RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-06, 12:56 PM   #77
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Rofl You really really missed the point. 1st off for all the people too lazy to actually read my entire post, I've mentioned I KNOW ITS POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO COME OUT OF ANY SITUATION. And that robbery shit was merely a metaphore for what happened in america. -_- You're not gonna get it, ever. Just because its possible for someone to get out of a situation doesnt make it any less worse. What about ppl involved in hit and run shit and they "can't" walk. If they worked hard they could learn how to walk, but its still wrong. You're not gonna even TRY to understand this, because you're not black. I know you're gonna say that isnt it, but trust me it is. -_- *awaits a magical response that sets you apart from everyone else I've met*
Old 06-19-06, 01:20 PM   #79
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
the only reason uu tihnk we dont understand it if u aint black is cause u think u are a victim much greater than wat u really are like i said it is harder for yous too make it but yous greatly over exadorate it whether your black white red yellow blue watever if blacks really are been held down as much as u say u can point out the facts i dont think facts are biased too color of skin are they??

if u cant point it out its sum pshcological bullshit where u think u are been held down way ore than wat u are

God. STOP STOP STOP STOP with any "exaguration" talk. White people always do this shit. Just because it's REALLY bad you automatically assume its not true. You expect me to come in here and list a bunch of reasons why we're being held down just so you can put your two cents on it? We don't WANT to be pittied or any of that shit, I'm just sick of people claiming we complain over shit like we're using it to justify our unsuccessful living. Read a fuckin history book for god's sake and actually COME to these areas. Not just like driving across it, live here. Seriously, go and see if the world is as equal and simple when you step out a corner over here. See how easy it is when you realise that you need money to make money. The poor gets poorer and the rich get richer. If a white person from the suburbs is a failure in life and drops out of school, he works at a resturaunt lives in an apartment and is pretty much STILL above the ghetto greatly. If a black person from the ghetto drops out of his fucked up school, he's caught in danger, with no jobs around. White people have plenty industrial and commerical jobs around. Whats here in the ghetto? Family owned liquor stores, banks we need a degree to work in, grocery stores. Not to mention the constant danger which people seem to have draumatically underestimated due to music and movies. And not to mention cultural identity. That "psychological" influence you were talking about is there, but not for the white believed "illusion" of oppression. It's the mental belief that has been GIVEN to us not created, that we're the lowest form of civiliation. No matter how rich we get, no matter how smart we are we come in 2nd place because we're black. Our culture was created so we can finally feel as if we can be at the top of the chain for once. I am not a gangsta or a drug dealer. But the neo nazi's marched across my neighborhood, and (lets see if you think this is fake too) they stormed my aunt sandra's house and killed her, my 2 cousins, and uncle marc wasnt home. Some Stones ( a gang) heard the gunshots and killed the nazis. THEY ARE IN JAIL NOW. Theres so much fuckin shit you don't know about, stop thinking telivision is your gateway to our life. You will never get it. Accept it.
Old 06-19-06, 01:22 PM   #80
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 43C4 2CD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
We all live in a happy fairy land where races ring around the rosey and everyone is equal.

we do omg why the fuck did i ever think that racism ever existed

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 01:24 PM   #81
Indeph
Not_Indeph

I swear lmao only on this planet can anyone addressing oppression be on the DEFENSIVE side.
Old 06-19-06, 05:45 PM   #82
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

Ok ok, I'm tired of replying to each long ass post by stupid asses. Ok everybody, lets use a symbolic way of explaining this.

If you were in high school, and about a third of your teachers all gave the people of their race the grade they actually got, and people who were not of their race a lower grade then they actually earned and deserved, is that NOT racist and unfair? No fucking shit anyone can get an A in the end, otherwise it would be blatantly and obviously racism. But you're going to sit here and say, "Well you just work really hard to get an A and it's ok "....FUCK YOU.

I want to talk about groups because MLK wasn't doing it for HIMSELF, he did it for his PEOPLE AS A WHOLE. How is talking about individuals the way to go? I don't care about myself in the end, I know I have the resources to make it. The problem is that MOST people don't, I don't care which fucking race it is. Fuck you if you think history is just a cop out, that's like saying something that happened to you as a child that was devastating and gave you anxiety or something is just a fucking cop out and you can just get over it. You people are so close-minded it ridiculous.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-19-06, 05:48 PM   #83
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 95AA 11A6

That's why they call him Logic...

...because it's cigoL backwards. [/b-boy stance]
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 06-19-06, 09:37 PM   #84
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
Ok ok, I'm tired of replying to each long ass post by stupid asses. Ok everybody, lets use a symbolic way of explaining this.

If you were in high school, and about a third of your teachers all gave the people of their race the grade they actually got, and people who were not of their race a lower grade then they actually earned and deserved, is that NOT racist and unfair? No fucking shit anyone can get an A in the end, otherwise it would be blatantly and obviously racism. But you're going to sit here and say, "Well you just work really hard to get an A and it's ok "....FUCK YOU.

I want to talk about groups because MLK wasn't doing it for HIMSELF, he did it for his PEOPLE AS A WHOLE. How is talking about individuals the way to go? I don't care about myself in the end, I know I have the resources to make it. The problem is that MOST people don't, I don't care which fucking race it is. Fuck you if you think history is just a cop out, that's like saying something that happened to you as a child that was devastating and gave you anxiety or something is just a fucking cop out and you can just get over it. You people are so close-minded it ridiculous.

ok... lemme put it to you like this... is it possible for individuals to influence a group?... i dare you to say yes... then i'll come back in and explain sumn to you...

i breaks shyt down on the regs... like i said, i see where you coming from... you just fail to see where I'm coming from

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 09:41 PM   #85
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
ok... lemme put it to you like this... is it possible for individuals to influence a group?... i dare you to say yes... then i'll come back in and explain sumn to you...

i breaks shyt down on the regs... like i said, i see where you coming from... you just fail to see where I'm coming from

YES, it is possible for individuals to influence the group. Please come explain.

Track of the week:

Old 06-19-06, 10:49 PM   #86
ILL GEE

you keep saying that you are talking about groups, right?... so i posed the question... "Can an individual influence a group?"... your answer was yes...

now...

let's say we use myself as an example since you keep referring to my posts as talking about individuals... i, as an individual, have influenced some of my friends to do the right thing and get themselves together... they saw what i was doing with the tools that i had available and decided that they too could accomplish goals... i didn't necessarily have all the tools at my disposal... i had to find out a lot of info and do some research... the reason i did those things was because i was determined to live my life better than what my parents could do for me... i watched the mistakes they made and decided to take things into my own hands... nothing was "given" to me...

now... back to how you keep seperating individuals and groups...
if an individual can influence a group then why is it that when one of our own makes it we don't use that same influence to better ourselves?... instead we try and tear them down and bring them back down to a poverty level.. we make them out to be "lucky" instead of an individual who actually worked hard to get to where they are...

truth be told... it takes individuals to make a group... if we, as individuals, got together to help one another instead of wasting energy on blaming other folks we'd all be a lot better off... but you know how we do each other.... black on black crime... selling drugs in our own communities to the same people we say are victims of society (us)... robbing and killing each other... gangs... fighting over colors? c'mon man... there's no way you can say that anyone made you do these things.... as long as you have the ability to say no and the choice to do ya own thing there is no excuse for failure... ok... i can see if someone actually tried to make a difference and failed.. but to do actually jack shyt and then claim they a victim?... that's just bullshyt...

you can't help anyone who isn't willing to help themselves... as an individual you CAN make a difference... Martin Luther King made a difference... Rosa Parks made a difference... Hell, even Hitler made a difference (a negative one, but a difference nonetheless)

We've proven time and time again that we, as a people , can overcome the most adverse situations... why stop now? if we can make it through the Underground Railroad, Slavery, gaining our right to vote, and segregation then what makes getting a job and an education any harder?

The real problem is our lack of involvement when we see issues that need to be addressed. Nothing bothers us if it doesn't affect us directly... we have the metality that it's not our problem and we got all this great advice for everyone else... but when it's our time to step up we step back instead... we don't have that Black Panther mentality anymore... C'mon.... think about it... back in the day we used to march and protest and get our asses whooped for the things we believed in... we don't do that anymore... The million man March?.. that was weak... yeah, we showed up and listened to a few "individuals" speak... but what did we actually do as a group besides take a day off from work and put our bills in jeopardy? then who do we turn around and blame? everyone but ourselves...

i love my people... but the majority are still sleeping and can't wake up... i'm wide awake and i see the big picture while most of us are still staring at the face of a clock tryna figure out what time it is...

never underestimate the power of an individual.... an individual black man performed the first heart surgery, invented the stoplight, and countless other daily inventions used throughout the world....

if you don't come away with anything elsefrom this at least leave with this ....you can't have "groups" without "individuals"... so ya whole argument about how you were talking about groups is null and void...

like i said... if an individual can influence a group then there is still no excuse for peoples complaints that someone is holding them back from achieving their goals... the problem is... ya hanging around the wrong individuals

CLICK DA SIGGY

Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 11:44 PM   #88
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
you keep saying that you are talking about groups, right?... so i posed the question... "Can an individual influence a group?"... your answer was yes...

now...

let's say we use myself as an example since you keep referring to my posts as talking about individuals... i, as an individual, have influenced some of my friends to do the right thing and get themselves together... they saw what i was doing with the tools that i had available and decided that they too could accomplish goals... i didn't necessarily have all the tools at my disposal... i had to find out a lot of info and do some research... the reason i did those things was because i was determined to live my life better than what my parents could do for me... i watched the mistakes they made and decided to take things into my own hands... nothing was "given" to me...

now... back to how you keep seperating individuals and groups...
if an individual can influence a group then why is it that when one of our own makes it we don't use that same influence to better ourselves?... instead we try and tear them down and bring them back down to a poverty level.. we make them out to be "lucky" instead of an individual who actually worked hard to get to where they are...

truth be told... it takes individuals to make a group... if we, as individuals, got together to help one another instead of wasting energy on blaming other folks we'd all be a lot better off... but you know how we do each other.... black on black crime... selling drugs in our own communities to the same people we say are victims of society (us)... robbing and killing each other... gangs... fighting over colors? c'mon man... there's no way you can say that anyone made you do these things.... as long as you have the ability to say no and the choice to do ya own thing there is no excuse for failure... ok... i can see if someone actually tried to make a difference and failed.. but to do actually jack shyt and then claim they a victim?... that's just bullshyt...

you can't help anyone who isn't willing to help themselves... as an individual you CAN make a difference... Martin Luther King made a difference... Rosa Parks made a difference... Hell, even Hitler made a difference (a negative one, but a difference nonetheless)

We've proven time and time again that we, as a people , can overcome the most adverse situations... why stop now? if we can make it through the Underground Railroad, Slavery, gaining our right to vote, and segregation then what makes getting a job and an education any harder?

The real problem is our lack of involvement when we see issues that need to be addressed. Nothing bothers us if it doesn't affect us directly... we have the metality that it's not our problem and we got all this great advice for everyone else... but when it's our time to step up we step back instead... we don't have that Black Panther mentality anymore... C'mon.... think about it... back in the day we used to march and protest and get our asses whooped for the things we believed in... we don't do that anymore... The million man March?.. that was weak... yeah, we showed up and listened to a few "individuals" speak... but what did we actually do as a group besides take a day off from work and put our bills in jeopardy? then who do we turn around and blame? everyone but ourselves...

i love my people... but the majority are still sleeping and can't wake up... i'm wide awake and i see the big picture while most of us are still staring at the face of a clock tryna figure out what time it is...

never underestimate the power of an individual.... an individual black man performed the first heart surgery, invented the stoplight, and countless other daily inventions used throughout the world....

if you don't come away with anything elsefrom this at least leave with this ....you can't have "groups" without "individuals"... so ya whole argument about how you were talking about groups is null and void...

like i said... if an individual can influence a group then there is still no excuse for peoples complaints that someone is holding them back from achieving their goals... the problem is... ya hanging around the wrong individuals

Do you not understand the whole mentality we adopted BECAUSE of where we were put is why things are the way they are? Like I said already, the worst fucking thing about the entire situation is not that all the bad shit is happening, but that we were PUT into a situation that we, and no fucking white people, have to fight out of 5000 times harder just to get to the same spot. That's not something you can deny, and that's not something that's fair and can be justified by saying "Well, fuck the big picture, if individuals try hard it'll all be just dandy." And like I said, just because there are some of us who can say no to situations that will just put us in places to fuck us up, a whole fucking lot can't and a whole fucking lot don't really have a choice in the end. For every one person you throw at me who made it out because they tried hard I can give you another who had to do certain things to keep themselves and their family alive, no? Just like you might think someone is just a fuck up and excuse maker because they blame a lot of their problems on shit they can't escape, they might think you just want to make yourself out to be some fucking miracle of God by saying you made it out. What makes your opinion more correct? I don't know anyone who sits around all day and just complains about how everything fucked up wasn't their fault, but I know a whole shitload of people who are trying hard as fuck but are still stuck in the same hood they have been in since they were kids all because of shit they could not control and was given to them simply because of the color of their skin.

Track of the week:

Old 06-20-06, 12:18 AM   #89
ILL GEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
Do you not understand 1...the whole mentality we adopted BECAUSE of where we were put is why things are the way they are? Like I said already, the worst fucking thing about the entire situation is not that all the bad shit is happening, but that 2...we were PUT into a situation that we, and no fucking white people, have to fight out of 5000 times harder just to get to the same spot. That's not something you can deny, and that's not something that's fair and can be justified by saying 3..."Well, fuck the big picture, if individuals try hard it'll all be just dandy." And like I said, just because there are some of us who can say no to situations that will just put us in places to fuck us up, a whole fucking lot can't and a whole fucking lot don't really have a choice in the end.

4...For every one person you throw at me who made it out because they tried hard I can give you another who had to do certain things to keep themselves and their family alive, no? Just like you might think someone is just a fuck up and excuse maker because they blame a lot of their problems on shit they can't escape, 5...they might think you just want to make yourself out to be some fucking miracle of God by saying you made it out. What makes your opinion more correct? I don't know anyone who sits around all day and just complains about how everything fucked up wasn't their fault, but 6...I know a whole shitload of people who are trying hard as fuck but are still stuck in the same hood they have been in since they were kids all because of shit they could not control and was given to them simply because of the color of their skin.

let's adress this by the numbers...

1..the key word in the first bolded statement is "adopted"... this means it was learned behavior... that's where education comes in... change ya way of thinking and you can change your way of living. i didn't adopt that mentality... i am my own person... if you are that easily influenced to let others control your way of thinking then you need to make sure that you are around positive people who will influence you to think more positively... even in the hood.

2... you can also PUT yaself in a position to be succesful... don't think for one minute that I think i have achieved success in my life... I'm still not done with my quest... but the "so-called man" won't be the one who stops me from getting what i want... a weak mind will... so i constantly feed myself with knowledge and positive outlooks, come up with a paln of action, and then execute

3... when did i ever say that?

4... they are still trying... that's my whole point... i was referring to those who don't do shyt and still complain... ya still getting my shyt twisted... this is what i mean about you not understanding me... read my last post again... i clearly stated that I understand that some people try and still fail... every plan ain't a good plan... that's why you gotta find the one that will work... focus on ya strengths and use themn to ya advantage... hell it's like when ya first start playing ball... you don't just automatically know how to do a cross-over... you gotta practice that shyt til you get it right

5... i never said i made it out.. but i did imply that i made it better... big difference... and i'm still tryna make it better... i'm still in the hood... i'm 770/404 all day everyday... but do i let the hood stop me from doing what i know is gonna be better for me and my fam?... hell nah... and i dare someone to try and take it from me or my family

6... i know a shitload of stuck people too... and it's mainly cuz they wanna do they same shyt they were doing AS kids... hang out... party all the time... sell drugs.... rob and steal... there comes a point where you gotta grow up... i know kats younger than me who are more succesful than I am and i basically watched them grow up... these are kats used to do the same shyt dudes my age are still doing... selling drugs... robbing people... but they grew up and found an alternative to that lifestyle... and again... i never said shyt was easy... let's get that straight...but shyt ain't necessarily as hard as everyone makes it out to be...

again .. the key is knowledge... did you know that you can be a homeowner without having any money whatsoever? the info is out there if ya look for it... what's so hard about going to a library and looking up info? it's all there... internet, magazines... millions of books... education is "the man's" worst enemy... the more we stay stupefied the more we gon stay exactly where we at

but yo... i feel what ya been saying... it may not be fair... but it is what it is... and our people have been through much worse... if you can't handle this then you need to go talk ya elders and give that old homeless dude we walk by everyday the utmost respect... cuz he's still here and he/she went through a lot of shyt to put us in a better position today

be easy man... and just think about it a lil more... i ain't tryna save the world or no shyt like that but we gotta make our people understand that the only way we gone come up as a people is with this simple philosophy... "Each one teach one"... this way all of us "individuals" can become one unified group with the same vision... a better life for all of us

CLICK DA SIGGY

Old 06-20-06, 12:42 AM   #90
Compose

IP: 1DFD D18B

go to sleep, all of you, especially you deph -_- dislo, and lmfao @ 9th
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus