RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-08, 11:05 PM   #121
Magic5

IP: BB06 C099

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Talksic_
i hope your the only one

May I ask why?

And I forgot the figures that disprove the "Bush's tax cuts for the rich" theory in my locker again, but I'll make sure to post them up tomorrow.
Old 09-10-08, 01:13 AM   #122
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

Meh. This is my direct reason that I tell anybody who asks why I'm not voting for McCain.

"Both presidential candidates suck, McCain says one thing and goes for the other, best example is trying to insult Obama over experience, then giving vice president position to Palin, using her capability to have a fucked up family and look decent as an excuse, he doesn't release his medical information and when that's what people expect of a person his age, he's hiding shit, & he wants to keep us in a war that has ruined our country far worse than anything in history."

it doesn't come down to what he's offering.

It comes down to truth, morals, and secrecy.

Do I want a man who lies, uses cheap tactics, twists his story around and keeps things secret from the public, in office? I can understand if he wants to hide his dick size 'cuz that's irrelevant, but otherwise, I should give a fuck if some know-nothing broad is going to be 44th president of the United States when McCain dies from the same medical problems he chose to hide from me for obvious reasons. It's not like he'll get abducted so people can torture his cancerous tumor. "OMG CAN WE TRUST A PRESIDENT WHO CAN'T PISS IN A TOILET CORRECTLY?" .............. who the fucks gonna do that? He's just being secretive.

I find these to be very correct reasons to not vote for a human being. My favorite absolute choice... Decency.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-10-08, 05:59 PM   #123
Magic5

IP: 5672 8D5B

As promised, here is the data that shows how Bush's tax cuts (supposedly for the rich) actually affected rich people. I'm going to break the data down into two sections.

Richest 1% of the population:

In 1990, the top 1% made 14% of the country's income. They paid 25% of the country's taxes.
In 2000, at the end of Bill Clinton's term, the top 1% made 21% of the country's income. They paid 37% of the country's taxes.
In 2007, after Bush's "tax cuts for the rich" were implemented, the top 1% made 21% of the country's income. They paid 39% of the country's taxes.

So, the tax cuts obviously haven't helped the richest 1% of the population. They're making the same amount of income as they were making when Bill Clinton was president, but now they're paying a little more taxes.

Richest 5% of the population:

In 1990, the top 5% made 27% of the country's income. They paid 44% of the country's taxes.
In 2000, the top 5% made 35% of the country's income. They paid 56% of the country's taxes.
In 2007, the top 5% made 36% of the country's income. They paid 60% of the country's taxes.

And so the trend continues. With the "help" of President Bush, the richest 5% make 1% more of the income, but pay 4% more of the taxes. The data actually seems to suggest that Bush's "tax cuts for the rich" aren't helping the rich all that much.

If you doubt the figures I just posted, all of the data is available at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (www.bea.gov), so feel free to have a look yourself.

Hey Blay, next time you want to start saying I'm the one buying into all of this political bullshit, you might want to make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about first. Thanks buddy!

Last edited by Mimesis : 09-10-08 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 06:06 PM   #124
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D088 20AB

Regardless of who wins, I'm just going to miss Bush.
Old 09-10-08, 06:32 PM   #125
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

thank god for tax havens huh? lol
Old 09-10-08, 06:42 PM   #126
Magic5

IP: 5672 8D5B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir
thank god for tax havens huh? lol

The idiocy on this site baffles me.
Old 09-10-08, 06:53 PM   #127
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
IP: F3E4 5E69

Mims'....your quoting goverment sites. Like they're any more reliable than Fox News

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-10-08, 07:10 PM   #128
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
The idiocy on this site baffles me.

so you're saying the fact that if you're rich you get taxed ridiculously doesn't mean that using tax haven countries allows you to retain more of you money than you would have had you simply remained 100% based in the states

and don't ever imply that i'm stupid you jumped up lil sonofabitch
Old 09-10-08, 08:56 PM   #129
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: AA7B EBA8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
Mims'....your quoting goverment sites. Like they're any more reliable than Fox News

I'm pretty sure that they are.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 01:04 AM   #130
Cola
Pushin it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision
I'm pretty sure that they are.

lol, your telling me Fox news is a good source for fair and accurate points of view?

Old 09-11-08, 01:25 AM   #131
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
lol, your telling me Fox news is a good source for fair and accurate points of view?

read what you said...and then ask that question

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 12:15 PM   #132
Cola
Pushin it....

What the fuck are you talkin about Vision?

I was stating that Mim's quoted some goverment regulated website, now im not a conspriacy type of a guy, but our goverment is ran by some shady mother fuckers, n it aint hard to switch a few numbers around to paint a prettier picture.

Fox News, is obviously a biased ass channel, not that MSNBC isn't ....or CBS for that matter, pretty much all media sources have bias's in them.

But the way mim's came with his arguement was that, 'no its goverment website, its gotta be right'

n i was just laughin @ that

yay Obama!

Old 09-11-08, 01:29 PM   #133
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
What the fuck are you talkin about Vision?

I was stating that Mim's quoted some goverment regulated website, now im not a conspriacy type of a guy, but our goverment is ran by some shady mother fuckers, n it aint hard to switch a few numbers around to paint a prettier picture.

Fox News, is obviously a biased ass channel, not that MSNBC isn't ....or CBS for that matter, pretty much all media sources have bias's in them.

But the way mim's came with his arguement was that, 'no its goverment website, its gotta be right'

n i was just laughin @ that

yay Obama!

i

i'm talking about you thinking that i said or implied that fox news were credible sources....when in fact....what i said was...and if you would have re-read it..you would have gotten this...is that government sites are in fact, more accurate then television stations...even if those television stations are funded by the government.

Reading comprehension, man.

Old 09-11-08, 01:31 PM   #134
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:

heres an example in case you didn't get it.

No...I'm not telling you that. I don't think that, i never said it, or implied it.
I said government sites are better for accurate information then news sites.

You basically say "Yeah right, like government sites are more reliable for accurate info then fox news etc...etc..."

i say "actually, government sites ARE more reliable"

get it now?

the only what i said could have implied or meant what you thought....is if you said..."yeah right, like fox news is a reliable source of information"

then when i said..."actually, they are."

what you thought i said would have made sense.....but that wasn't your original statement...so clearly...that's not what i meant.

Old 09-11-08, 02:17 PM   #135
J.Roy
Rather Unique

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 58FE 9913

Nobody 08'

[retired]