RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-07, 04:17 PM   #76
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 53B1 A5EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 286
heres some things im confused abuot, the one dude said we celebrate lincon and washington....shouldnt black be celebrating lincon more so then mlk, cuz i mean after all lincon freed you and gave mlk a chance to get a damn education to do what he did....

and another thing, when the hell did i become a WHITE person.....im irish, and austrian....im not a fuckin color im an enithicity....and honestly i deserve the same rights as other enithicities do......and reading eairler about the whole we were slave two bit.....you know before they ventured to africa and used black people, "white" people were slaves too, you know they wern't made slaves just cuz they were black, it was cuz they werent as economically advanced as the british culture who then concured them and used them as slaves.....the black skin color was just propaganda used to help ease the unethical idea of owning another human being......so yea thats my 2 cents on that comment. n i agree with enygma....its the past im sorry i had an asshole great great grandfather......but deal with it. you have the opportunity to live your life just as normally as i live mine, so take it and stop complaining.....as for ghettos and you cant get out.....there are "white" people who cant get out too.....its not a color thing its a poor thing and i wish you the best of luck

haha i feel ya in all man...but all i can say is.....welcome to america
Old 01-24-07, 11:27 PM   #77
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
1. You call me a cracker because I'm a white man who doesn't like blacks. The same shit would apply to the term "nigger". Don't presume to think you know me. Not all white people are the same. What's not to say that I call you a nigger because you are a black man who doesn't like whites. And the reason you don't like whites, is because you deem them as racist towards your colour of skin. That could go back and forth for endless years so it ultimately is a pointless argument. Which is the point I was trying to make. What is so racist about the term "nigger" or "cracker". Nothing. It was what you have been led to believe. Its like if your past generations of black people got it into your head that calling you a fucking plum was racist, then you would believe it. Its all about perception of the word.

2. The Vice President of the Confederate States of America said that shit you just informed me of. Well, who cares? Is he the grand populous opinion. No he fucking isn't. That is the words of one person, not the entire world. How the fuck can one man presume to believe he can voice the reasons behind the actions of so many people? The fact is there has been white slaves, there has been black slaves. It has nothing to do with colour. It has to do with who was superior. The white race was superior back then, and they deemed the black race inferior not because of colour, but because of their living conditions, their way of life was just inferior. The white race just seized upon the black races downtrodden lives and capitalised upon it. They saw an opportunity to attain something that would make their lives easier, and they took it. Just like everyone else would, if their is a choice between the hard way or the easy way, its human nature to take the easy way.

3. Now, if you want to talk about racial profiling.... well, that is a piss poor argument if I've ever seen one. I've seen black people, white people, chinese people... all sorts of people suffer racial profiling. You act like its only fucking blacks that get it. You talk about all this shit when you walk into a store and get followed around. Hell, I'm white and that shit has happened to me numerous times. Its not the fact that you're black, its just the way a person perceives you. If they think you look suspicious, they will follow you. You, just like I said are basically looking for an excuse, a reason behind it and the first one that always comes to mind is racial profiling. And don't even get me started on the whole celebrity status shit... you look at music.. hip hop/rap in particular. The so-called "black people's music". That shit could be considered racist right there. Don't even think for a second that they had it tough, fuck man.... 90% of the rap/hip hop industry is fucking black people.

The fact is, as I've pointed out... you are looking for a fucking excuse. I'll admit that the black people have a somewhat tougher task in regards to certain apsects of life. You on the other hand act like everything is fucking harder for the black race and you automatically blame it on racism. That is bullshit. There are things that are harder for a white man, and things that are harder for a black man. That is life. The population is more white than it is black. That is fact. That is the reason why we are considered the dominant race. We are more in number, we are more in power because of our number. Fucking deal with it and stop bitching and making excuses.

1. Because the main reason nigger was developed was as a racially derogatory term towards blacks, for being black. Cracker was developed as a retort against being called a nigger or against any white person being racist. It's just that simple. Just because you don't want a word to mean something, doesn't mean it doesn't. You've been told by past generations that using curse words were bad (fuck, shit, bitch, ass) and that's what they became, they are not just any other word. I hope you can understand that.

2. One can believe he represented it because he was voted for by the people, the people who followed him fought and died in huge numbers for the cause by which he held the basis of their country to be. Notice how when the grand populous doesn't agree with the leader, they speak up and react against it (i.e. Bush) not die by the thousands every day? And yes, it was based upon color because it was still only about color years later, you know that whole segregation thing? Yeah, blacks only had inferior living conditions because the whites gave it to them, and even if they were on the same level, they'd be considered inferior. That is the basis of racism.

3. Of course I know blacks aren't the only ones, minorities as a whole are the ones who suffer. Times where you have been profiled it was because you were the minority for whatever reason. Would you honestly say to me that if a black guy and a white guy walked into the same store, wearing the same clothes, and behaving with the same demeanor they would get treated equally? Nope. That goes for any minority though, but HERE, we're talking about racial minorities and they injustices we suffer.

You know why hip-hop has mostly black people as the face of the culture? Because it was exploited to the point where all anyone wants to hear hip-hop talk about is violence. Don't even try telling me I'm wrong. Now, if violence is what's going to sell, who the fuck do the WHITE people running the industry put on the covers of the albums? The people they consider to be more believably violent............BLACK PEOPLE. Big fuckin surprise I know.

Now don't try to judge me and say I blame everything on racism, I blame things racism has caused on racism. If a white guy gets promoted before me, I don't think it's racist. If a white guy gets promoted before me and the manager throws mildly racist jokes at me all the time, then it's racism. There is a difference. Jokes about race being part of a large array of jokes isn't racist, but when someone only tells racist jokes you have to realize that there is obviously some inherent racism. Shit like that is why I notice more than others. You think I see everything as racism because I choose to notice racist tendencies and how it affects everyday life while you completely ignore it and think everything is equal. I practice racial conscientiousness not racial sensitivity.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 01-24-07, 11:42 PM   #78
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Smash'Alot
Every person who has posted in here is an idiot.

As long as were giving ANYBODY a month, no matter what month itll be racist. Because your STILL doing it cause of there color. Something like ethnicity, like a irish month, or a hispanic month, would be so different. Cause its a culture, not a color. You get a black month from your skin.

So by bitchin cause you "Get the shorter month" your trying to make yourself dominant.
Just live your life and do your thing, ignore your peers, and yes, your life will be better off.

1. Thats not what cracker means in ANY WAY, idiot

2. Black people had THEMSELVES enslaved in Africa before we bought them, sorry.

3. Its not "Racial" its a stereotype, if you didnt look like an idiot, you wouldnt be profiled

This is from wikipedia:
"According to the 1911 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica, "cracker" is a term of contempt for the "poor" or "mean whites," particularly of Georgia and Florida."

Now, to a black person, who is a mean white? A racist one. STFU.

2. I said the reason white's had black's enslaved. Africans who were enslaved usually lost a war to an opposing tribe, it had nothing to do with racism, and by that I mean they didn't say "Let's go take over the inferior tribe", they waged war and the loser was enslaved.

3. A stereotype........of blacks. Amazingly, that concerns race. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Track of the week:

Old 01-24-07, 11:53 PM   #79
Sobe.
haywut

Text Record: 2-1
IP: F448 BFDC

fuck i've seen this thread so many times

Send a message via AIM to Sobe.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 12:07 AM   #80
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 279C 786E

i really love black chicks....

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 01-25-07, 12:11 AM   #81
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 5338 849F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
1. Because the main reason nigger was developed was as a racially derogatory term towards blacks, for being black. Cracker was developed as a retort against being called a nigger or against any white person being racist. It's just that simple. Just because you don't want a word to mean something, doesn't mean it doesn't. You've been told by past generations that using curse words were bad (fuck, shit, bitch, ass) and that's what they became, they are not just any other word. I hope you can understand that.

2. One can believe he represented it because he was voted for by the people, the people who followed him fought and died in huge numbers for the cause by which he held the basis of their country to be. Notice how when the grand populous doesn't agree with the leader, they speak up and react against it (i.e. Bush) not die by the thousands every day? And yes, it was based upon color because it was still only about color years later, you know that whole segregation thing? Yeah, blacks only had inferior living conditions because the whites gave it to them, and even if they were on the same level, they'd be considered inferior. That is the basis of racism.

3. Of course I know blacks aren't the only ones, minorities as a whole are the ones who suffer. Times where you have been profiled it was because you were the minority for whatever reason. Would you honestly say to me that if a black guy and a white guy walked into the same store, wearing the same clothes, and behaving with the same demeanor they would get treated equally? Nope. That goes for any minority though, but HERE, we're talking about racial minorities and they injustices we suffer.

You know why hip-hop has mostly black people as the face of the culture? Because it was exploited to the point where all anyone wants to hear hip-hop talk about is violence. Don't even try telling me I'm wrong. Now, if violence is what's going to sell, who the fuck do the WHITE people running the industry put on the covers of the albums? The people they consider to be more believably violent............BLACK PEOPLE. Big fuckin surprise I know.

Now don't try to judge me and say I blame everything on racism, I blame things racism has caused on racism. If a white guy gets promoted before me, I don't think it's racist. If a white guy gets promoted before me and the manager throws mildly racist jokes at me all the time, then it's racism. There is a difference. Jokes about race being part of a large array of jokes isn't racist, but when someone only tells racist jokes you have to realize that there is obviously some inherent racism. Shit like that is why I notice more than others. You think I see everything as racism because I choose to notice racist tendencies and how it affects everyday life while you completely ignore it and think everything is equal. I practice racial conscientiousness not racial sensitivity.

1. Yeah, I'll agree with you on that. I have basically said the term "nigger" and "cracker" both only come across as how you have been led to perceive the words, much like every word in the English language basically. But, you look at the word "cracker" and go by definition alone which is a single-minded way to look at the term. You think that if a white guy is friends with a gang of black guys and he walks into a room with them and there are countless other black dudes in there, and they all go "here's the cracker" or "look at this snowflake" you don't think he gets hurt by that. Its not just the word itself, it is how it is being used. Its like, I have black friends... and I try not to drop the n-bomb, but a couple of times when I've been drunk I'll be like "that's my nigga" to him. He doesn't get offended, he just laughs it off because it isn't being used in a derrogatory way. The thing is with a lot of blacks, not necessarily you, but a lot hear the word "nigger" from a white person and automatically think it is racist. This is probably mostly down to the white race in general more often than not using the word in that manner. But, you can't really be accusing everyone of being racist if they say the word just because of past generations using it in that manner all the time. I only get annoyed that a white person is forbidden to use that word or any other similar to it in definition, whereas a black guy can have free range with the words "cracker" "honkey" "snowflake" and get away with it.

2. Ok right, people followed him and fought for him and his beliefs. Now that could be put down to people being sheep. I'm sure the first few hundred, thousand or whatever believed in his cause on their own right. But, all it takes is enough people to follow something, and then the sheep come and start following it because everyone else is and they don't want to be outcasts of society for going against it. That is why stuff like that can get a massive following and only a few with enough courage will fight against it. But, ultimately, the few will be wrong because they are outweighed by the many. That right there is just another case of people believing what they've been told and not choosing to look at it from their own perspective.
Me, I'm one who firmly believes that slavery is fucking gay and what the white race did back then was an atrocity. But, again, everytime a racial debate comes up between whites and blacks now, the slavery card is always thrown into the mix like it was us of todays generation that enslaved your ancestors. Slavery is a thing of the past, it had everything to do with the racial shit from back then, but it was abolished. So it has no impact on racial shit at present with todays youth unless they have had it drilled into their heads from their parents, who had it from their grandparents etc...etc. Once again, people are digging into the past to try and make excuses for their troubles today.

3. Exactly. Everyone can be put in the minority at some point. But the thing is, if a black guy and white guy walk into the store with nothing separating them but colour of skin.... maybe the black guy will get treated poorly. Maybe the white guy will get treated poorly. It all depends on the people inside the store really. I can put this down to personal experience. I've been into a store up in Birmingham with a couple of black dudes... and this is a store that sells American Clothing Lines that you would see the stereotypical black guy wearing. I walk in, and what happens... I get all the fucking wierd looks and one guy even told me I was in the wrong fucking store and I needed to go down to fucking preppy clothing stores. What the fuck is that if not a direct racial comment based on my skin colour.

Now, I'm not trying to judge you. I didn't mean you in general blame everything on racial profiling and shit. I was speaking in particular about a lot of black people who do blame every bad hand they get dealt on racism. There are those who tough it out and take what life gives them and fight back against it and earn their way. I'm sure a lot of black people's problems in life do come down to racism, but not all. And its not like it ain't the same for other people. Everyone is judged by the way they look, its called first impressions and all... if the person judging is a close minded prejudicial ass-hat then, well... I guess it sucks. But not everyone is like that. Everyone has it bad, thats life. It is unfair and a bitch. I can appreciate all races trials and tribulations, problems in life and that shit. But I just don't like it when they make a big deal about it and act like its all about them, they are being discriminated against, the world hates them because of their colour of skin, religion, upbringing, general appearance.

But, I can feel you on all of your opinions. I just have my own. So I guess we can just agree to disagree.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 12:38 AM   #82
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Dope. I was hoping I wouldn't have to reply again anyways. =/

Track of the week:

Old 01-25-07, 12:41 AM   #83
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 5338 849F

Lol, word. That was some hard typing.

Ah, well... its still nice to have a meaningful, intellectual conversation with somebody on here once in a while.... without it breaking down into "your gay, i would beat on you if i ever saw you.. fuck you, lets beef until we realise we look like losers" shit.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 06:25 AM   #84
strobe

IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sin
It's like this..... There's a MArtin Luther King Day Right...... Lincoln n Washington got days also.... N you give tha peaceful one his own day becasue he didnt wanna kill ya'll or move out the country..... if you really wanna make black people happy give Malcom X his own day...

You gave us Black History Month... In Feb. that's that shortest month ever..... want us to be happy bout that.. Give us a month like July or sumthin....

This is sarcasm right? About having Black History Month in February and it being the shortest month. According to Wikipedia, February was chosen because of the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Lincoln, two men who had great influence on black history. And the guy who chose it was Carter Godwin Woodson, a black man. So it's not like some guy randomly picks a month and says this a month we celebrate ______. It actually has significance.

If you want a longer month, you should go to the UK, where they celebrate theirs in October, so you'll get your 31 days. I'm too lazy to do my research, but I'm wondering why they celebrate it. That paragraph in Wikipedia about how Morgan Freeman says he doesn't want a black history month because he believes that as long as people keep on identifying themselves by skin color there will always be racism, is so true. One day in the distant future, everyone will be the same color and racism will be no more. It'll get there eventually.. didn't you see the Matrix? Then people will just argue about religion
Old 01-25-07, 08:10 AM   #85
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 6BD1 CE02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindstate
just decided ta post this because it's true..i didnt write this so dont go pointing the finger at me but it has a real good point freal and i know this is gonna bring up lots of discussion but i dont care its just another race thread posted for the 50 millionth time lol

you call me "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Gringo" and you think it's OK.

...But when I call you Kike, sand nigger, rag head ,Towelhead, WOP, Camel Jockey, Gook, nigger, slant eyes or Chink you call me a racist.

-You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this

So what? no one will re post this for fear of being called racist

white people already have all this shit you dumbass

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 08:28 AM   #86
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: 53B1 A5EC

logic for president....
Old 01-25-07, 01:08 PM   #87
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

tonytone who you calling a dumbass i didnt type it up i just copyed n' pasted from a myspace bulliten.
Old 01-25-07, 01:19 PM   #88
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindstate
tonytone who you calling a dumbass i didnt type it up i just copyed n' pasted from a myspace bulliten.

But you said it brought up a good point and that you agree with it.

Track of the week:

Old 01-25-07, 01:50 PM   #89
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

^^^will think bout it...i mean what in there do we have that aint considred racist
Old 01-25-07, 02:25 PM   #90
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread? I mean like, did you read ANY posts in this thread other than yours?

Track of the week: