RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-07, 03:23 PM   #76
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 64F8 17E4

^lol.

but 4real. what people dont know is that the best rappers 4real aren't on tv, there not on radio, there not evn underground. but the real best emcees are in.....

the colleges & high schools. i dare anyone of y'all to go to a high school and i bet that u are going to see some of the most gifted musicians that'chuve ever heard or seen. cuz in the streets erybodys tryna be hard, on tv & radio erybodys tryna be commercial and on these albums the labels do more work & editing than the actual artist prolly do. but in the school invironment erybody pretty much does them creatively. i've grraduated already but i know that when i get my label off the ground i'mma recruit some high school talent cuz thats where its at and erybody is true to there craft.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 09-25-07, 10:43 PM   #77
SerB
....S.....

IP: BBD5 CAE5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Mainstream is mainstream... That's all there is to it. Half of the people on your list are not mainstream anymore. They were in their time, but now they aren't. Tupac? Biggie? Wu Tang? I love those artists as much as the next guy, but they sure as fuck aren't mainstream. Mainstream is what is in the mainstream RIGHT NOW, not what was in there 10 years ago.

I barely ever listen to underground rap. I don't produce rap music, except for when I sometimes make beats. And with all that stuff you were going on about to do with "CEO labelling" or whatever, you completely misunderstood what I said to you in my last post. I'm not going to tell you again, because it's something that I don't think you will understand.

I stand by what I said... You know next to nothing about music. The fact that when I said that to you, you took "music" to mean only rap music proves my point. If you broadened your musical horizons, you would start to get a sense of what is good music and what isn't. This has nothing to do with whether people like the music or not. It's something factual, objective, good music has certain elements and is put together in a certain way, it is of a high quality.

Music overall is up to personal taste, which can't be argued with, but that doesn't mean the music people like is good music. What if you met a guy whose favorite song was some shitty kick drum sound over and over again with a recording of a man yelling over the top of it. You'd be like, "hey man, that music is fucking stupid. It's terrible, it's not even music..." and he would say to you, "fuck you, I love this music." Just because he likes it, doesn't make it a good song musically.

It's the same with someone like 50 cent. Factually, there is nothing special about the music he makes. He is an average artist who happens to have a marketable image that is marketed well. The fact of the matter is he is average, he makes average music. Compared to someone like Tupac who had an extraordinary style, 50 cent is nothing. It's the same in any genre. There are a lot of electro producers that make average songs that sell well... It doesn't mean the music is actually good. On the other hand you've got groups like Daft Punk, who are geniuses in their field. They can make GOOD music, good as in of a high quality, put together skillfully, creative, not the same shit with a different smell.

You don't have to like a song to realize that it's good. You don't have to like rock music to realize that led zeppelin are talented, you don't need to like classical music to realize that Chopin is a good composer... I'm telling you that you don't know anything about music. You go around thinking that the music you like is the most amazing music in the world just because it happens to be the style of music you enjoy.

buddy thats so stupid, and its making me mad how these sheeps are walking in this thread and agreeing to this.

are you kidding me? the kick dum shit you said was so stupid, what music has to have a complex beat or lyrics to be good? like no it cud be simple and better than any new complex shit, but thats just what the example you gave.

honestly what ur saying is, what you enjoy is good music, and the bad music you dont like is bad music.

and were in this thread was I talking about another Genre? dude you cant just bring rock or something in here. as I'm a hiphop head, i know little on other genre, that doesnt take away my knowledge on hiphop.

and now on the mainstream, it doesn't matter when they were mainstream, when they were mainstream made them a mainstream artist. people know them as a mainstream artist. even though it was the past it still made them that, and some still have stayed mainstream artist to this day.

like today mainstream isnt all that garage you say it is, off T.V mainstream artist are making GREAT music, the shit you see on T.V is majority commerical in my mind, thats what alot of artists do, but good mainstream artist like Lil wayne dont need to do that.
Old 09-25-07, 10:48 PM   #78
SerB
....S.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by don cardyac
^lol.

but 4real. what people dont know is that the best rappers 4real aren't on tv, there not on radio, there not evn underground. but the real best emcees are in.....

the colleges & high schools. i dare anyone of y'all to go to a high school and i bet that u are going to see some of the most gifted musicians that'chuve ever heard or seen. cuz in the streets erybodys tryna be hard, on tv & radio erybodys tryna be commercial and on these albums the labels do more work & editing than the actual artist prolly do. but in the school invironment erybody pretty much does them creatively. i've grraduated already but i know that when i get my label off the ground i'mma recruit some high school talent cuz thats where its at and erybody is true to there craft.

this is sad, you prove my point on how dumb some of you guys are on this site. sad thing is someone will come in and agree with you too.

so yeah ehh, age really detemines music? if anything the older the better with the more experience they go through.
Old 09-25-07, 11:07 PM   #79
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerB
buddy thats so stupid, and its making me mad how these sheeps are walking in this thread and agreeing to this.

are you kidding me? the kick dum shit you said was so stupid, what music has to have a complex beat or lyrics to be good? like no it cud be simple and better than any new complex shit, but thats just what the example you gave.

honestly what ur saying is, what you enjoy is good music, and the bad music you dont like is bad music.

and were in this thread was I talking about another Genre? dude you cant just bring rock or something in here. as I'm a hiphop head, i know little on other genre, that doesnt take away my knowledge on hiphop.

and now on the mainstream, it doesn't matter when they were mainstream, when they were mainstream made them a mainstream artist. people know them as a mainstream artist. even though it was the past it still made them that, and some still have stayed mainstream artist to this day.

like today mainstream isnt all that garage you say it is, off T.V mainstream artist are making GREAT music, the shit you see on T.V is majority commerical in my mind, thats what alot of artists do, but good mainstream artist like Lil wayne dont need to do that.

No, I'm saying the complete opposite to that. I don't know what you were thinking. You just said to me the exact same thing I said to you.

"honestly what ur saying is, what you enjoy is good music, and the bad music you dont like is bad music."

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure I raved on an on for a few paragraphs about how music is down to taste, and just because somebody (yes, I am a person, "somebody" includes me) doesn't like a certain kind of music doesn't mean it's bad music.

There is, however, an objective standard of what is good music and what isn't. This is completely different to whether people dislike it or like it. For example, Mozart was a musical genius, it is a fact that his compositions were good, musically. That doesn't affect whether people like his music or not.

People who know anything about music can obviously see that Mozart made good music, whether they like his music or not. They don't need to like or dislike a song to see whether it is good or bad.

My point, which you completely proved to be true, is that you don't know enough about music in general to be able to see what is good music and what isn't. Yes, you know what is good music TO YOU and what is bad music TO YOU, but that doesn't mean the music you think is good is actually good, and the music you think is bad is actually bad. You proved that when you said that you were a hip hop head, and you only know about hip hop.

So let me tell you exactly what I mean in relation to this thread so you don't miss the message again:

1. You think 50 cent's latest album is incredible.
2. From a neutral point of view, looking at the album factually, there is nothing special about it. It is average.
3. You are unable to see that it is average because your understanding of music is limited.
Old 09-26-07, 08:49 PM   #80
SerB
....S.....

yeah but you judge the music that comes out now to the "OLD shit"

I hate when people do this, they trash on songs beacasue it isn't like the old stuff that came out.

but thats beside the point, im here talking about 50cents album.

and its always the people on the net hating 50...
Old 09-26-07, 09:28 PM   #81
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

wtf? I never said anything about comparing new shit to old shit. If a new song is good, it's just good, that's all there is to it, and if a new song is bad, it's just bad. Why can't you understand that?

50 cent's new album is just not good. That's all. It doesn't matter who likes it or doesn't like it, because the fact is that it is an average album.

Yeah, because people on the internet live inside it and don't exist in the real world... wtf? Everybody on the internet is in the world and has a life. If it was always people on the net hating 50, then how the fuck are you on the net NOT hating 50? You are on the net, just like anybody else on this site.

Are you special for some reason? You must be, because it's impossible for awesome, cool people like you to have access to the internet, since they are too busy being cool having real lives. They don't have time to hang around on internet forums, which are only full of nerds, despite the fact that you are on an internet forum right now and you have over 2000 posts.

You're either a nerd, or the internet is accessible to normal, everyday people. omg I wonder which one it is?!?!
Old 09-26-07, 11:24 PM   #82
J Summers

IP: 1222 2648

thats your opinion..thats not a fact... you dont set the standard for whether and album is above or below average... if someone thinks this album is the greatest album ever than so be it... that is there opinion and there not wrong for thinking that...someone who may not even like rap may think this album is complete trash and they are not wrong for thinking that... you can't say it is a fact when in all reality what you were saying is common sense that it's just your opinion
Old 09-26-07, 11:33 PM   #83
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
IP: 7027 ECFA

my fuckin gonnorea is fire.
Old 09-27-07, 12:25 AM   #84
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
thats your opinion..thats not a fact... you dont set the standard for whether and album is above or below average... if someone thinks this album is the greatest album ever than so be it... that is there opinion and there not wrong for thinking that...someone who may not even like rap may think this album is complete trash and they are not wrong for thinking that... you can't say it is a fact when in all reality what you were saying is common sense that it's just your opinion

Music is like a science... Do you have any idea how complex it is? Yes, it's true that music is subjective. I know that. I've mentioned what you're saying a couple of times now in this thread.

Separate to music's subjectiveness is the objective side of music. I am no expert, and I am not a musicologist, but anybody with a little bit of musical sense can see that 50 cent is not particularly talented, and that his album is not particularly special. Why can't you understand that? It's just how things are.

If a musicologist did an analysis of curtis, they would come to the conclusion that musically, it is sub par. It has nothing to do with who likes it or who doesn't, or how many sales it has, or whether people love it or hate it. It is just, objectively, from a musical standpoint, sub par.

On the other hand, if they did an analysis of an album like Nas' Illmatic, they would come to the conclusion that Nas is skillful in the execution of his chosen craft, and that the album is put together well. It is a good album. It doesn't matter who likes it or who doesn't. It doesn't matter who thinks it's good and who thinks it sucks... From a factual, objective standpoint, it is a good album.
Old 09-27-07, 09:19 AM   #85
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: CAC0 6EFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers

you shoudl just stop talking

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-27-07, 01:43 PM   #86
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 64F8 17E4

Quote:
this is sad, you prove my point on how dumb some of you guys are on this site. sad thing is someone will come in and agree with you too.

so yeah ehh, age really detemines music? if anything the older the better with the more experience they go through.

i never said that age determinds music. i'm saying that high schools and colleges are a place where you can find some of the most talented people. i'll even include prisons. and places like that. cuz some of the most talented people never get heard.

theres dudes out in the streets that can shoot ball better than jordan, theres people locked up who can paint better than picasso and there sure as hell are undiscovered people who can rap way better than ur favorite rappers. popularity does not mean that'chure better at something, it just means that'chu came in contact with other famous people earlier. hell, master p is more rich and popular than lil wayne is but that sure as hell dont mean that he's a better rapper. well.... to u it prolly does but in reality it dont.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 09-27-07, 08:30 PM   #87
SerB
....S.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by don cardyac
i never said that age determinds music. i'm saying that high schools and colleges are a place where you can find some of the most talented people. i'll even include prisons. and places like that. cuz some of the most talented people never get heard.

theres dudes out in the streets that can shoot ball better than jordan, theres people locked up who can paint better than picasso and there sure as hell are undiscovered people who can rap way better than ur favorite rappers. popularity does not mean that'chure better at something, it just means that'chu came in contact with other famous people earlier. hell, master p is more rich and popular than lil wayne is but that sure as hell dont mean that he's a better rapper. well.... to u it prolly does but in reality it dont.

this has to be the dumbest thing I've heard.

I'm hoping no one agree's with this kid.

and Turm, music isn't a science, music is a art. even you should know that, and with a art everyone is gonna look at it differnet. there isnt a final way to judge a album by saying "average" and shit.
Old 09-27-07, 08:56 PM   #88
KM

Text Record: 9-6
IP: 9204 9119

damn yall still on this bull shit lmao yo everyone got there opinion bout music....leave it there....lolz....
Old 09-27-07, 09:07 PM   #89
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
this has to be the dumbest thing I've heard.

I'm hoping no one agree's with this kid.

and Turm, music isn't a science, music is a art. even you should know that, and with a art everyone is gonna look at it differnet. there isnt a final way to judge a album by saying "average" and shit.

OK, so if I did a shit on a canvas it would be just as good as Hokusai's Great Wave or The Mona Lisa. People might like it, so that surely means that nobody, ever, can analyze art in an objective way and see that the other artworks I mentioned were made with more skill by masterful artists... Despite the fact that people have been objectively analyzing art for centuries...

And also objectively analyzing music for centuries...

I really don't know what you're talking about. You are trying to ignore the fact that there IS a standard that can be applied to music, music IS complex and intricate like a science... That doesn't mean it isn't an art. Shit, even ART is complex and intricate like a science.
Old 09-29-07, 05:07 AM   #90
SerB
....S.....

no there isnt a standard, thats where you get it wrong.

this is what you were brought up to believe, there isnt no standard to any kind of art, its impossible. its not accurate, it just doesnt work. what part dont you get.