RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-03, 06:59 PM   #91
kgm
Have A Nice Day!

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1E93 DF20

First, I never disagreed with anything you just posted, second I highly doubt that you could explain anything worthwhile to me, and third nothing that you just posted at all explains why you make comments like "you're white so you dont get, or, your ignorant, but its okay, cause your white." One could also say that it is a class issue as much as it is a race issue. OJ is a fucking murderer, but a rich one, and where is he? If you have the cash, it doesn't matter what color you are.
Old 08-27-03, 07:31 PM   #92
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

Give me a fucking break, Mr. Legend.......

"But thast only because your ignorant, can’t blame you, your white"
^^You call me an ignorant biggot making statements like that?

Like KGM said, you act as though blacks are the only people that live in the ghetto. You make it sound like black people are the only ones with fucked up lives. You make it sound like no black man on the face of the earth will ever get representation in court. To you, a black family in suburbia is unheard of.

My two best friends are black. They used to live in the ghetto. They rented a house down in Delaware next to my grandparents and that is where I befriended them. They now reside in a neighborhood off of 40 and are doing pretty well. They didn't sell drugs. They didn't join gangs. They didn't rob any stores. Their parents fucking worked their asses off and made some money. So don't even come after me with that I don't know what I'm talking about bullshit. My uncle is a cop, and he has told me about people getting killed because they painted over another gang members graf tag. It's not from a fucking movie, it is fucking real. Do you realize that former gang members volunteer their time and work to paint and remove gang marks to reduce some of the bloodshed?
I don't care what you really think about me. Call me a racist. Call me a biggot. Call me an ignorant whiote spoiled fuck. I don't care. The point in the matter is that these people need to stop abandoning all hope and get out there and find a fucking job.

You speak as though you are the posterboy for the ghetto. Here's another fucking idea, you can't go to trial without representation. The court will provide you a lawyer if you don't have one. You can thank Gideon for that.

You are guilty of the same crime you accuse me of. You don't know jack shit about suburbia. The world does not revolve around the ghetto, more importantly, you and your problems.

What if everyone just stopped to think for a minute. Just one minute, a consecutive 60 seconds, everyone stopped to think together. What would result of it? Would people realize that the shit they have been doing is unimportant, insignificant?
Would they all stop and just say, "No"?

I'll tell you what, there would be absolutley no crime, no spending, no killings, no nothing. It would be as though time stood still. Maybe then people would realize that we only live on this earth for a short amount of time, and that the social problems can be fixed with cooperation.

You act as though the ghetto is fucking out of control and nothing can be done to help it. Is it that it is out of all hope, or that you people don't care enough to do something about it?

All it takes is a little cooperation and patience.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-03, 07:35 PM   #93
BLACK FLAME

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 4577 CD9A

He makes a good point with the social class theory. It's true that the higher your social class/more money you make the less important ethnicity becomes.

BTW MR LEGEND saying he's ignorant of it just because he's white is stereotypical thing to say.

KGM read my last post and that just touches the surface on why the streets are the way they're.

To the main topic at hand I do think underground heads can make tracks that come from the soul. Most people that dismiss the tracks are people that don't compeletly understand where these artist are coming from. I find the opposite true as well, commerical heads can make meaningful cd's but the people that dismiss them are usally people who don't know where they coming from at all. That's why we have both undergrond and commerical so everyone can get something they like from hip-hop. That's why I love hip-hop it covers so much almost anyone can be moved by it.
Old 08-27-03, 07:48 PM   #94
BLACK FLAME

IP: 4577 CD9A

BTW MuhThugga I don't know if you're talking to me or mr legend but all I know Is I lived and the city and I got out and I never sold drugs or joined a gang but I could see why someone would. The ghetto is not what the whole world is about but to a person that knows nothing but that that's what they're world is about. I lived in the surburbs for a few years and I can honestly tell a little from both side of life. You must know this though, if we don't consistantly let the world know how the ghetto is how the hell is it going to change? Minorities do not have the voting power to ratify the laws that need to be made to fix the shit. I agree not everyone in the city ghetto is doing there best to make it a better place but can you blame them to much? They're many things holding minorites back some people just feel trapped. That's no excuse but still. If you're not good at a sport or have brains it's hard to get out the ghetto. My dad is one of the most hard working persons I know. He works 2 jobs and he's still in the middle of the fucking shit hole. No he doesn't do drugs or run with gangs just a average person trying to get a peice of the pie.
Old 08-27-03, 10:59 PM   #95
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

^^And I respect your dad for that. I understand where you are coming from but Mr. Legend is coming with this "Abandon all hope, woe to the black man, you racist, ignorant white fuck" attitude......

I'm just saying that a little cooperation goes a long ways, and that if people want the change then they will do something to make it change.

I know that the minorities don't have an excellent voice, but Hell, MLK led the Civil Rights Movement, the African Americans spoke out then, why can't those that live in the ghetto speak out now?

Change has been done before.

It just pisses me off when a black person accuses me of owning slaves and being a racist when I have never participated in either, and they feel that I owe them something for "their ancestor's troubles." So they sit on their ass and expect the world to be handed to them.
It also erks me to hear people complain about how hard the ghetto is, and then glorify how they participate in illegal activities. I'm just saying, stop committing the crimes and maybe, just maybe, some things will turn around.

You and my friends are prime examples that you don't need to sell drugs to make money. You just need to work hard.

Things can be done. People just can't limit themselves. And they will have to want the change bad enough to do something about it.
Old 08-28-03, 05:39 AM   #96
TeraRhymes

IP: 5BFA A4DF

hmm... bis is sick no fuckin doubt.... i actually like his style... oh yeah as far as the beef with em IT STARTED CUZ bis thot EM GHOST WROTE THE LL DISS TOWARDS HIM and also em refused to do a track with bis cuz he wasnt feelin the beat.... << reason why they got beef
Old 08-29-03, 11:45 PM   #97
wogzta

IP: 1829 8F7C

^ hey thanks for that, i was wonderin where the beef started.... i thought bis just felt sorry for Stan or sumthing
Old 09-02-03, 01:53 PM   #98
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

No it's not WOe the black man, and your a racist, it's you lack of respect for our culture man. I try to explain but YOU STILL DON't hear my point. You bash gangster rap, like it just isn't valid, for inner city blacks to tell their story. You'll take their styles of clothing or their slang, but you would dissmiss them and the problems they have. You look at it like we're glorifing it, thats cause your ignorant. (when I say ignorant, meaning having no knowledge of what you speak about).

Hey have you noticed Dr. King, Malcom X, Huey P (Black Panthers), ain't here no more? Do you think that shit was a coincidence, all of our leaders set up and Murdered? Now we go

As for our ancestors, when we were freed, we was hundreds of years behind whites. We didn't have any jobs, we didn't have any homes, discriminated against.we could barely talk right (sound familiar). While, whites were going to college building busnesses capitalizing from recostruction. For generations, we were slaves and knew nothing else. I mean we had to sneak to learn how too read and shit. And you wonder why we are so far behind? What have we ever had to work with? When we get something together, and start a little unity, (ie the civil rights movement), we get shot down. You can' deny discrimination, you can't just say "it doesn't matter!", cause it's HERE, and you don't feel it WE do.

Shit, when you get pulled over, do the police search you and degrade your father. have y'all standing on the side of the road with two police cars, and they smackin your dad around disrespecting him, calling a nigger and asking him wheres the dope at. Can you even imagine that, the humility? No you can't, and you never even went looking for it, cause it's not in your face.

It's takes hella perseverance to raise someone positive within HELL, to raise a rose from concrete (ever heard of that?). You gotta keep your seed, away from everything the "powers that be" has dumped in the hood. You have to gettem past, the images of sex, past the drugs which offer only a temporary escape from everyday pains, you have to instill pride, Yeah, we can't get any jobs worth shit, but heh it's the right thing to do. Past the dealers riding in shit that costs more than your apartment building, telling you "you can have this, if you wasn't fucking with that bullshit job",

See you don't know that shit, you never thought to look cause it DOESN'T EFFECT YOU.

When you go to a job interview, you talk normal (to them), maybe ya parents gave some tips. Well if ya moms NEVER had a job, NEVER finished school, htf is she gonna teach you that shit.

They're better at sweeping it under the rug nowadays.

Now back to my point, hey if you like corny-bus that's cool. Cause you can relate to "twice the speed of 2 pentium chips". Shit, alot of us can relate to that, we don't even care about that shit. Some of us rather hear about people things going on around us...
Old 09-02-03, 09:52 PM   #99
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

You are so stuck on this idea that the white man owes you the world due to your ancestor's mistreatment that cotton balls are pouring out of your ass.

Now shut up and go pick my cottonfields.

Racist enough for you?
Old 09-03-03, 01:05 AM   #100
MR. LEGEND

IP: 399E F0FD

You see boys and girls...you see how racism can make you ignorant and stupid? I'm tryin hard to explain to this dumb muh'fuckah why things are the way they are, and this is all they could come up with?

^^this is why there will always racism, instead of saying "oh, I understand now, maybe we should try...", this jack ass tells me to pick his cotton fields. lol I shoulda listened to Black Flame.

It's a shame, we'll remain in the ghetto's and his grandson will be telling my grandson the same thing on this very site....sickening

WHy don't you go tell Mos Def that shit, or any black man in person, bet he gaybash your stupid ass...lol
Old 09-03-03, 06:03 AM   #101
Otherwordz
Banned: Compromised Account

IP: C1DA C961

^^^yo man...stop thinkin' that the white man is out to oppress you...this ain't the 50'z and 60'z where racism is prominant in our society...I admit...there is some discrimination going on...but y'all brought that upon yaselvez with all the hatred spreding through the ghettos infesting our communtiez...and black people ain't the only onez that are the blunt of discrimination...every race goez through it one way or another...like a white man in a part of Africa that's not British would go through discrimination...even a white man walking through a ghetto in America would go through it...I'm not racist but black people are usually the 1st onez to say that they are discriminated against because of some shit that happened decades ago...while in the meantime they are the most prejudiced one'z of all the racez...you don't hear Latino'z and Asianz babbling on about how they are oppressed and they all had it just as bad as blacks did...so if the criminalz of the black community stop committing crimez then maybe blacks wouldn't have a bad name like they do...but like I stated above...these dayz...all the prejudice against you...you brought upon yaself...there are educated black men just as there are educated white, Spanish,and Asian men...look at Colin Powell...you think if America was as racist as y'all claim we were then we would have a black secretary of state??????
Send a message via AIM to Otherwordz Send a message via Yahoo to Otherwordz   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 07:49 AM   #102
prophiit

IP: 9B33 081B

sigh..............canibus is okay.....he has some ill lyrics but i'm just not a fan. RAP came from the streets..true enough however HIP HOP is a culture aka a mixture of people and ideals.....both sides make valid points someone who never lived in the ghetto will never see things the way a person who lives it everyday will..."whites" see things differently than "blacks" and "browns".
the beauty of hip hop is we all embrace these elements to create an entirely new universe of thought...........canibus is not a nerd he is a genius........literally.......not every street cat is gonna feel the way he feels or express themselves in the manner he does...."gangsta rap" does not shit on "concious rap" they are just two different forms of expression. expand your thought process ALL OF YOU......think in new ways and try to see the other side of the mirror....too often we are trapped in a sense of "my world is all that matters" and forget other people have other experiences and perceptions of life.........how can you hope to grow as both and emcee and a person if you cannot open yourself up to new things.............."you must learn to look before you can really see"..........most of us will not live to see a world devoid of discrimination but if we start now learning to understand and accept varying points of view maybe one day the generation that achieves this great success will look back and say "hey, they paved the way for our current happiness" wouldn't that be much nicer than listening to another 200 some odd years of bickering on such a small thing as skin color and social class? 1
Old 09-03-03, 10:21 AM   #103
The Syndicate
Banned

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 22ED 1BB0

canibus isn't a nerd he jus tapped in the head..........................he's a lyrical genius n has the flow to match..............fuk it he is a nerd most of tha time
Old 09-03-03, 11:41 AM   #104
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

Out of the paragraphs of shit I spit on here, the only thing yall hear is that we think yall owe us something? I bet yall got an F in reading comprehension, huh. Matter of fact you probably didn't even read it. I explained WHY, things are the way they are. And you hit me back with some stop crying shit.

We got a right to be hostile, my people've persecuted. Black folks prejudice? C'mon, what the fuck is that keeping you from doing. Ohhhhh, you can't go in the ghetto, why the fuck would you want to go to the ghetto? I might step in your lilly white suburb, and the POLICE, will fuck with me and throw me in the clink.
The difference is, you happen to have the same kind of face that the police have, you have the same face of the man that rejected the loan and skipped over me for my promotion twice. Why wouldn't have an attitude for that shit? I go to your hood, and get fucked up for my skin color.
Owe? C'mon get real, if I had a nickle for everytime we take a loss TODAY, I would be rich beyond belief!
Everytime they pull me over, cause I GOTTA BE SLANGIN, cause my car is better than theirs.
I used to hoop in the burbs, and the white people would be pissed, and yell racial slurrs at me, and I didn't do anything. They eventually took the hoop down cause it was "looking bad".
I'm talking about TODAYS infractions, such as the one up above.I'm talkin about the 42 bullets fired into an unarmed man. I'm talking about thousands of police brutalities, and harrassments.

See it's impossible for you to even get a inkling of an ideal of wtf I'm talking about. That's why you blow it off like "it ain't that bad, and get over". If somebody smacks you in your face, and leaves a handprint on your face, can you just "get over it". No, you want to do, or something done about it. I didn't get smacked, my face isn't swolen, and marked, so htf can I tell you to get over when I'm not the one feelin it.

I love this hip-hop thing, it's helping us take over. Every where you look it's hip hop. Clothing, slang, dance, and music has infiltrated everything, and I'm cool with anybody down with it. Gangster rap nerd rap, rock/rap, it's AG wit me. It's plain amusing to see somebody name "Muhthugga", to tell me "go pick some cotton".

Let me let you in on a little secret, your own kind is prejudice against you for being hip hop. They call it acting black....
Old 09-03-03, 07:48 PM   #105
Otherwordz
Banned: Compromised Account

IP: C1DA C961

^^^for ya info...I ain't a white boy...I'm a mix between Puerto Rican,Filipino and white so you can't tell me shit about persecution...one time my mom'z white aunt told her husband to shoot my father with a shotgun...why?????? because he ain't white...and I was raised in Crown Heights BK so you can't tell me shit about my "lilly white suburb"...I been in every angle possible...from being called a Spic, a cracker,and a chink...in other wordz...you can't tell me shit about ya persecution...save ya whining for someone who carez...
Send a message via AIM to Otherwordz Send a message via Yahoo to Otherwordz   Reply With Quote