RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-05, 08:35 PM   #76
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 347D 5FA0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip
props to UK artists and LL, but......... Kanye and Alchemist and Dre r better than any UK producers i've ever heard, and Nas, Kanye, Prodigy, Mos Def, Common, not to mention the man in my sig, r definitely dope lyricists....... how could u even think about sayin the US doesn't have dope lyricists..... shit, i'm a perfect example..... there r some cats on here that could son me in a battle, but i can teach u something about urself and the me and my world from my point of view...... sorta like US rappers can feel UK rappers and visa-versa..... this whole argument iz pointless, since we're all doin it for self-expression and to further our craft........ check out the poem in my sig, called all i have..... it's not new, but it's dope, and tell me that some US cats don't get deep w/ their shit.....

i never said US dont vgot dope lyricists... but i aint EVER heard any US rapper drop rhyme schemes n structures as complicated as alot of UK peeps are capable of and tend to do.... also... the topics... it aint about bein deep.. its about bein creative.. n in america.. anybody who is ur mainstream is very generic n played wit the topics... but in UK despite mans status... they allways keep the originality and the lyricism... as for producers... kanye is way over-rated... dude cant make a beat unless its sampled... yes.. Alchemist is dope... dre... over-rated... has made sum classics.. but is very in-consistant... but ppl like chemo, kelakovski, harry love n joe buddah... none of em have EVER failed to impress me wit they beats
Old 11-05-05, 08:51 PM   #78
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
i never said US dont vgot dope lyricists... but i aint EVER heard any US rapper drop rhyme schemes n structures as complicated as alot of UK peeps are capable of and tend to do.... also... the topics... it aint about bein deep.. its about bein creative.. n in america.. anybody who is ur mainstream is very generic n played wit the topics... but in UK despite mans status... they allways keep the originality and the lyricism... as for producers... kanye is way over-rated... dude cant make a beat unless its sampled... yes.. Alchemist is dope... dre... over-rated... has made sum classics.. but is very in-consistant... but ppl like chemo, kelakovski, harry love n joe buddah... none of em have EVER failed to impress me wit they beats

Dude... If you talked like that anywhere else, you would get a big reality check.
Old 11-05-05, 09:49 PM   #79
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
*come and shake a leg wit me*

i dnt concider ppl like roll deep to be hip hop but more grime which is like the new age garage music... and i dont class roll deep anywhere near the level of talent of our real artists.. yes we do got sum that make club tunes... but every genre in every country has that... but wen u look at how many dope lyricists we got compared to how many club rappers we got... club rappers are out numbered beyond beleif
Old 11-05-05, 09:52 PM   #80
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
IP: 5285 DC82

wtf @ this entire argument. rap is the one place were rasicm and culture are some what one.

Wtf@ kids acctually arguing tryna say there country is "better"
Its cool to have pride abotu were your from, but reality is, there is no "best" in rap

wtf @ kids in this thread not even understanding that rap is worldwide, which is a fucking huge positive thing. Anything that can bring a generation of music lovers together to represent the same culture equally is fucking genius.

wtf@ you!!!! yes, you!!
Old 11-05-05, 09:53 PM   #81
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Dude... If you talked like that anywhere else, you would get a big reality check.

y??? cos its my opinion and im voicin it??? aint no reality in debates like this for the simple reason.. everybodies opinion is different.. u got your opinion... i got mine... deal with it
Old 11-05-05, 09:55 PM   #82
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

IP: B3C1 9502

obviously U.S.A

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Send a message via AIM to K.ontroverz.Y Send a message via MSN to K.ontroverz.Y   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-05, 09:57 PM   #83
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysdat
wtf @ this entire argument. rap is the one place were rasicm and culture are some what one.

Wtf@ kids acctually arguing tryna say there country is "better"
Its cool to have pride abotu were your from, but reality is, there is no "best" in rap

wtf @ kids in this thread not even understanding that rap is worldwide, which is a fucking huge positive thing. Anything that can bring a generation of music lovers together to represent the same culture equally is fucking genius.

wtf@ you!!!! yes, you!!

yup... i aint sayin my country is better.... im sayin rite now im preferin everytmhin from the UK over wats from the US... but thats wat im feelin.. its my opinion n ppl cant accept it cos they so damn ignorant... but wen ppl start tryna diss our music n other shit about us its obvious we gonna defend it
Old 11-05-05, 10:03 PM   #84
Ysdat
Whys That?

werd leady, its human to defend any attack what ever shape or form it comes at you in.
those dissing UK rap, obviously are closed minded. Me personally i took time to get used to the accent. I love it! but I am yet to hear anything Id acctually purchase. Not on eUK head has brought a style I like. Most are some what generic.

But in saying that, i dont live there, so Im not as deep into the musioc there as someone liek you living there. Thats were alot fo kids dissing are going wrong, they either judging rv uk heads, or the very few songs that get airtime on america.

i know nothing from uk gets airtime in NZ, so I am in no place to judge it.

America is the forfront of rap. Its worldwide knowledge that america is the industry you wan tto be in. So hating were you want to be is pointless.

kids need to open the minds though, and relise, america is only at th etop, because rap originated there and they have alot mroe money being put into there artist's than anywere else in the world.

but the world is slowly catching on to the money that can be made, so its not long till the rest are being exploited
Old 11-05-05, 10:16 PM   #85
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

That's exactly what I think. Hip Hop is somewhat new to the UK and they're basically just like hip hop was eariler in the US. They gonna get fucked up too. Just wait a while.
Old 11-05-05, 10:22 PM   #86
Ysdat
Whys That?

our brain is one^

can you hear me saying

GET THE FUCK ON AIM YOU FUCKING PLASTIC BAG OVER FACE FOOL
Old 11-05-05, 10:27 PM   #87
leady
Addicted

thing is... hip hop been here for YEARS!!!!! n ppl been rappin here since 80s/early 90s
Old 11-05-05, 10:42 PM   #88
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
y??? cos its my opinion and im voicin it??? aint no reality in debates like this for the simple reason.. everybodies opinion is different.. u got your opinion... i got mine... deal with it

You were saying that americans wernt as creative or origional as UK rappers, and that american producers get shit on by most the UK producers..

That is naieve... And for lack of better words... Complete ignorant bullshit.....

Like I said... Anywhere else, you would be made a mockery of for talking dumb shit like that...
Old 11-05-05, 10:48 PM   #89
leady
Addicted

but its true.... look at all US rappers that got sum kinda name... majority of them dnt impress me like UK heads do... its not jus originality in topics but in flow delivery writin structure n rhyme scheme... and from most producers i heard in america(ones that again got sum kind of status) dont impress me like UK ones do... its down to personal taste and opinion.... so once again.... deal with it
Old 11-05-05, 10:56 PM   #90
Ysdat
Whys That?

Leady stop being ignorant bro.

Worldwide rappers are better than rappers. It doesnt matter were yoru from.

Americans have foundation setters and are fucking creative.

If you are correct that americans have nothing on UK heads, and that rap has been in UK since the 80's, then why isnt UK the for front of rap?

Think again bro, your posting some ignorant shit.