RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-05, 05:36 PM   #91
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 888C 2BD4

i think every culture has racist tendencies, some more than others
every culture has degrading words, like im spanish so someone might call me
a " spic".....the thing with the n word is that hip hop shouts it so much in most cds
if anyone memorizes the words to a 50 song chances are they are reciting nigga at least once...............it depends on the intent behind the word, the way u use it can empower it or take away from it...............and OMB multi battle me damnit
Old 10-04-05, 05:37 PM   #92
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
I dont think comedy counts... I thought you meant real racism. Man everyone gets made fun of in comedy... gays, asians, australians, rednecks, yanks, whites, blacks... Its not a good example of genuine racism.

and that was 2 anyway.. i said 3 -_-

Well on desperate housewives the new black people and ONLY black people are the "villains". And on the real world(do not deny this please) every black person to get on that show has been a villain. And the strongly obvious and somewhat played subject of hurrican katrina. You know the whole black ppl looting and white people "finding" newspaper article. Its hard for me cause I know not all white ppl are racist. But this always happens. Non racist white ppl get bitter about black ppl talking about it. But what we spose to do? Sit there and let it happen? Fuck no. All the other races are just letting the stereostypes get thrown at em and let the people stomp on them. I WILL NOT be 2nd to anybody cause of my skin. Nope.
Old 10-04-05, 05:39 PM   #93
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
Well on desperate housewives the new black people and ONLY black people are the "villains". And on the real world(do not deny this please) every black person to get on that show has been a villain. And the strongly obvious and somewhat played subject of hurrican katrina. You know the whole black ppl looting and white people "finding" newspaper article. Its hard for me cause I know not all white ppl are racist. But this always happens. Non racist white ppl get bitter about black ppl talking about it. But what we spose to do? Sit there and let it happen? Fuck no. All the other races are just letting the stereostypes get thrown at em and let the people stomp on them. I WILL NOT be 2nd to anybody cause of my skin. Nope.

Well yeah I see where you're coming from.

What can ya do though... racism will always exist.
Old 10-04-05, 05:40 PM   #94
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

OMB i posted on the last page.

check it out

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-04-05, 05:41 PM   #95
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshh!
...............and OMB multi battle me damnit

ahh.. im so over multi battling...

but set it up I guess. make it 3 days to check 3 days to drop, cos im real busy with shit.
Old 10-04-05, 05:41 PM   #96
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Well yeah I see where you're coming from.

What can ya do though... racism will always exist.

Yeah word. And the fucked up thing is us black people are making it worse for ourselves. Like little brother's minstrel show album. Rappers now are being the black stereostype and making it worse. So yeah nothing I can do.
Old 10-04-05, 05:45 PM   #97
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Yeah word. And the fucked up thing is us black people are making it worse for ourselves. Like little brother's minstrel show album. Rappers now are being the black stereostype and making it worse. So yeah nothing I can do.

You know whats ironic though? Their fanbases consist of mostly white people. The more blacks submit to being stereotypes, the less respected they become by the reals, and people like you start to dislike members of your own race. -_-
Old 10-04-05, 05:48 PM   #98
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
You know whats ironic though? Their fanbases consist of mostly white people. The more blacks submit to being stereotypes, the less respected they become by the reals, and people like you start to dislike members of your own race. -_-

Yeah EXACTLY. That's one reason I like kanye so much. He's popular and doesn't talk about that shit. The gun shit and drug shit yes that IS a reality, but I feel the black people who don't do that shit don't have a voice. Like picture an upper class suburban black kid. He either doesn't listen to rap cause it doesn't relate to him or he listens to rap and he's BECOME the stereotype. I swear I'ma change that shit. With help of compose
Old 10-04-05, 05:53 PM   #99
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:

^^That;s not true...Heather B was very popular on the Real World.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 05:55 PM   #100
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
^^That;s not true...Heather B was very popular on the Real World.

Not to people around here. They hated her. They always talked about her. Its probably my area.
Old 10-04-05, 05:59 PM   #101
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Not to people around here. They hated her. They always talked about her. Its probably my area.

I j ust think your statement is a generalization...

The Black guy (Steve) who slapped the whit chick (CLASSIC) wasn't arrested nor sent home...

but PUCK was sent home for being an asshole, basically...
Old 10-04-05, 06:01 PM   #102
Indeph
Not_Indeph

There's still a whole tolken thing about it. They know black people would freak even if it was fair. Like I said not all black people are saints and not all whites are evil. Just one side of the scale is more oppressed.
Old 10-04-05, 06:03 PM   #103
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
There's still a whole tolken thing about it. They know black people would freak even if it was fair. Like I said not all black people are saints and not all whites are evil. Just one side of the scale is more oppressed.

Of course...but some people (LEADY) think other people (ME) make a big deal out of it...Trust me...I don't

I know how the game works

and my grandmother and anyone else over 60 would BEG to disagree that black people are just "making a fuss" about nothing...

pssf

racism wasn't a joke and is still around...

I just think the face of racism has changed drastically...it's more psychological and economic now than ever
Old 10-04-05, 06:08 PM   #104
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: F8F5 C3DE

wow jst been acouple hours n this much posts in this?? haha.. seroiusly surprised me even more.. i thought ppl would hate on me.. iono y wen i did nothing wrong.. but WOW lol

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 06:11 PM   #105
Black Queen
Classic

IP: 3240 794D

i dont see whats so bad about white people sayin ''nigga'' it doesnt offend me and if it offend otha black people than they shouldnt say it either i mean come on whats the point of getting mad about it