RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-03, 03:41 AM   #76
Seraphe
BANNED

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ABE5 FC72

Fact Is - uk shit is the way forward, yeah yank stuff is better NOW but look how long you've done it, and how big it is there. your country originated it, that dosent mean the UK isnt good.
Old 10-20-03, 03:53 AM   #77
LM
Drop Of Genius

Text Record: 38-15
IP: 17AC 3451

I honestly believe that UK rappers will blow up sometime in the near future. Do ya's honestly believe that kids over here havnt been through the same shit that kids over there have been through. We've suffered a huge rise in gun crime over the last two years. More people are on drugs and overall crime has risen. We go through the same shit as you do but it dont get talked bout as much here

Old 10-20-03, 04:09 AM   #78
Seraphe
BANNED

IP: ABE5 FC72

and have the highest teenage pregnanct count in the WORLD

ive got 6 different kids i dont even know = )
Old 10-20-03, 07:13 AM   #79
Toner

IP: EB13 7871

Listen up.....Uk shit id either blowin up or fuckin up, the fact of the matter is that no yank can comment on ou scene cos What they hear is filtered out through what will sell and wot won't in the eyes of some fat cat label owner. I love U.S Hip Hop, the best stuff is from Dialted Peoples and the Roots who continue to tour our Island....Aswell you always see the US Cats hookin up wiv Tim Westwoo, biggin him and hit...so stop bitin and whinin...Let's grow up and make some progress.

Peace.
Old 10-20-03, 07:14 AM   #80
Toner

IP: EB13 7871

Sorry about typeos AAIght............................................ .................................................. .
Old 10-20-03, 10:04 AM   #81
/:Ayura:\

IP: CC07 EC19

Quote:
Listen up.....Uk shit id either blowin up or fuckin up, the fact of the matter is that no yank can comment on ou scene cos What they hear is filtered out through what will sell and wot won't in the eyes of some fat cat label owner. I love U.S Hip Hop, the best stuff is from Dialted Peoples and the Roots who continue to tour our Island....Aswell you always see the US Cats hookin up wiv Tim Westwoo, biggin him and hit...so stop bitin and whinin...Let's grow up and make some progress.

Peace.

wah blow
Old 10-20-03, 10:14 AM   #82
Trah Siph
Masquarading 4 U

Text Record: 13-5
IP: 6F9E F23B

AUYORA DON'T KNOW WHAT HE ON ABOUT............................WE ALREADY BLOWIN UP.........................
Old 10-20-03, 10:44 AM   #83
-ElocuShun-

IP: 4E62 F14F

damn right ya son of a gun.........................................rap in britain is a lot fresher than the american market.........all rap over there is played now.ya'll have to wait on new blood all the time
Old 10-20-03, 02:03 PM   #84
/:Ayura:\

IP: CC07 EC19

proficient shutup
Old 10-20-03, 03:28 PM   #85
LM
Drop Of Genius

IP: DF7B C8F7

Actually p.styles had a point. All the rappers over in the US nowadays talk bout the same stuff. Growin up in the hood and stuff. They need somethin else to write bout. And whats to say that a British rapper wont find that somethin else. It's worth thinkin bout coz rap is gettin repetative now.

Old 10-20-03, 03:37 PM   #86
*Y_nOt*
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: ABE5 5A5C

Quote:
Originally posted by -Brixton-
damn right ya son of a gun.........................................rap in britain is a lot fresher than the american market.........all rap over there is played now.ya'll have to wait on new blood all the time

^^^WTF are you talking about???? How is U.K rap fresher than U.S rap when yall are imatating us here in the U.S??? Rap over here is played out now???? And we have to wait for new blood all the time????? Your a fuckin retard!!!!! Since you dont live here in the U.S you dont know about our mix tape circut. Everyday DJ's come out with new mix tapes that contain new artists/up and comers, with all new songs and free's. Theirs atleast 10 new cds bein pumped out into the streets every week and every week theirs new artists with new songs featured on the cds. Idk wtf your talking about.....theirs mad underground cats here blowin up on the underground mix tape scene that yall dont even know about yet and wont until they blow up big. For every 10 up and commers that yall in the u.k have, theirs triple that over here in the U.S who have better skillz and that are on a whole nother level. Yall dont even no.......how do yall expect to blow up big over here when everyday theirs a new artists blowin up big over here and world wide. Yall are a huge selling market for us. Yall buy out music, clothes, shoes, hats, coats....everything. How can yall be original and all that shit when yall act like us???? come'on now.........And its not that if anyone ever did blow up over here from the U.K that we'd think that your a wannabee Eminem. Its just that he's what yall are exposed to. Yall really only know about our mainstream artists b/c thats all yall tv stations and radio is exposing you too. So since he's all alot of what you know about(meaning his rap style) of coarse yall are gonna imatate him. Yall gotta come out wit your own styles and siclude yourselves from our hip-hop culture but yet have to do or say shit that would attrack listeners over here.......All I gotta say is yall got alot of hard work ahead of you hahaha......I dont think its ever really gonna happen.

<<<<~~~ PCZ ~~~>>>>

" So for the 2nd time [The Pharisses] summoned the man who had been blind and said
"Speak the truth before God. We know this man is a sinner."
"Wether he is a sinner I do not know."
:The man replied:
"All I know is this...Once I was blind and now I can see"
John 1x 24-26
Old 10-20-03, 03:42 PM   #87
DAARK
New to RB

Text Record: 0-3
IP: DC4B D8F1

Damn........this thread is mad funny hahahaha......I heard a brit rapper tryin' ta emulate 50 cent......I think he called him self 60 cent lol (no joke) I saw it yesterday.....maybe he's clownin maybe he's not.....but tha nigga said his name was 60 cent....his first single iz "U say U a Pranksta"..........>> in a strong british accent of course..hahahahaha......my bad i meant MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA
Old 10-20-03, 03:45 PM   #88
LM
Drop Of Genius

IP: DF7B C8F7

I have to admit that crackin America will be hardest thing any British rapper could do but there's a possibility that one day it will be done. If the public likes the way you sound and perform then your onto a winner. We go through the same shit as what the Americans do so there's no reason why we cant do it if we manage to get deals over here. But right now the government complains bout rap over here so they wont care if kids with talent dont make it. Fuck i hate our government. I've made myself angry now AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 10-20-03, 04:20 PM   #89
*Y_nOt*
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: ABE5 5A5C

HAHAHA damn.....yea awile back(early 90's late 80's) the U.S gov was protesting Hip-hop and rap to. They went after N.W.A, and ICE T...to name a few but thats all bull shit. If hip hop got a huge following over their like yall say it does than yall can beat that shit but w/e, 1

" So for the 2nd time [The Pharisses] summoned the man who had been blind and said
"Speak the truth before God. We know this man is a sinner."
"Wether he is a sinner I do not know."
:The man replied:
"All I know is this...Once I was blind and now I can see"
John 1x 24-26
Old 10-20-03, 07:56 PM   #90
varentao

IP: F79F E8EA

It'll probably never 'blow up' over in America. The stigma attached to hip-hop over in the US (and even over in the UK) will probably put pay to that. You know, 'hard' and American. Along with the stereotypes of UK. And of course, the accent.

But it doesn't matter all that much. UK artists have colloborated US artists for quite a while now. And will carry on doing so. You may not like UK hip-hop, but it's there to appreciate. Like you might not like rock, but you appreciate the art in the lyrics, the 'beats' and the vocals...