RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-06, 10:41 PM   #61
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 67D5 4B8C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
you a dumbass yo......the media fucked it up for black people...not the other way around

THAT, my friend..

Is a fucking cop out...

The media doesent make your people to act that way, they just turn it into a commodity because they see that some cats wanna act stupid on cameras and tell everyone how gangsta they are.. So their like.. Cool, how can I make a buck?

This is why I get annoyed in these threads, your all so quick to blame everyone else for your own fuckups.... And your too fucking defencive and emotional to have a proper argument on the shit anyway....

You cats just dont have a grasp on how politics work....
Old 06-18-06, 10:43 PM   #62
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

And thats not to mention the white cunts who would diss their own race just to be accepted by another one...

I hate people like that.....
Old 06-18-06, 10:43 PM   #63
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 94A2 DED2

Nos, you're a fucking queer. Shut up.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-18-06, 10:47 PM   #64
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Lmfao @ this naieve mother fucker doing exactly what I said hed do.......
Old 06-18-06, 10:51 PM   #65
Journal!st
Above Originality

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9465 0DDF

there's always oppertunities...idk why you complaining!.....

mexicans have the same problem.....
immigrants have the same problem....
indians have the same problem....

japanese, korean, black, hispanic, pacific islander

we all have the same difficulties in life......its just YOU!....you telling yourself your suffering for what?!.....NOTHING YOU DUMB SHIT!...like what MIM said military....DAMN SON... go get a job at burger king!.......hustle the streetz!.....idk Struggle to survive and to stay alive!..
Old 06-18-06, 11:54 PM   #66
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
[B]We're not talking about individual efforts here, we're talking about the group.[/B]*so am I... I was just using my situation as one example out of the hundreds of others that are out there* I have my plan and I'm trying my hardest to make it, and if I do, I'm STILL gunna have the same views. Not everyone knows that there is so much you can do and even if they did it's not always something that's good for them. How many career and job counselors do you see in the hood truly trying to make sure the awareness of possibilities is there? Most fucking successful black folks get the fuck away from the hood as soon as possible and just say "Fuck em", kinda like you. =/ THAT'S why the mentality is there, the successful people that people in the hood hear about play ball, rap, or sell drugs, am I wrong? If you think you made a difference because you made it, you're wrong, cuz you're just running away from the situation proud of yourself and not helping shit. I have the utmost respect for people like you but at the same time I fucking HATE people like you for thinking they're setting an example by getting the fuck out of the hood ASAP.
here we go...
that's where you are wrong... you have no idea what i do outside of RV... all you see is this site... i fought for my COUNTRY.... that = every hood in the UNITED STATES.... #2 .. me and my wife are currently working within the community to get a PAL started for inner city youth... unlike the people you were referring to, my street cred is up to par... i NEVER forget where I come from and I do what I can to HELP... that's the key... you don't even know where I live and you talking about how I left the hood... Atlanta IS the hood! Afew weeks ago we had a shooting right in front of the police station so don't go telling me about i left the hood. I always gave back and try to keep the youth on the right path... I do my part... do yours

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"

Last edited by I.G. : 06-19-06 at 12:01 AM.
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 11:58 PM   #67
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

Old 06-18-06, 11:59 PM   #68
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
THAT, my friend..

Is a fucking cop out...

The media doesent make your people to act that way, they just turn it into a commodity because they see that some cats wanna act stupid on cameras and tell everyone how gangsta they are.. So their like.. Cool, how can I make a buck?

This is why I get annoyed in these threads, your all so quick to blame everyone else for your own fuckups.... And your too fucking defencive and emotional to have a proper argument on the shit anyway....

it ain't just about money... and no, the media didn't make us act a certain way... but they do twist the perceptions of our people by HOW they display the news and by leaving out a lot of the facts that go along with a story... of course, they intentionally look for all the negative aspects.... but when it's something good who hears about it? No one is tracking my wife down trying to tell the story of how we want PAL started in our neighborhood cuz the kids ain't got shyt to do.... where's the media for shyt like that... but let it get up and running... i betcha they'll find a way to say how we are embezzling money and stealing from the community... that's how the media operates...

CLICK DA SIGGY

Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 12:34 AM   #69
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
it ain't just about money... and no, the media didn't make us act a certain way... but they do twist the perceptions of our people by HOW they display the news and by leaving out a lot of the facts that go along with a story... of course, they intentionally look for all the negative aspects.... but when it's something good who hears about it? No one is tracking my wife down trying to tell the story of how we want PAL started in our neighborhood cuz the kids ain't got shyt to do.... where's the media for shyt like that... but let it get up and running... i betcha they'll find a way to say how we are embezzling money and stealing from the community... that's how the media operates...

But thats not their fault..

They do that for everything.... Shock value sells... So you know their gonna perpetuate anything negative...
Old 06-19-06, 01:04 AM   #70
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

Quote:
here we go...
that's where you are wrong... you have no idea what i do outside of RV... all you see is this site... i fought for my COUNTRY.... that = every hood in the UNITED STATES.... #2 .. me and my wife are currently working within the community to get a PAL started for inner city youth... unlike the people you were referring to, my street cred is up to par... i NEVER forget where I come from and I do what I can to HELP... that's the key... you don't even know where I live and you talking about how I left the hood... Atlanta IS the hood! Afew weeks ago we had a shooting right in front of the police station so don't go telling me about i left the hood. I always gave back and try to keep the youth on the right path... I do my part... do yours

All I know is when you said...
Quote:
i guarantee you i can go back to my hood and see the same dudes doing the same shyt from when i left

It came off as "I haven't been there and I sure as hell don't want to go back."

Tell me if I'm wrong for thinking that. -_-

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-19-06, 01:08 AM   #71
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
THAT, my friend..

Is a fucking cop out...

man..its whatever man...i don't even want to talk about this shitty topic anymore...damn ecstacy fucked my head up.......
Old 06-19-06, 09:15 AM   #72
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
All I know is when you said...

It came off as "I haven't been there and I sure as hell don't want to go back."

Tell me if I'm wrong for thinking that. -_-
By now everyone should know that I'm from Brooklyn but I now live in ATL... i guess i shoulda put "my OLD hood"... and yes, I have been back since I joined the military and I saw the same shyt i described to you... how a dude gon stay on the corner for over 5 years and not have nothing to show for it?... absolutely NOTHING... and still got the balls to stay on the corner?!!! but "the man" did that to him if ya let him tell it... pffft... this is the shyt that i'm talking about...if kats don't wanna do nothing to fix they situation they got no room to argue or complain....period.

i grind and try and make things better for me and my fam daily... i never said it was easy... and i never eluded to any fact that I just "got mine and left"... nowhere in my posts can ya point that out... all i said was this... if ya want sumn bad enough you'll find a way to get it.. it's all about ya drive and ya commitment... that's it... i was hungry for mine so i went out and got it... and i still ain't done cuz i ain't satisfied... until i'm 100% positive that i can leave sumn for my seeds... sumn tangible that's theirs when i'm gone then omma stay on my hustle

CLICK DA SIGGY

Last edited by I.G. : 06-19-06 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-19-06, 11:24 AM   #73
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 43C4 2CD1

I.G has my utter respect now

fact is you can't chose where u were born

but you have the choice with what to do with your life

if a man deals drugs, pimps hoes, joins a gang or does whatever fucked up shit...it's coz they chose to

if a man gets an education however...he also chose that

it's like the saying you can chose your friends but you cant chose your family

it's like that but fact is if you sit here bitching about how bad you have it but don't have the guts to ACTUALLY get out there and speak your mind...your choice...

fact is i don't respect self pity too much you only live once...make the most of it...and if you really are effected by prejeduce that much...then you need help...coz right now the thread starter is puttin prejeduce on my race i don't run shit i'm no higher than the next person black or white...i don't look @ black people as inferior but if they feel i think that and generalise MY race as that...then thats their problem not mine i'm sorry Indeph i'm sorry Logic you feel that way but there are black men/women out there living the high life...and there's white people struggling to make ends meet out there...

jus lose the self pity and do yourself a favour and work to the best of your abilities...it's the ONLY way to prove that you are better than what you feel "the white man" generalises you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 12:26 PM   #75
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Far fetched stories rofl That's exactly why people don't believe that blacks are being held down. Cause everytiem you here a story about it you don't even believe it. Forget it. We all live in a happy fairy land where races ring around the rosey and everyone is equal.