RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-03, 08:55 AM   #76
wogzta

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F593 BC52

lol some nice views here... ^ but i can easily rebut this ^.....

consider eminems story...dad left, mom was crackhead, HE HAD A JOB BUT IT WAS SHIT becoz he simply wasnt smart enough...u can try as much as u want to be good at school but if ur not smart then u aint smart...so he ended up having a crap job.... his wife gave birth to a daughter, and then they broke up... = single dad with a young girl and a low wage job with no family assistance since his uncle died and his mom hates him.... can he "quit that bullshit?" dont think so....so he doesnt really have much choice...how the fuck are you supposed to succeed in a ghetto in the "normal (good job etc.) way"? to make money u need money...and money is sumthing u dont have in the ghetto, so u cant afford to go to college or uni or anythin...so there u go, u want cash, u either rap or sell drugs...boo ha
Old 08-26-03, 01:04 PM   #77
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

^^Which brings me to my second point of materialism and how people need to stop doing anything just to get a little extra cash in their wallet.
But since you practically explained that already, I won't have to say anything.

Now......
Look at it this way....

You sell drugs to make money, but obviously somebody has to get that money to pay for the drugs. So that person robs a store or mugs a few people and gets his money that way to buy the drugs. Eventually, that store is going to go out of business because they are losing more cash then they are making due to robberies. There goes a few jobs right there. And then the neighborhood starts to get a rep of it being a bad neighborhood, and no chain store is going to open up in that store's place because they don't want to be constantly robbed.
There goes work right there.

I'm saying that people are participating in gangs and having their little beefs that are solved with drive by shootings, and for what? What do they get out of it? A little congratulations from a fellow gang member and a tallyboard of mortal sins? And these people also are the ones bitching about how they HAVE to do illegal shit just to survive. No they don't. They don't have to do that. They can find a job and work hard and work their way up the company social scale.

I don't care if it is a shit job or not. Work hard enough and eventually you will be able to move up. Work more than one job if you have to.

I'm just tired of people saying how bad it is in the ghetto when they don't realize that they are participating in it and are causing it to be that way. Fucking change it. Make money by fucking working like everyone else does.

And for the statement of "quitting bullshit," let me clarify. I meant that these people need to quit this gnagsta bullshit and stop killing eachother and participating in criminal activities. That bullshit. Do these gang rivalries and shootings and drug dealings hold any real significance in the grand scheme? No. They are acting like children, fighting over whether or not you got me in a game of tag.

Off topic, but I would also love to know why people bash middle class suburbia residents because they have worked and succeeded to make a good amount of money, but then back up artists like Jay-Z who make millions to say a few words on a commercial.

Last edited by MuhThugga : 08-26-03 at 01:07 PM.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-03, 09:56 PM   #78
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: AB09 B5F8

^^^Becasue Jay-Z didn't START OFF making millions to say a few words on a commercial.....He hustled his way to that spot by grindin' from the 'hood. Poeple with the same background can relate to him, and wanna be like him becasue he "Made it".

Just like biggie say.'I went from nasty, ashy to classy"....most suburdanites didn't have to start as low from the totem poll to get to the top so you have no 'stuggle' to your success...bottom line you ain't been through no rought shit.....and if you did thats where the street respect comes from....

Bang On The Table Productions
Old 08-26-03, 10:00 PM   #79
DEL the funkee

IP: DB9F 8B2C

Yes.

You people still dont understand.

Its not about "Street respect" or whatever, Its great yall can relate to what the artist are going through.

But this isnt a drama movie, so fuck the emotions.

Its about making good music.

I dont understand whats so great about liking a artist that "runs n guns" or pimps or fuckin whatever, but SUCKS musically.

Ill take good music anyday.

Thank you.
Old 08-27-03, 07:06 AM   #80
wogzta

IP: 458F 5C66

i guess the people who started all this ghetto "crap" as u say didnt really have to do all that shit...but nowadays people in the ghetto cant really help it unless they are lucky or have sum extrodinary intelluctual talent..... if u could barely feed your children and urself or keep your house cos u cant pay the rent, im willin to bet my life that u would rob a store to keep of the streets lyk a homeless person...
Old 08-27-03, 12:31 PM   #81
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

Huh Muhh, you sound so fuckin stupid...soo fuckin nieve. You have the slightest clue at what goes on in the hood. WHY, things go on in the hood. You got it twisted soo bad, you have no Idea wtf your talking about. It's like me, spittin knowledge on Korean culture. I don't know shit about them, and I would look like a jack ass talking about it. You sound like a bigot, you are truly ignorant, and you have no idea how many toes your stepping on. Life is hard man, you probably ain't mad it off ya moms titty yet.
You say stupid shit like we're killing each other over graffiti tags. What stupid ass movie did you get that shit from?

let me run it down, and clear up you misconceptions, so that you may see how stupid you sound.

Most hoods are broken up into different gang territories, Why? these territories is where they sell dope. To mark the bouderies, they do graffiti. As in this is where we make our money, you can't sell here. They will sometimes have some of the members names, maybe the governers, cheifs, and lieutenants<--different ranks. To cross out one of their names means that you want to kill them. For whatever reason you may have (trying to takeover, beef, disrespect), I don't know of anyone who does that shit anymore, basically it's SOS<--shoot on site.
Now, *why don't we get off our asses and work*, lol is like the #1 "I'm white, and ignorant" Quote of all times. Let me break down some aspects of RACISM for you, and why we don't get off our asses. lol
1. Besides the Arabs and Koreans, there are no businesses in the hood. And they ain't soft neither man. They got shotguns and Magnums behind the counter, they want you to try somethin I believe. They'll talk to you anyway they want, and you can't do nothing about it.
2.If you don’t have credit, you can’t get credit. A lot of us was never schooled on credit and checkbooks and shit
3.Most people in the hood don't have both parents, and it's hard for a single parent to raise a perfect child in the middle of all the hell.
3. How would you feel, if you went to 10 job interviews, and none of them hired you? The only people that will fuck with you is McDonalds, Burger king, Walmart, and the gas station, cause your Black. You start off making five dollars and fifteen cents an hour, so let’s calculate.
If they give you a full time position, you will make about $421 dollars, $271 after good ole Uncle Sam who loves you very much takes his cut. So that’s $542 dollars a month, (and that’s IF you get a full time position). Okay what’s rent $525 dollars a month. So what happened to food in shit. What happened, to the light bill, gas bill, water bill? Yeah that leaves you in the negative dawg. How can you feed your kids in the negative? How can you send them to college? How can you build…when you in the negative. You better not get sick or in an accident, cause you don’t have an insurance plan. Hey, Welfare will give you $400 in food stamps, and up to $425, a month, and give you a medical card for you and your children, so why degrade yourself, by working at a place where they don’t respect you, and fire a new person every week?

But $425 a month is still not enough, so you need a hustle. Everybody in the hood got a hustle. Now when I say hustle, your probably thinking drug dealing. But thast only because your ignorant, can’t blame you, your white. A hustle is anything that can make you money on the side that Uncle Sam can’t touch. Examples, a lot of chicks do hair, some people bootleg CD’s, some dudes will fix things in ya crib. Some niggas work on cars. Some people boost clothes and sell them to the hood at discounted prices. But the only lucrative fast money making hustles is drug dealing. You gotta holla at chief for that, cause if you set up without permission…fuck with his money, and they will deal with you. That’s where you get drive-bys, and gang violence, by disrespecting someone, or their family or their money.
We wanna look fly too, how would you feel if you had no chance of ever enjoying the pleasures of the finer things. Pretty girls won’t talk to you, cause you share clothes with your family. So yeah some of us sell our soul to the devil just to shine, to be the man to be appreciated and looked up to at least once. To put real food on the table and be the hero of your family. So when we do get there, we wanna show off to everybody because it’s amazing to have a gold chain, when a while ago, YOU or anybody around you could barely pay the rent.
So now you see some of the origins of hip-hop, cause through all the bad times, and fucked up shit that happens, we are still going to have fun. We are going to rock, our clothes in a style that you would wanna copy. We’re gonna create new slang for you to feel cool saying.That’s what hip-hop is derived from. Niggas was in the park jackin electricity from the street light to have a party. To relieve our stresses, sorta like the blues…

So before you open you stupid ass mouth again, make sure you know what’chu talking about.
Old 08-27-03, 01:21 PM   #82
kool-killa

IP: 540D A1C3

^^^^thats so fuckin true...............

i use to sell herbs, and burnt cds......**ducks copywrite officers**

iam still fuckin broke tho~
Old 08-27-03, 01:26 PM   #83
kool-killa

IP: 540D A1C3

^^^wasnt this supposed to be a canibus discussion anyway???

yeah the man is fuckin sick with it..........
Old 08-27-03, 02:47 PM   #84
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 999D 6683

Quote:
Originally posted by DEL the funkee
Yes.

You people still dont understand.

Its not about "Street respect" or whatever, Its great yall can relate to what the artist are going through.

But this isnt a drama movie, so fuck the emotions.

Its about making good music.

I dont understand whats so great about liking a artist that "runs n guns" or pimps or fuckin whatever, but SUCKS musically.

Ill take good music anyday.

Thank you.

^^^See thats were you not understanding the bigger picture, IT's more than about making good music, talent is only half of it......

If you want to have fans...you have to have poeple who connect to you, who dig your personality or feel your thoughts are like they are. You mean to tell me after all the shit R. Kelly went through, he debuted at platinum the first week just cuz of music?...You mean to tell me 50 cent had on of the most common hip-hop songs ever because of just music, you tellin' me Pac's all Eyez on me" is still moving units and is currently at 10 mil 'cuz of just music. ....

Look at ya boi in your sig there, if it was just music then he'd be on poeples list with Primo, The Clones, and Timbo..but it's goes deeper than that...RJD2 don't have THAT SOUND. ANd yes I've heard his shit before, The Deadringer album and alot of the shit he did with Copywrite. He a lacks that certain rhythem and knock to it where a nigga be like.."YHea thats whats up"....That ghetto thump, that shit is very important in a hip-hop sound...I just using him as an example because you gotta connect with the hood to be 'In the hip-hop circle" anything other than that is when we start calling ya'll backpack, alternative, nerd rap, white boy rap, spaceship shit any other type of musical slur you wanna name..becasue ya'll tryin' and make the shit textbook, when it's souposed to be soul music...ya'll tryin to hard, man.....

Saying how dope, cats like Slug, and Atmosphere, MF Doom and all them mu'fuckas are don't mean shit if the votes are coming from Minnesota, Dakota, Miane and shit like that in middle america..in the heart of the hood is where it matters, this is where it startes and ends at..And I acually like Eyedea, I think he is a good freestyle/battler but I heard his albums and that shit did not connect to my soul...that shit was lame amd boring...

And a note to MR. Legend you brining up some good points, joe. ANd I feel you, but I know from experience going back and forth on here ain't gonna do no good with these cats and they just stuck in they false reality....Just like you say, it's like how I look like telling a mexican how it's is to be mexican... Alot of poeples remarks on here is just as vauge is the Klansmen themselfs, and the problem is ya'll don't even realize it...At least the KKK KNOW they stereotypical and bigot....

Bang On The Table Productions

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 08-27-03 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-27-03, 05:40 PM   #85
BLACK FLAME

IP: C1DA C961

D-dizzle and MR. LEGEND Why arugue? they just wont understand. I'm not saying I bring glory to the street life but some of you don't know what people that live and/or lived in the ghetto been through. They don't know sometimes you have almost no other choices but to sell drugs or maybe join a gang. I don't need to explain it ether. What kills me is the total lack of knowledge about the streets. Do you think we put the drugs and guns on the street? Ever hear about the Secert War? No. Is it our fault when you call the cops in the city they take forever to get over there? No. WTF tell me if the cops don't come in time when someone is after you WTF are you suppose to do? Stand there and get fucking shot? Is it our fault there are crooked cops looking to make a extra buck and sell drugs to drug dealers? No. Is it our fault that the penial system is made to make minorites go to jail for longer periods of time and are harsher towards us? Did you ever fucking wonder why if you get caught with cocaine in the powder form the penailty is less severe that when it's made into crack rocks? Did you ever wonder why the lottery was made legal? Some of you (Even many minorities) don't even begin to understand the deepness of why the streets are the way they are.

Last edited by BLACK FLAME : 08-27-03 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-27-03, 05:51 PM   #86
BLACK FLAME

IP: C1DA C961

BTW I can see why some of you think the way you do but don't sit here and act like your a expert on something you don't know much about.
Old 08-27-03, 06:05 PM   #87
kgm
Have A Nice Day!

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 1E93 DF20

Quote:
Originally posted by MR. LEGEND
Now when I say hustle, your probably thinking drug dealing. But thast only because your ignorant, can’t blame you, your white.

That just made you sound like the most ignorant fuck on this site. Fucking loser.
Old 08-27-03, 06:16 PM   #88
MR. LEGEND

^^explain^^
It's the truth...you gotta admit, you didn't know some of that shit now did you. and I'm far from losing, as you can tell I'm young good looking, and like Bambi's mama, I got a lil doe. [Copyright 2003 MR. LEGEND DO NOT USE WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AFOREMENTIONED]
Old 08-27-03, 06:21 PM   #89
kgm
Have A Nice Day!

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 1E93 DF20

You come across with an attitude like "only black people live in the ghetto, and only black people have divorced parents, and only black people had fucked up childhoods, and only black people got to hustle in order to make it." What the fuck do you know that goes on outside of your ghetto, I grew up in a ghetto that was full of Mexicans, do you think that the same shit didn't go on there, survival is a human trait not a black trait.
Old 08-27-03, 06:44 PM   #90
MR. LEGEND

Yeah, but this discussion stemmed from Hip-Hop, hip-hop did come from the ghetto. Did you read anything Black Flame said, all of the black folks that agreed with me? I'm not makin this shit up, you hear "Blacks have longer jail sentences, than whites", and you think that's bullshit. But let me explain it, then maybe you'll understand:

White man get caught with a bag of coke, black man get caught with a bag of coke. White man calls someone to bail him out, calls HIS lawyer, and is guilty with intent to use. The white man is sentenced to 1 year probation. The black man may have to sit in jail till his court date. You can sit in the holding cell for only a limited time before you get shipped to county. And county ain't no fun...I heard. OK OK let's say someone bails the black man out, they put up the thousand bucks (same as the white man). He doesn't have a lawyer, and the public defender doesn't give a hot piece of shit what happens to you. So he'll tell you shit like, you can't win with this, and tries to make a deal with the prosecuter. The judge will give that man time in the clink, and not think about it.

I don't know what it is, but if you go to court with a lawyer, the out come is so much better. All they do is make deals with the prosecuter.

You see, and the coke could've been planted on the black man. The cops will frame anybody out in the hood if they have a criminal at large. Snatch you up and say this the dude that was doin all those robberies. And then what, you don't have a lawyer, and you fightin for your freedom.

Hard times man...misery loves company, when you in a conversation and someone, and you like yeah yeah I feel you I know what'chu saying what you going through". That's what gangsta rap is....