RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Higher Thinking
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-05, 05:23 PM   #121
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

one acuity you lame idiot the battles were set on time they are set after 12pm you oppenant has till tonight to check in and i brought 12 people to the league stupid.monday nite as the new rules say try reading them cuz you will be dqed if you break them.as dramqueen said i run the league now for poetry and i need no help on it.a topical piece is a topical pice and not poetry when you state thing like red is the mother black is the father and the blue typing is me no then its not poetry when you do things like stop the pome and describe whats going on its a topical a story now and not a poetic piece anymore so yes its easy to tell a topical from a poem.dizzee poems are based on these elements in this order

1.emotion
2.imagery
3.creativity
4.vocab not big words but the usage of your words the symantics of them

structure is not important nor is flow unless it is a certain style of poetry such as tanka or some shit likewise to it.structure=can you read it not does it flow or lines line up evenly you fucking idiots all structure is is not making run on sentences with no periods and using commas.
lastly black teardrops is a good topic your wack if you cant write to it it can be used as anything from gang warfare to volcanic ash the topic is good because of the vast ways you can approach the topic thats what makes a good poetic topic.

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.  
Old 06-08-05, 05:24 PM   #122
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

one acuity you lame idiot the battles were set on time they are set after 12pm you oppenant has till tonight to check in and i brought 12 people to the league stupid.monday nite as the new rules say try reading them cuz you will be dqed if you break them.as dramqueen said i run the league now for poetry and i need no help on it.a topical piece is a topical pice and not poetry when you state thing like red is the mother black is the father and the blue typing is me no then its not poetry when you do things like stop the pome and describe whats going on its a topical a story now and not a poetic piece anymore so yes its easy to tell a topical from a poem.dizzee poems are based on these elements in this order

1.emotion
2.imagery
3.creativity

structure is not important nor is flow unless it is a certain style of poetry such as tanka or some shit likewise to it.structure=can you read it not does it flow or lines line up evenly you fucking idiots all structure is is not making run on sentences with no periods and using commas.
lastly black teardrops is a good topic your wack if you cant write to it it can be used as anything from gang warfare to volcanic ash the topic is good because of the vast ways you can approach the topic thats what makes a good poetic topic.

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Old 06-08-05, 05:24 PM   #123
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

1.emotion
2.imagery
3.creativity

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Old 06-08-05, 05:53 PM   #124
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

^ yes, but almighty mod cali had to be an idiot because he didn't like her style

which was so gayishly ignorant.

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ  
Old 06-08-05, 05:55 PM   #125
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 473F 6D42

damn man too much beefin goin on hurr can sum1 inform me how it all got started PLLLLLZZZZZ!!!!!!! lol

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense  
Old 06-08-05, 05:58 PM   #126
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

IP: 487E AB93

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.L.I

1.emotion
2.imagery
3.creativity

I know your referring to me about the "color" thing, I dont see nothing wrong with it. See what i mean? I can't drop and i WONT drop in the battle because of this stupid shit, if i can't use my "style" Then It's no use, Because I will get DQ.

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*
Send a message via AIM to Dervla  
Old 06-08-05, 06:20 PM   #127
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 4BE9 F23E

since when do you CALI tell ppl how to vote on poetry your a faggot, thats restriction , voting should be about that person's response to the poem, no single fator should have more wweightin than the other.....

CALI u brang 12ppl to the league muhahahahah go and look at the amount of actuall battles are going to take place...most weeks DQ,Elementality and I setup similar umbers of battles but they all ho-show...its a fact....cnt wait to see the no. of open battles after 12pm 2night with 2 checked in battlers...it will be less than we had on average..so b EZ

^^OWNED

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 06-08-05, 06:21 PM   #128
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 4BE9 F23E

and DQ selling out Elementality and sayin CALI can run poetry was not cool

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 06-08-05, 06:30 PM   #129
Elementality

IP: BC9E 8B9A

Quote:
yes its easy to tell a topical from a poem.dizzee poems are based on these elements in this order

1.emotion
2.imagery
3.creativity

Wow. You are no holds barred the epitome of the stupidest fucking person I have ever witnessed in my whole life. ^^^^that is all that you think is poetry isn't it, I knew it...I kinda wondered because all you had to say in your feeds to other people's poems is: "Good imagery, nice vocab" Acting like you think you know what you're talking about...when we both know that you don't. Don't call me crazy, but dont you have to know a little bit about poetry to be a moderator for a poetry league? That would be like a Dodge ball ref refereeing a hockey game. < Im sorry Im sorry, thats probably too big of an analogy for your weak brain to understand. Let me put it this way, you have no fucking clue what that fuck you're talking about what so ever, and because of that post up there you have just made us all a little bit dubmer for it.
Old 06-08-05, 06:39 PM   #130
Germ
in your system

man cali....seriously, where does it say in poetry that you can't rhyme on sequential lines? and wtf does "stop and describe whats going on" man, seriously, how many times do i have to say, just because you think its not poetry, does not mean it aint'......get a fuckin' degree in english and maybe i'll respect your fucking opinion, until then, let people write the way the fucking want to write

poetry is self-expression you fat ass lard bitch, so let people express themselves however the fuck they want, with whatever words they want, whatever style they want.....jesus fuck kid

FLY FREE
Old 06-08-05, 06:42 PM   #131
Elementality

IP: BC9E 8B9A

Degrees? Shit, first comes first... this kids gotta get through elementry first
Old 06-08-05, 08:16 PM   #132
Germ
in your system

^ pretty much, thats basically the point i was making....lol

FLY FREE
Old 06-08-05, 08:53 PM   #133
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

IP: 1DCE 52A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementality
Wow. You are no holds barred the epitome of the stupidest fucking person I have ever witnessed in my whole life. ^^^^that is all that you think is poetry isn't it, I knew it...I kinda wondered because all you had to say in your feeds to other people's poems is: "Good imagery, nice vocab" Acting like you think you know what you're talking about...when we both know that you don't. Don't call me crazy, but dont you have to know a little bit about poetry to be a moderator for a poetry league? That would be like a Dodge ball ref refereeing a hockey game. < Im sorry Im sorry, thats probably too big of an analogy for your weak brain to understand. Let me put it this way, you have no fucking clue what that fuck you're talking about what so ever, and because of that post up there you have just made us all a little bit dubmer for it.

And the truth has spoken.........................

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*
Send a message via AIM to Dervla  
Old 06-08-05, 09:12 PM   #134
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

IP: 28AD 5545

you sound lame as fuck one emotion and image are the chief aspects of poetry should i rate structure or vocab above them?get the fuck outta here you sound like a fucking idiot elementality your garbage only way youll win this week is if tweety no shows your a herb seriously you can battle me here or on any board and i will k.o idiot and acuity dont even dare try to act like you know poetry when you were on aim and i was having to help you with acostic style which is the easiest style of fucking poetry and same to you tweety dont even try to front now.elementality your garbage drakel if you contibue to beef i will de mod you as well we only need two mods.and elementality if you contibue to clog the forum with ridicules beefing over nonsense i will ban you from the forum now everyone shut the fuck up.

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Old 06-08-05, 09:15 PM   #135
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakel
man cali....seriously, where does it say in poetry that you can't rhyme on sequential lines? and wtf does "stop and describe whats going on" man, seriously, how many times do i have to say, just because you think its not poetry, does not mean it aint'......get a fuckin' degree in english and maybe i'll respect your fucking opinion, until then, let people write the way the fucking want to write

poetry is self-expression you fat ass lard bitch, so let people express themselves however the fuck they want, with whatever words they want, whatever style they want.....jesus fuck kid

listen idiot you can not stop in a poem and tell shit like that that makes the poem a story which makes it no longer a poem a story poem is like the pit and the pendulum not like a dean koontz novel.a farewell to tommorow a very famous book is writtten in a poetic form but is not poetry.your poem is to stay on lines of topic dont act dumb like you dont know what i mean this is nothing new i have dqed people for doing this before dont do it you wont be dqed just write all that extra shit is unneeded.

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE