RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Higher Thinking
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-05, 08:59 PM   #1
Elementality

Kein Witz Vs. Hells Fire

IP: BC9E 8B9A

Battles up Monday - Check In by Wednesday - Drop by Friday - Votes by Sunday

No line limit and the battler with most votes by Sunday night is the winner. If this is a topical battle, write a topical and not a poetic drop and the same is vice a versa.

All Battlers must vote on 4 other battles and leave their voting links in their battle thread. Battles voted on may be from either poetry or topical battles. If vote threads aren't in your poetry battle thread by sunday you will suffer a loss by Disqualification.

Extensions must be asked for by Thursday night by pming any of the mods (Acuity, Drama Queen & Elementality). No extensions will be given 4 if asked 4 on Friday night. Extensions are only given till Sunday night at the most. If you dont ask for an extention, and drop whenever you feel like it you will be Disqualified. Do not abuse extentions, they are not to be used if you're just too lazy to drop within the confines of the circumstances. Leave reasonable explanation for your absense. If the League notices you are a slacker due to this nature you will be banned for being out-right slothfully callous.

Every battler must nominate (not their own) one topical and poetry battle for pieces of the week, in the main forum . People with pieces of the week shall have their drops stickied and placed in the Pieces Of Inspiration sub forum

Don't ho-show because you will be banned if you do it twice. We can understand you cannot drop due to certain circumstances but if this happens a second time, you're banned from the league for 2 weeks. If you signed up for both leagues and you no-show in one league twice, you will be banned in both leagues!

Try to limit the freeposts, we will have a chat/beef thread for that. Also give fully explained votes, if not your votes won't count!

Topic: Dressing the Earth in Flames
Old 06-01-05, 02:02 PM   #2
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

I'm here. Good luck.

Old 06-01-05, 06:03 PM   #3
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

'kay. I worked on this a little bit. Don't ho-show or anything...make this good.

Blanket of Fire

Betwixt anomalies, abominations of the watchful eyes of astronomy,
All for fool's gold, to reclaim the souls sold, to end all evil economies.
The planet's gravity grabbing missiles into its surface, leaving large cavities.
Mothers holding babies, praying for maybes, to stop this cruel, horrible tragedy.
Watching the ending world, the orange clouds of flame the skies so angrily hurled.
The apocalypse near, feeding off fears, taking no heed of the citizens fetally curled.
Gloved fingers smashing buttons, maelstroms ending all the world's gluttons.
His eyes glazed, oblivious to the event taking place, down the street, strutting.
People praying as he played God to cover the lands in flame, making it aesthetic.
Not harkening to the shouts, screaming for a devout to save all them, so pathetic.
The person to end it, bending wits, survival only for the people who are the most fit.
The demon coming to claim pain on this momentous day... showing his evil tricks.

Old 06-01-05, 08:23 PM   #4
Hells Fire
Life is a Constant Battle

Text Record: 0-8
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9627 DC12

checkin in.................................

O.G.

Old 06-03-05, 09:24 PM   #5
Hells Fire
Life is a Constant Battle

Text Record: 0-8
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 6451 565B

Dress of fire

Stared out in a flamed out way, from galaxy, planetary, milky way
cooled out to crust on earth braid, from ivory, geography, blue swade
silk on fire from satan's gate, so wavy, red ruby left it to burn away
without visible arms the straps ignighted the oceans with exstasay
clouds of smoke with pores of tanned skies after a rainy shave
chaos so beautiful people died meltin expression nothin to say
shaking and tremblin as shiva made destruction more than shade
making and ramblin as jupita made seduction to earths firy face
living for dieing happiness when crying sending heavenly binding
to hear demonic grinding and the rape of innocence eye scream
the dress waved rippling to scar the eye of the fire that night
pyro to arsonist threading needle with mighty hell forge might
oxygen gave and took life like a nicatine marboro red light
she layed there decomposing life and birthing phoenix night

O.G.

Old 06-04-05, 08:14 AM   #6
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 07B3 9D8B

MY VOTE = HELLS FIRE

I loved Kein witz's drop the multis's with such high level of vocab was sick man, only problem is that i felt your drop was more topically orientated and it felt a lil bit storytelling...You didnt realy express much emotion or describe fire in your contxt of approach...Helles Fire dropped a below par peice by his standards but it was technically solid..He got the job done

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 06-04-05, 09:08 AM   #7
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: 3FB4 F428

I enjoyed reading both pieces and will break both of them down...

Kein Witz: excellent drop here, unlike Acuity said above me I do feel the fire in your piece due to very good imagery. The emotion was there as well but I feel you wrote a more imagery orientated poem. Vocab was on point as well as the sound expression in your drop, a lot of alliterations and assonances which gave the drop a good pace.

Hells Fire: very nice poem as well, I feel you didn't so much focus on alliterations and assonances but you definitely had the sound expressions due to similar sounds. Like with Kein Witz, I think you wanted to make this more of an imagery piece than an emotional even though the emotion was there. The imagery was stronger of course compared to the emotion, vocab was at a high level.

Close battle to judge in fact but in the end, my vote goes to Kein Witz. No hate to Hells Fire because you had an excellent drop as well, I am just feeling Kein Witz a little bit more but it was very, very close. Nice battle from both of you!!!

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ  
Old 06-04-05, 10:22 AM   #8
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
IP: 0825 899A

anyways i just wrote a fucking book on this shit and my dumb ass girl fucking logged on and cut me off wtf.anyways ill be real brief now cuz i aint writing no book again both dropped good flow vocab and imagery was all equal yet kein seemed to bring a better emotional aspect to his drop which i fell gave him the upperhand.hellfire seemd to be unable to find a common ground where he could blend his imagery woth emotion he gave a good picture yet failed to bring the emotional aspect out making his poetic drop look more like a topical here.
vote-kein

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.  
Old 06-06-05, 12:20 AM   #9
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2

kein wins.............................................

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.