cant stand xzibits voice, Bis's voice is way better i love that raw battle shit.

But Em was dope, listen to Infinite that shit is insane lyrically.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 11-13-05, 05:35 PM   #63
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 56B7 42C6

Quote:
LMAO @ thinking Eminem's the best. Have you actually compared his lyrics to say Nas's or Canibus'? They outshine him on every level: vocabulary, multies, imagery, artistic style. I can bring ya examples if ya want.

Also 2Pac had way better delivery, Xzibit's got a way better voice (though that's a matter of taste I guess). Name any aspect of rap, I'll name someone who does it better than Em, hence why he's not the best

Eminem's voice is annoying anyway...you guys probably never knew this but he kind of(note kind of) bit off cage....but im not gonna take away from eminem because jay-z has done it damn jay-z has a little bit of Nasin him when he raps he used to be Nas's biggest fan. but let's stay on topic shall we

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind
Send a message via AIM to M.C. Streak   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-05, 05:38 PM   #64
ConPsy
Light Weight

IP: 5285 DC82

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'Cred
Do YOU know him? And why are you pissed at eminem about disrespecting it? C murder said fuck hip hop. Royce da 5/9 said fuck hip hop. And somehow em is killing it? Most of the people on RV was inspired by him anyways. Open YOUR eyes.

nah..your wrong...

you need to relise.. someoen with that much power in rap shoudl be doing nothign but good for it.

you seem to have all the answers so...
.... Why is it,when he reached the highest pinical he could get to in rap, he didnt make an effort to help rap evolve away from the pathetic mainstream he himself help influence?

Why did he boost the wackness and make the songs he done.
Old 11-13-05, 05:40 PM   #65
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Werd...Canibus is better then Em lyrically imo, but Nas aint better lyrically...he just has more hood concepts that relate to more people.

Pac is on my top 3 for his delivery and messages, I cant stand xzibits voice, Bis's voice is way better i love that raw battle shit.

But Em was dope, listen to Infinite that shit is insane lyrically.

Eminem is more point on multi's and all that technical ish and i htink he is better than canibus lyrically becuase he has spit more that goes down in hip hop history as legendary that's why Nas is way better than eminem your wrong there list some of nas' best quotable, em only has better....punchlines......multis etc. Nas has better constructed verses and go are legendary and essenstial hip hop verses. Not to say eminem doesnt have those just not as ood as his. nas is way ebtter in writing lyrics with the description and all...Eminem's best verses...Lose yourself, Stan, Renegade....Nas's best....anything from illmatic particulary NY state of mind and the world is yours, I Gave You Power seveal songs of stillmati, Undying Love, No Idea's original, Drunk by myself I could go on and on Nas>>>>>>>>Eminem

Old 11-13-05, 05:40 PM   #66
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Why would he do anything like that if people hated on him his whole career. Honestly if it wasn't for white people he wouldn't have been successful. Most of the black dudes here are hating on him to death. Just let him do him. He has his own vision for his music. Theres no reason to hate people who like him.
Old 11-13-05, 05:42 PM   #67
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
Eminem is more point on multi's and all that technical ish and i htink he is better than canibus lyrically becuase he has spit more that goes down in hip hop history as legendary that's why Nas is way better than eminem your wrong there list some of nas' best quotable, em only has better....punchlines......multis etc. Nas has better constructed verses and go are legendary and essenstial hip hop verses. Not to say eminem doesnt have those just not as ood as his. nas is way ebtter in writing lyrics with the description and all...Eminem's best verses...Lose yourself, Stan, Renegade....Nas's best....anything from illmatic particulary NY state of mind and the world is yours, I Gave You Power seveal songs of stillmati, Undying Love, No Idea's original, Drunk by myself I could go on and on Nas>>>>>>>>Eminem

I'm a HUGE nas fan. In different moods I like Nas better. But most of the time I'm more of a em fan. Em is the greatest to me. You're not gonna change that cdus. Just stop sayign I don't know shit because I dont think like you. Hip hops gonna get even more repetitive if you keep slapping limitations on what hip hop is.
Old 11-13-05, 05:46 PM   #68
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'Cred
I'm a HUGE nas fan. In different moods I like Nas better. But most of the time I'm more of a em fan. Em is the greatest to me. You're not gonna change that cdus. Just stop sayign I don't know shit because I dont think like you. Hip hops gonna get even more repetitive if you keep slapping limitations on what hip hop is.

I said you don't know shit once. and it's ok to have an opinion and no im not trying to change your mind or anything like that not to mention I was replying to compose. By the way your question was how is em not the best like he def. is hte best and everyone is the idiot for not agreeing GTFOH

Old 11-13-05, 05:47 PM   #69
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I was tralkin to Cdus. He talkin down on me like I'm some idiot. THats BS.
Old 11-13-05, 05:48 PM   #70
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

By the way your question was how is em not the best like he def. is hte best and everyone is the idiot for not agreeing GTFOH. and BTW you quoted me but were talking cdus i get you.

Old 11-13-05, 05:48 PM   #71
Compose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdusit
nah..your wrong...

you need to relise.. someoen with that much power in rap shoudl be doing nothign but good for it.

you seem to have all the answers so...
.... Why is it,when he reached the highest pinical he could get to in rap, he didnt make an effort to help rap evolve away from the pathetic mainstream he himself help influence?

Why did he boost the wackness and make the songs he done.

He DID help Hip Hop, you just focus yourself on the singles

look at MMLP
1 wack single

the rest of the fucking album wasnt like that, stop judging his entire carreer off of his singles, if you cant realize how he helped Hip Hop then listen again until you do, cuz obviously you havent listened to everything from him.

2003-Present = wack, didnt contribute to Hip Hop
The rest of his life = dope, and did contribute to Hip Hop...aint nobody use Multies like him since Big Pun, and wordplay was only used by Canibus and Chino XL. Rakim was in and out of the game.
Old 11-13-05, 05:48 PM   #72
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BE2D A18C

Quote:

Eminem is not the best rapper at just one aspect.There ARE people with better lyrics and there ARE people with better flow/delivery.
But the thing about eminem is that combines all of them the best.He's the best all-around rapper.

And not to mention..the least one-dimensional.He subject matter is really diverse,and that's what separates him from 95% of the rest.

& LASTLY...VOCAB MEANS NOTHING IN RAP.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-05, 05:49 PM   #73
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

meh, i dunno deph... if it werent for all of his recent arab-talking puppet-mocking random poppy shit he's been putting out, i would be a whole lot more reluctant to consider siding with you.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 11-13-05, 05:49 PM   #74
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
By the way your question was how is em not the best like he def. is hte best and everyone is the idiot for not agreeing GTFOH. and BTW you quoted me but were talking cdus i get you.

And I quoted u because u mentioned nas.
Old 11-13-05, 05:55 PM   #75
Compose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
Eminem is not the best rapper at just one aspect.There ARE people with better lyrics and there ARE people with better flow/delivery.
But the thing about eminem is that combines all of them the best.He's the best all-around rapper.

And not to mention..the least one-dimensional.He subject matter is really diverse,and that's what separates him from 95% of the rest.

& LASTLY...VOCAB MEANS NOTHING IN RAP.

^Exactly...hes the best all around, dope lyrics, dope beats, makes money, is respected in mainstream AND underground

who else has done all of that? Jay-Z? Jay aint as good as Em...

there are artists who can drop doper lyrics, who can make doper beats, but do they have ALL of it at one time? Em has had everything and hes been consecutive with it, not counting everything after Eminem Show...

and dont say I'm not counting Encore, I realize he did wack on there, but his positive outshine his negative, his entire career did not flop just because of Encore, his whole career is currently flopping because hes rich, and the only problems he has is with his family...when he has money he writes about his problems but back in the day he wrote shit for his own style or battle oriented shit.