RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-08, 07:40 PM   #61
Blay'all
â„¢

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 704D 923D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
The bible says women should be silent in the church. Women not being able to talk in church= restrictions.

i wonder what me and your love child would look like.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 11-13-08, 08:15 PM   #62
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

Quote:
The bible says women should be silent in the church. Women not being able to talk in church= restrictions.

I coulda swore paul wrote that to ensure there was order in a certain church.

Not all churches. correct me if I'm wrong yo
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 11-13-08, 08:19 PM   #63
сварливый

Yeah and another thing, instead of trying to find likenesses between the Qu(Ko)ran and the Holy Bible, you should find differences.

Like how the Bible was pieced together through vocals, visions, great works and tales written by acclaimed Holy people which were approved by a council, versus, a one piece work written by one guy an amount of years after the bible already hit tha streetz..

>:\
Old 11-13-08, 08:21 PM   #64
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 43DA 63B8

Quote:

At the time yes. But I'm guessing with this, you would say that all women preachers should be stoned?

I'm no Bible scholar, but I would think that it has to do with the role that women played during that time. And those times compared to now are definitely different. So in my opinion, these "rules" applied to society in those ancient days whereas society today is much much more different.
Old 11-13-08, 08:25 PM   #65
Implicit
-BTR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I coulda swore paul wrote that to ensure there was order in a certain church.

Not all churches. correct me if I'm wrong yo

I would say that this is a valid point because Paul does write in 1 Corinthians about orderly worship. So perhpas that is correct.

And I THINK Paul wrote it to Timothy so it wasn't exactly to any church in particular.
Old 11-13-08, 08:42 PM   #66
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 305C CE74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
At the time yes. But I'm guessing with this, you would say that all women preachers should be stoned?

I'm no Bible scholar, but I would think that it has to do with the role that women played during that time. And those times compared to now are definitely different. So in my opinion, these "rules" applied to society in those ancient days whereas society today is much much more different.

I know it was "at the time". Islam needs to evolve the same way that Christianity did. Women would be getting burned for being "witches", not showing their ankles, and confined to the kitchen had they not spoken out like they did. The women of Muslim countries need assistance in achieving the same thing for Islam to eventually shed the sexism that it's so famous for.
Old 11-13-08, 08:56 PM   #67
сварливый

it's not just that, it's many fucking things.

If you expect to change islam any more then helping women, especially to places with Shariah law, and other places governed by hardcore Sunnahs (Hardcore example would be Iran) then you will be asking them to throw their Religion away. They'll fucking kill you. You can't live in areas like that without worshiping Islam or you'll either be a second class citizen or killed. Or both, in a matter of a few years. Hell, if you're a political figure and you talk shit on Islam, you'll be put on a HITLIST. Does Christianity have Hitlists? I think so, in early 90's movies.

:| so explain to me how, without a Jesus or (mohammed) coming back from the heavens to teach them peace, they'll ever fucking change?

Hell, the peaceful sects of their Religion refer to Jesus as a wise prophet, but not the son of God. Religious Jews see Jesus as a wise man.

only Christianity believes Jesus is the son of God, as Jesus said he was, so you have three Religions holding hands calling Jesus wise and very holy, yet 2 of 3 calling him a liar.

That's a fucking issue to me lol
Old 11-13-08, 09:06 PM   #68
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
it's not just that, it's many fucking things.

If you expect to change islam any more then helping women, especially to places with Shariah law, and other places governed by hardcore Sunnahs (Hardcore example would be Iran) then you will be asking them to throw their Religion away. They'll fucking kill you. You can't live in areas like that without worshiping Islam or you'll either be a second class citizen or killed. Or both, in a matter of a few years. Hell, if you're a political figure and you talk shit on Islam, you'll be put on a HITLIST. Does Christianity have Hitlists? I think so, in early 90's movies.

:| so explain to me how, without a Jesus or (mohammed) coming back from the heavens to teach them peace, they'll ever fucking change?

Hell, the peaceful sects of their Religion refer to Jesus as a wise prophet, but not the son of God. Religious Jews see Jesus as a wise man.

only Christianity believes Jesus is the son of God, as Jesus said he was, so you have three Religions holding hands calling Jesus wise and very holy, yet 2 of 3 calling him a liar.

That's a fucking issue to me lol

There are plenty of countries that laws don't go hand in hand with the "main" religion. If Christians lived their religion 100% then there would be no divorce, premarital sex...wearing more than 2 kinds of cloth, and several other things. Obviously you can't change the obvious wrongs of Islam at it's core, but the laws of these Muslim countries CAN be changed to be more moderate. Eventually after changing the laws to be more ethical, it'll probably lead to the decline of it's influence in the nation in general, just like with Christianity. Which I'm sure a lot of fundamental AND radical Muslims will take issue with, just like with Christians in America, but that's the only way I can see rationality come to those countries as far as human rights go. But like I said, that struggle in general isn't exclusive to Islam.

The reason why Christian nations aren't going bizzerk the same way muslim nations are isn't the religion itself, it's the conditions of the countries and the historic rivalries between the nations. Yeah the "jihad" thing is a huge red flag, but a big reason these people are going for it, isn't 100% caused by them thinking islam should be the only religion, but they think so just because they see problems with their country and America as "Christianity vs Muslims". So they think this is a religious war, rather than a war of nations. Another HUGE reason why church and state shouldn't get married.
Old 11-13-08, 09:34 PM   #69
сварливый

wait explain your second paragraph 4 me

I don't understand if you're trying to say:

Christian nations are in a sense warring with Muslim nations but the Christian nations aren't going berserk because they see the war as a State thing and Muslims see it as a Religious thing

or

Muslim nations haven't let go of their old values yet so it's not to be blamed on Religion that they are going berserk and calling the war a Jihad..

If it were the first, my response is that is understandable, but you can't call our nation(s) (a) Christian nation because that's not what it is. It's a Free nation where Freedom of Religion, belief, attitude, and everything else is the first importance, followed by the importance that people see fit for themselves. So although it may consist of a majority of Christians, as you also said, there is still a separation between Church and State. However, if you were to argue with that, you COULD say that our laws were founded on and based partly on the Holy Bible. Which is true. We are a free nation because of Jesus, and we are slowly splitting from our holy heritage for likewise reasons. I think I posted a poem about this in the poetry section of this site.

if it were the second explanation, I'll have to say that that's completely fucking bogus bullshit because the Muslims base all their laws on books that are or of foundation through the Qu(Ko)ran. Turkey is no longer a Muslim nation for example because they began to build laws that weren't based on Islam. Ever since they stopped basing laws on Islam, for fact purposes, they've progressed in the world to a world power.
Old 11-13-08, 10:22 PM   #70
Indeph
Not_Indeph

1. It was obviously the first one.

2. We aren't a free nation because of Jesus. THAT's grade A bullshit. Jesus didn't say "thou shalt giveth freedom of thou press and right to beareth armseth". Our laws aren't based on Christianity either. Most of the laws that agree with Christianity are common sense laws. Don't kill people, don't steal. Our laws could be contributed to the bible if all the sins(or even 50% of them) were against the law, like adultery for example and worshiping other God's. Probably the biggest sin(worshiping other God's over..God) is one of the main advantages America has to other nations.
Old 11-13-08, 10:26 PM   #71
сварливый

No I'm gonna say we're a free nation because of Jesus.

Sorry. :|
Old 11-14-08, 01:07 AM   #72
Implicit
-BTR-

Quote:
1. It was obviously the first one.

2. We aren't a free nation because of Jesus. THAT's grade A bullshit. Jesus didn't say "thou shalt giveth freedom of thou press and right to beareth armseth". Our laws aren't based on Christianity either. Most of the laws that agree with Christianity are common sense laws. Don't kill people, don't steal. Our laws could be contributed to the bible if all the sins(or even 50% of them) were against the law, like adultery for example and worshiping other God's. Probably the biggest sin(worshiping other God's over..God) is one of the main advantages America has to other nations.

Some good points were made. But this one I have to disagree with because if you think about it, the laws that are "common sense" appear first in the Bible BEFORE the law was ever made for America. So a lot of the laws for our nation CAN be credited to Christianity. And at the same time some of them don't align with what God would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v

No I'm gonna say we're a free nation because of Jesus.

And this I will agree with.