RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-06, 02:05 AM   #76
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BF52 4920

God Damn..this Thread Has Turned Into C Span Or Some Shit
Old 03-12-06, 03:46 AM   #77
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: FC30 7384

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
well before i say anything, let me say that im not saying I shouldn't get the reparations my grandma should get them

but knowing that my grandmawould be able to survive, and take care of the three grandchildren she takes care of without struggling, and that since we cant bring back my great grandmother, at least she can feel better knowing her mothers years of hard work has been paid for, and also my great grandmothers soul can R.I.P.

I can understand those needs to see your family provided for, but I question that a check is going to let your great grandmothers soul rest in peace, no disrespect to her. Accepting a check in exchange for the torment your ancesters went through is putting a price tag on the suffering of your history, your lineage, and your self. Don't be dilluted by those who feel that 'slavery' is only physical labor - there's a high level of mental breaking required to even get someone to the point to be a "slave", like tying a brutally beaten pregnant woman to a tree and slitting her stomach open to let the unborn fetus fall to the ground where it is crushed underfoot in a forum that "new slaves" can witness and were therefore shocked into mental submission. Black fathers were (and still are) the number one threat to slave programming so a black father publically being pulled apart by horses in the presence of his wife and children in such a fasion was also a common, as were public rape-stranglings done at random. These are actions that took place on the "breaker" islands (aka, the west indies/carribean) before a single slave even made it to the US to program fear and subservience into us genetically. Breaker islands like the one I was born on.

All the checks in the world won't undo what tragedies have already happened and demeaning your worth by accepting money in exchange would belittle any 'struggle' you can name, which is one of many reasons that "repairations" is never going to see the light of day. I personally would feel insulted if someone offered me a check in place of my sense of values. I'd quicker rather see it put into the sub-standard school systems and afterschool programs to build our black children up, instead of having a youth taking a violence-promoting drug-pumping rapper as their rolemodel and repeating the cycle (of removing the father from his family) needed to "keep a slave a slave". But even still, what accepting that check would mean alone makes it no where even remotely near "not worth it" in my eyes.

Quote:
and apexx, may i add that is the question that should have been asked in the beggining, that would have avoided alot

You're right, it should have been asked in the beginning, very good point. Sooo....why didn't you ask your self this in the beginning?

Im only responsible for my own thoughts big guy lol, no one elses.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 03-12-06 at 03:53 AM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 03:48 AM   #78
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 94A2 DED2

K, I now hate reparations.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 03-12-06, 04:07 AM   #79
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: D0D8 36B3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
I can understand those needs to see your family provided for, but I question that a check is going to let your great grandmothers soul rest in peace, no disrespect to her. Accepting a check in exchange for the torment your ancesters went through is putting a price tag on the suffering of your history, your lineage, and your self. Don't be dilluted by those who feel that 'slavery' is only physical labor - there's a high level of mental breaking required to even get someone to the point to be a "slave", like tying a brutally beaten pregnant woman to a tree and slitting her stomach open to let the unborn fetus fall to the ground where it is crushed underfoot in a forum that "new slaves" can witness and were therefore shocked into mental submission. Black fathers were (and still are) the number one threat to slave programming so a black father publically being pulled apart by horses in the presence of his wife and children in such a fasion was also a common, as were public rape-stranglings done at random. These are actions that took place on the "breaker" islands (aka, the west indies/carribean) before a single slave even made it to the US to program fear and subservience into us genetically. Breaker islands like the one I was born on.

All the checks in the world won't undo what tragedies have already happened and demeaning your worth by accepting money in exchange would belittle any 'struggle' you can name, which is one of many reasons that "repairations" is never going to see the light of day. I personally would feel insulted if someone offered me a check in place of my sense of values. I'd quicker rather see it put into the sub-standard school systems and afterschool programs to build our black children up, instead of having a youth taking a violence-promoting drug-pumping rapper as their rolemodel and repeating the cycle (of removing the father from his family) needed to "keep a slave a slave". But even still, what accepting that check would mean alone makes it no where even remotely near "not worth it" in my eyes.

You're right, it should have been asked in the beginning, very good point. Sooo....why didn't you ask your self this in the beginning?

Im only responsible for my own thoughts big guy lol, no one elses.

I can see where your coming from, but from my grandmas position, if she was to get money, as compensation, but not as a trade in for what happend, nothing is going to change that, BUT it would make her feel better about the situation, also, it would help her financially, (not going to go into detail about that) its the least they can do
Old 03-12-06, 04:17 AM   #80
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: FC30 7384

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
I can see where your coming from, but from my grandmas position, if she was to get money, as compensation, but not as a trade in for what happend, nothing is going to change that, BUT it would make her feel better about the situation, also, it would help her financially, (not going to go into detail about that) its the least they can do

^^I suspect that's because she needs money. If you take money in exchange for anything (goods or services) - that's considered being "compensated". As a litmus test, ask your grandmother sometime if she would accept a check from the decendants of slave masters for her mother.

That's no different than you selling slaves your self.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 04:31 AM   #81
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: D0D8 36B3

will do................................................ ....
Old 03-12-06, 05:28 AM   #82
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

I don't believe that this thread is racist at all. A lot of black people, not all but a lot of black people say shit about us white people and think it means nothin. It still hurts and well we can't say nothin until someone says thats racist. but yea I thought this would be some dumb shit but shit, this is very true most of it. of what I read, didn't read it all.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote