RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-05, 11:54 PM   #106
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 180C F3A0

Lady Fiya sonned you y0. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-01-05, 02:23 AM   #107
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 07A8 D079

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Rated
^I Have Only Recorded For 4 Months..

I Recorded For 4 Months and Then Stopped......I Havent Put Out A New Track In Forever....Stop Trying To Prove Me Wrong.

~R~

Whateva.. that's all you had a response to? I'm just tryna help you out, I could care less bout "Proving you Wrong"... Once you realize that it's not bout someone "showing you wrong" and you resisting when people tryna tell you something that's actually helpful, then you can go ahead and work on what i was talkin bout..
Old 07-01-05, 02:44 AM   #108
DaBomb-/a/
Damn.. Im ill..

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 2DB4 6B20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lady Fiya~
Whateva.. that's all you had a response to? I'm just tryna help you out, I could care less bout "Proving you Wrong"... Once you realize that it's not bout someone "showing you wrong" and you resisting when people tryna tell you something that's actually helpful, then you can go ahead and work on what i was talkin bout..

damn.. um she put it down and stamped ur head..

PWNED
Old 07-03-05, 01:39 AM   #109
kaveh
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 5295 D28A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZK
That's a misconception. You don't have to take shitty deals... Not if you have a huge following and you work hard building up your fan-base before you go to these labels. It's not about skill, to them, it's about them spending money on something that potentially will (or will not) sell. It's way more complex than "Oh, you're dope at rapping, go sign a shitty deal and work your way up." There are much more intelligent ways to go about that.

3 years ago, you might be right about the internet charts not making a difference, but now, majors are really starting to realize the power of the 'net. Believe me, I've sat in plenty of meetings where we've discussed this at great length. The Internet is "real life" promotion. I've collected 10,000+ emails of people who want a CD, since 2002. That's "real life" money. I haven't spent a dime to promote my name, besides the 10$ per month that I pay soundclick.

Just because you hear some rumors and listen to my songs, try not to assume all this weird shit about me. You don't know my siutation based off my lyrics and my "image" -- and what you think you know about major labels. Just get it from my mouth, it'll be a lot more accurate.

The truth is, yeah, I started getting involved in rap around 1996 -- but between 1996-2001 - I probably rapped about 20 songs (which were covers of other peoples music). I didn't get serious until 2002. I didn't even make a song until 2002. Since then, I've made over 300. I'm practicing, I'm developing. I'm not that good yet, yo, I'm nowhere NEAR the level I want to be at.

Plus, I'm not ready to throw my life into the complete and utter chaos that is "fame." I'm happy right now, I'm enjoying my small-scale internet success, I'm building a fanbase and a business plan. I'm networking with a lot of folks and when the time is right, I will take it to the next level.

word, some deep shit man..keep doin ya thang and fuck the haters! haha

ps:
i can get you as much Adderall as you need!! hahahaha hit me up
Old 07-03-05, 02:36 AM   #110
Young Drama
...The Truth...

IP: A410 3C88

Appearantly he aint Dat Great

Me,You, and Him Aint Signed To No "Real" Label So Were No Different
Old 07-09-05, 02:47 PM   #111
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 86B1 7019

Quote:
Yo, what the fuck @ Doomsday closing DZK's song thread

At least we are making a valiant effort to keep good audio heads.

He didn't leave feedback, so all the rules still apply to him jsut liek it does everybody else. DZK isn't a celebrity by any means. Get real.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 03:35 PM   #112
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: A122 E1D7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
He didn't leave feedback, so all the rules still apply to him jsut liek it does everybody else. DZK isn't a celebrity by any means. Get real.

this man speaks the truth....

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote