RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives > LBL Magazines
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-06, 12:00 PM   #91
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: B49E DE84

I signed up to the 1-2 league.

New Rules As Of Next Week

I'll be making announcements about this in next weeks mag.

Good idea about the requirements DaTrus, that's being implemented as of next week.

12 hour extensions can be granted by me, if it's longer than that then only the person you're battling can grant the extension. So, you pretty much gotta post a real verse unless you're 100% certain your opponent is no-showing.

Top 10 or Top 20 forum is gonna be added, I'm not sure which. What does everyone think?

I'm gonna start advertising a lot of the features I said about at the start of the league, that haven't really been used. Like the hosting battles and stuff.

Possible New Rules

I might start doing boot battles between battlers who cause problems and/or are whack.

The champ doesn't have to vote, I may add that as I don't really wanna have a vacant title again.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-06, 12:02 PM   #92
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B26C 448D

that last idea is wack
champ doesnt have to vote?
i voted on 9 battles this week
and you telling me that motherfucker dont gotta vote on at least 1 or 2?
sure way to get people motivated to vote in HIS battle huh?
Old 07-28-06, 12:03 PM   #93
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

matter of fact ima start deleting my votes on ANY motherfucker that dont vote
fuck that
Old 07-28-06, 12:04 PM   #94
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: E98E E7FA

Word at signing up for 1-2, our roster is looking nice now and we're gonna continue to try to improve it. If you could put a short blurb in the mag about signing up for those that haven't, that'd be great.

I like the boot battle match, maybe have 1 per week where the 2 worst in the league always face off? I disagree with Tav, champ not voting is also a great idea, just an added incentive to be champ. Champs should be treated like champs.

I say Top 10 have their own section or otherwise half the league has a section, but don't matter really.
Old 07-28-06, 12:05 PM   #95
Ace Heratoga
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3D05 A22F

Or you could start boot battles against obvious nut hugging an voting rings? Because that'd be dandy

"Only god can judge me, but I'm atheist so you do the math..."
Send a message via AIM to Ace Heratoga   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-06, 12:10 PM   #96
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Like you and Rell voting for each other every week I dunno of any obvious voting rings though, enlighten me.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-06, 12:20 PM   #97
SlicKnife
Middle Weight

IP: EA21 F157

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoMRK
I signed up to the 1-2 league.

New Rules As Of Next Week

I'll be making announcements about this in next weeks mag.

Good idea about the requirements DaTrus, that's being implemented as of next week.

12 hour extensions can be granted by me, if it's longer than that then only the person you're battling can grant the extension. So, you pretty much gotta post a real verse unless you're 100% certain your opponent is no-showing.

Top 10 or Top 20 forum is gonna be added, I'm not sure which. What does everyone think?

I'm gonna start advertising a lot of the features I said about at the start of the league, that haven't really been used. Like the hosting battles and stuff.

Possible New Rules

I might start doing boot battles between battlers who cause problems and/or are whack.

The champ doesn't have to vote, I may add that as I don't really wanna have a vacant title again.

You want a top 10, top 20 would be way too many battlers.. you want people to see it as a little accomplishment to make it to the top 10

About the 12 hour extension, I know its a debated topic but I dont think extensions should really be given by the mod...you should be enforcing the rules, I mean whats 12 hours compared to the 4 full days battlers have to get their verse ready? An extension IMO should only be given by the other battler (you can say it should be a maximum of 12 hours or whatever) but too many will start to abuse this extension rule, its obvious

But if you really want to go ahead with it, then make sure the battler requests an extension from you BEFORE the first battler has posted..this way neither has an advantage, it is much fairer IMO

And with champ voting, its whatever - voting doesnt really take that long, but I see where you n DaTrus are coming from so it doesnt bother me if the champ is not required to vote
Old 07-28-06, 12:28 PM   #98
Untold
Met-A-4

IP: 0825 899A

^yea, peeps may gots 4 days to drop a verse, but shit.. i came home last night and got confused with time.. swear!

'n i would'a liked for that rule to be used now, but it cant.. but yo, i like the extension rule.. cause some battlers won't even grant ya a 1 or 2 hr extension.
Old 07-28-06, 12:30 PM   #99
David Lama
oh yea?

Text Record: 7-0
IP: 763E 9A67

that extension rule is gay and will cause mad problems
Old 07-28-06, 12:34 PM   #100
Untold
Met-A-4

IP: 0825 899A

then give 'em a lil bit of time.. i think it'll work. =/
Old 07-28-06, 12:40 PM   #101
David Lama
oh yea?

it wont work cause people will post no show verses and then the other dude will post a real one, the whole point of a no show verse is so you dont waste lines on a no show, that rule is basically asking people to post a REAL verse no matter what. which will discourage alot of people and cause alot of problems
Old 07-28-06, 12:41 PM   #102
KempoMRK
The Saviour

The extension rule is just when people are a little bit late, it minimises no-shows. If people wanna write no-show verses then it's their fault. Only way they can write a no-show verse with this rule is if they say they'll be ready to post if their opponent does.

And yeah, I'm gonna add a Top 10 forum.

Champ not having to vote is gonna be added as well, cos as said it'll make the champ seem like a champ and as I said I don't want another vacancy.

Also...the LBL cypher result is edited into the mag.
Old 07-28-06, 12:42 PM   #103
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lama
it wont work cause people will post no show verses and then the other dude will post a real one, the whole point of a no show verse is so you dont waste lines on a no show, that rule is basically asking people to post a REAL verse no matter what. which will discourage alot of people and cause alot of problems

if they personalize their punches to their opponant
then no verse would ever be wasted even if theres a no show
Old 07-28-06, 12:43 PM   #104
David Lama
oh yea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Tavarez
if they personalize their punches to their opponant
then no verse would ever be wasted even if theres a no show

not if they save it for the next time they battle and very few people use personals in battles these days. all I see is mostly generic shit all over

I usually post a verse no matter what. but not everyone does that or likes doing that, so I'm just saying
Old 07-28-06, 12:43 PM   #105
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lama
not if they save it for the next time they battle and very few people use personals in battles these days. all I see is mostly generic shit all over

i know, thats A problem nowadays