RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-04, 03:08 AM   #106
Orpheus Rex

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 658C 12B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxiation
How logical. How about if we revoke the concept of democracy because the public isn't running the country, so they shouldn't have a say in the way in which it's run? FUCKTARD.

But They Do Have A Say In Who Gets In Office...
And You Are Obviously Implying That You Can Do Better Because He's Just No Good...

You Seem To Be The Expert On Hip-Hop Huh...?
Old 02-09-04, 03:13 AM   #107
Asphyxiation

IP: 6411 AED1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus Rex
But They Do Have A Say In Who Gets In Office...

That might... y'know.... be THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF DEMOCRACY? Hence the sarcasm? I laid it on inches thick, and you STILL didn't get my point.

Quote:
And You Are Obviously Implying That You Can Do Better Because He's Just No Good...

And Art Critics are obviously implying they can do better when they slate a painting.[/sarcasm] How many fucking metaphors do I have to use to illustrate a fucking lucid point?

In any case, you'll find I said he was "above average".

Quote:
You Seem To Be The Expert On Hip-Hop Huh...?

...No.
Old 02-09-04, 03:21 AM   #108
Orpheus Rex

Quote:
That might... y'know.... be THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF DEMOCRACY? Hence the sarcasm? I laid it on inches thick, and you STILL didn't get my point.

That Too Might've Been...Y'know...Sarcasm...

Quote:
And Art Critics are obviously implying they can do better when they slate a painting.[/sarcasm] How many fucking metaphors do I have to use to illustrate a fucking lucid point?

Yes They Are Implying That...But, They Give Some Pointers On How To Improve And Make It Better...
And I'm Sure No Art Critic Goes To A Painting And Just Says That Its Shitty And Then Walks Away...
Old 02-09-04, 03:33 AM   #109
Asphyxiation

IP: 6411 AED1

Quote:
That Too Might've Been...Y'know...Sarcasm...

Or it might.... y'know... have been raw stupidity.

Quote:
Yes They Are Implying That...But, They Give Some Pointers On How To Improve And Make It Better...
And I'm Sure No Art Critic Goes To A Painting And Just Says That Its Shitty And Then Walks Away...

All criticism points out flaws, and it's obvious that the inverse is how to improve upon that which is deemed flawed. Duh.
Old 02-09-04, 03:36 AM   #110
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

the man sells 18 million records and kids still want him to maintain the "realness" he experienced before he was signed

how many times can you tell the same story? i dont blame him for rappin about jewels... money..whatever...at least he's bein real...

instead of these rookies out here rappin about havin fur, yachts and all that bullshit.....when they dont...
Old 02-09-04, 03:53 AM   #111
G. Buttersworth
Yeah Keep Biting.

IP: 3287 68FE

Quote:
by Asphyxiation

there... everyone, he made his point. cease the arguing.. it's just leading to a debate of freeposts.

<center>G. Buttersworth™</center>

G.I. JOE
Send a message via AIM to G. Buttersworth Send a message via Yahoo to G. Buttersworth   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 06:07 PM   #112
90Milez
New to RB

IP: D2AC A191

This is so gay...

Back-n-Forth Back-n-Forth... when your at the top theirs always people to knock u, that is a fact hands down. Stop hatin on JayZ

Act nice, or get stabbed twice
while my niggas load the gats-n-nines
Old 02-09-04, 06:27 PM   #113
Holl-a-kiss
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E24A B237

I never liked Jay-Z hes over hyped... n if u dont agree o well i feel bad for u

Not gonna knock him on his sales he does what he needs to do to make the money just he over hyped period
Old 02-09-04, 08:54 PM   #114
Akurei
New to RB

IP: DF9B 7C57

Im not feeling Jay my self.He bites alot of s&@t too. He's a damn drag queen notice all he raps about now it Womens clothes.

Multiple gunshots fill the block, the fun stops Niggaz is callin cops, people shot, nobody stop~Tupac

Now I was raised as a young black male In order to get paid, forced to make crack sales~Tupac

My attitude got me walkin solo, ride out alone in my lo-lo Watchin the whole world move in slow-mo ~Tupac

Gettin raw 'til the day I see my casket Buried as a G while the whole world remembers me Until the end of time~Tupac
Send a message via ICQ to Akurei Send a message via AIM to Akurei Send a message via MSN to Akurei Send a message via Yahoo to Akurei   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 09:43 PM   #115
Orpheus Rex

^You're An Idiot...

Only Raps About Womens Clothes...
Old 02-09-04, 10:10 PM   #116
Kry-O-Gene-X
Flyweight

IP: 8C87 A6B0

If skills sold, truth be told.I'll prolly be,lyricaly Talib Kweli

^^ thats the best shit I ever heard from a rapper.Stop hatin on Jay-z.And he dont admits his relationship with Beyonce because he dont want the press asking questions..sound smart to me.he doesnt bite..
"Im not a biter,Im a writer for myself and others.I say A B.I.G. verse, Im only biggin up my brother."
^^ some more dope shit..get off his scrotum, and you should be saying
"I could be like that man 1 day myself"
^^another Jay-z lyric.

noun

Study of Extremely Low Temperatures: (1)A branch of physics that studies the causes and effects of extremely low temperatures.(2)A very dope rapper that appeared on Http://www.Rapbattles.com is September 2003.He is known to be highly contagious.If touched, you might become "sonned".
Old 02-09-04, 10:13 PM   #117
Orpheus Rex

^Thats Not His Best Lyrics, But Dope Nontheless...
Old 02-09-04, 10:15 PM   #118
JiXi
Light Weight

IP: 1424 2422

Anyone who likes Jay-z Has yet to come out of the closet - And listen to REAL rap, those lyrics cant compare with stuff by Akrobatik, Pac and whoever else - Even Em and after i starten listening to the Underground shit, Em looks like a kid...
Old 02-09-04, 10:17 PM   #119
Nic Caesar
New to RB

IP: 202C A952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunna XL
Jay-z is considered one of the best rappers of all time...............well i don't think so............For someone who braggs about money and getting women he should be critiziced for his record selling ability.............in 9 lbums he has sold 17-18 million records all together, now that may sound good but in 3 albums eminem has passed that.........in 2 albums nell has tied it or right behind it...........jay-z got name reconition just not a quality product and thats why ppl don't buy it alot...........maybe if he waited a couple of years like a normal rapper to drop a cd it would be better and not just wack songs thrown together.............He won't even admit his relationship with beyonce and he quit rap for movies........like that will ever happen...............i know alot of you will say records sales don't mean anything he still the best......well he's not.........if he was the best he'd atleast be in the top 5 best records sales and he's not..............mc hammer is passed him................(i bet i'll be getting sworne at for this thread)

This is what i have to say to this

Get the Black Album Son...

Moment of Clarity... Dynasty... My first song...

son... u don't even know what the fuck your talkin bout... all over

The Black Album will make u think different of jay-z... do u realize he only writes verses to hardly any of his songs son?... look i never liked jay-z either until i learned the realness about him... 16-17 million? yep your really sleep son... Get a grip... Shut yo mouth you don't know what the fuck you talkin bout.. hova is way above 90% of'em kid... slice yo self... learn bout the illest... listen to Rengade with him an Eminem... he freestyled that song kid... madness is only thing that happens with him... he keeps its real with "Truth".. wack songs??? some... but no on the black Album son... u will feel it

Caesar - On3

~Sitting In Elevation Position~

Free
Agent

Just A Sick Newbie

Murked - Lust

Lost - None
Send a message via AIM to Nic Caesar Send a message via MSN to Nic Caesar Send a message via Yahoo to Nic Caesar   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 10:18 PM   #120
Orpheus Rex

(To JiXi)
No Shit...

But He's Still Dope...
He's Got Flow, And Wordplay Like Whoa...