RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-06, 03:09 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Jagged Edge - Jagged Edge

IP: 33D9 0FD8

Here's my review of Jagged Edge's most recent, self-titled, album. Haven't seen many R&B album reviews on RV so i guess ill hit y'all with something new..
don't sleep on this album. I'll start this off with the fact that i wasn't much of a JE fan, until i heard the CD in my Dad's car...

1. Intro 1:43 - Intro's are useless lol

2. Ghetto Guitar 4:00 - I love this track, the entire track is more of a slow melodic rap than a stereotypical R&B song. the chorus sounds good. everytime the group harmonizes at any point, it sounds great. Very well made track.
9/10

3. So High 3:18 - the strings and the sample at the beginning of this track sound perfect, and the entire first chorus sounds just as good. Basically JE sings about being so happy since meeting a certain female. This track is superb in every sense of superb.
9/10

4. Watch You 4:49 - the beat in this song is nothing special, but once again JE sets the tone with their perfect harmonizing. The chorus isn't anything special either, but there is no denying this is a well made track.
8/10

5. Hopefully 3:42 - JE has some great selection in strings/guitars on their tracks. combined with their amazing singing ability/talent. Makes for some beautiful tracks. If you pay attention to this track there are only two solo verses, and the rest is just harmonizing and echoing. this track is alot slower than the first 3 songs.. still well made...
8/10

6. Get A Lil' Bit Of This 4:07 - Here is some deffinate club material, if any of you have ever listened to JE before then this sound stays true to their original sound...
the chorus and the beat make the track, nothing special on the verses but still a raw track
8/10

7. Crying Out 3:40 - I love this beat, the drums on it sound as if it were a club track, but the sample and the violin in the background slow the tempo ALOT... the lyrics arent anything too ahh about but the instrumentals are very interesting...
8.5/10

8. Good Luck Charm 4:24 - Once again amazing strings make for amazing tracks. The keys/piano later in the track sound like a sure-fire john legend-que... Anyone who has ever listened to an R&B track thoroughly can appreciate this song..
9/10

9. So Amazing [ft. Vultio] 3:40 - The first single of the album, the spanish vibe with the strings and the uptempo verses make for a very 'sexy' sound. the lyrics on this track go great with the instrumentals. this entire track is very well made.
9/10

10. Season's Change 3:46 - To be honest im not feeling this song, feels like something stolen from a john legend album. The entire track you feel like the track is going to kick into gear at any point.. but its never does...
6/10

11. Questions 4:18 - this track solid, lyrics are 'eh'. chorus is nice, not great but not bad. strings sound good, becoming a common occurance. This track is eh..
7/10

12. Sexy American Girls 4:11 - Another club track, beat and strings sound GREAT. Basically the entire track JE speaks on the many types of fine females that can be found throughout America. The lyrics sound great on the track..
9/10

13. Baby Feel Me 3:46 - The beat on this track is alot slower, the harmony the entire track sounds amazing. this is deffinately a love making song. the first thought that comes to mind when thinking of this track is 'beautiful'..
9/10

14. Who U Wit? 3:15 - This song sounds alot like all the other tracks on this album, nothing too special
7.5/10

15. Ass Hypnotic 3:49 - Deffinately a club track, beat hits HARD. To be honest im not sure i like the choice of petey on the track... his raspy scream-of-a-voice is unapeeling... but there is nod enying this track is solid...
8.5/10

16. I Ain't Here For This 4:35 - I'm feelin' this entire track, the beat is great and the chrous sounds great. Not really a club banger, but not a slow track by any means...
9/10

Overall i give this album an 8.5/10 ...anyone who appreciates R&B should deffinately go out an buy it, worth the money

Be on the look for my review of DJ Drama&Lil Wayne's: Dedication 2!

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 12:08 PM   #2
Unfulfilled
Middle Weight

IP: 7EF8 1A9B

I love Jagged Edge so much...I have all of there cd'ss....but my favorite songs on this cd is Questions and ahhh....Baby feel me....and Crying out...seeing that there my favorite R & B group I give the album a perfect 10/10 lol
Send a message via Yahoo to Unfulfilled   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 12:54 PM   #3
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

i agree that crying out is a great song too...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 09:24 PM   #4
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 979F 1775

Jagged Edge has a new cd? lol damn never even knew..
Old 06-29-06, 03:43 PM   #5
Sik Wit It

IP: 5EA6 D846

Not much of a JE fan... but I'll listen to a few tracks n' whatnot.
Old 07-12-06, 01:50 PM   #6
Clockwork
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 66BD 7173

I didn't even know he came out wit a cd. I dont think i'll be getting the cd though