RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-07, 03:28 AM   #1
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
Mac Milli - I'd Hate Me Too [Vol 2] (Flash Flood Warning) *DL & Official Review*

IP: 4152 1C13

FRONT COVER

BACK COVER

*LIMITTED TIME FREE DOWNLOAD*
[links have been removed]

Hood Dreams News Mac Milli and those famously infamous funny voices always starts the mixtape off quite well hah. Even the music at the beginning was the actual music to an actual network’s national news broadcast, making this intro skit all the more humorous.

Flash Flood Warning This beat is hott, swagger on here is great, definitely a great way to start the mixtape. Second verse had lots of basketball metaphors, good stuff and I love that “I’m so fly I should wear a space suit” bar. Mac flashed on this one.

Finger Skit This one’s self explanatory.

Bapes Not being a fan of Bapes doesn’t prevent me from thinking this is definitely one of the catchiest hooks I’ve ever heard. This is definitely better than “Air Force Ones” or even the original song done to this beat.

Fly With Me This track starts off well “fly” as hell. “Playboy don’t leave ya girl round me // I’ll put on her feet then put her on a leash // then put her on the streets, then put her on her cheeks // cam cord the sex then put her on TV” now that’s pimp. I wannabe “so fly I don’t walk I skydive” too dammit.

Oh My God “I’m serious and I’m ain’t lyin’ // I’m officially the best rapper alive and I ain’t signed.” “My flow is got damn and my rhymes is wow // my delivery's like ‘aww man you hear his rhymin' style, labels need to get off they ass and sign him now’” Seriously, the 3rd verse is even better. So far I’m diggin’ this track a heck of a lot and I usually don’t like rappers that are cocky but for some reason Mac pulls it off better than anyone else I’ve heard.

K’s In The Trunk This beat is dope, definitely a banger to bump and I’m not one to rep for “I got guns” tracks on a regular basis. “Niggas thought I went soft ‘til shells lift off and tear ya lips off and make ya lips soft like lips gloss, the kid’s raw.” It’s official, this mixtape has the perfect title because by this track any rapper should be hating that Mac Milli has this much skills.

Never Be Friends Honestly this is one of the dopest tracks I’ve heard from a rapper signed or unsigned. Anyone can relate to this song and the beat’s dope as well as the lyrics being very well thought out. Delivery and emotion are great. So many quotables in here I won’t even start, this is definitely one to hit the repeat button for and you’ll be singing the hook the second time around.

Stuntin’ Like No Other (ft. Young Nug) “Hatin’ ‘cause ya boy fresher than some Colgate” and “brand new cutty suicides, missing tops // rims underneath ‘bout bigger than some sewer tops” were nice bars from Young Nug on the first verse. Nice spin on the hook. Mac Milli comes in with the signature “I got it.” “Power lines hit me, I’ll die quickly // I’ll die the shit, but you will die shitty //that’s the difference between me and you.” Mac is a fool for that one.

Blindfold Definitely a creative remix and I liked the original too. Kelis needs Mac Milli on the official remix for the radio. By the 2nd time around I was singing along with the hook. The 3rd verse got quite “gangstarific.’ “I’ll elevate my strap and levitate ya back // get so high off the ground you’ll take the elevator back” flashing hard on this one.

Cannon [freestyle] The intro to the track explains it all and he definitely sticks to the topic coming hard “street” style to those that say he’s gone “commercial” and sleep on him. “Let the coroner lift ‘em while I take an intermission” was a hott way to end the track.

Daddy This track is really old to me, but it’s one of my favorite tracks of all time from Mac Milli. This one is for all the pimps out there and personally makes me want to put a bitch on the corner.

MOB [Money Over Bullshit] This is definitely one of those tracks that would bang on the airwaves. My favorite bar was “I make my money stretch like it's about to exercise” because that’s hilarious to imagine. Hott stuff for a radio single.

Word From Our Sponsors Nothing to explain on this one.

Lay Back (ft. Lady Bugg) This is 100% bedroom music. Both coming with the sped up flows made this track hott. Mac’s delivery on here reminds me of something Ludacris would do. Lady Bugg came nice on this, on some real freak ish but at the same time not too over the top, I liked her verse on this one. Hott track this time around and the beat is beyond dope.

Freaky Bitch This track is funny especially the hook and those ad-libs throw it over the top. “Let me tell you ‘bout this bitch named Lisa // pussy like a hurricane I call the shit Katrina” epitomizes the entire track and that was the 1st bars on the 1st verse. Honestly nothing more needs to be quoted but that and the hook.

I Got Bread This track is very ATL, but it’s Mac Milli so of course it’s more lyrical but def’ something good for the people that like to dance. “You niggas ain’t ‘bout shit don’t debate the lesson // your money going down hill like the great depression.” Another radio ready track.

Pocket Full Of Bank Bangin’ ass beat on this one, this one will be beatin’ up trunks everywhere. The hook and ad-libs on this add to the “dope” factor. Hate to say it again, but this is another radio ready track that’d heat up the airwaves, especially in the summer.

Kingdom Come Most people will pass this up and not even really listen to the lyrics because this beat is just that dope, but listen a 2nd time and really pay attention ‘cause the boy came rather dope on this one with some nice
Gotta Make It Another track everyone can relate too. Favorite verse is the 3rd, definitely on the realness topic-wise, that whole verse is now one of my favorites from Mac Milli.

Stimulation This is one of those tracks you hear and would leave to see performed live or a video shot for. “Long as you ain’t on ya period I’m hittin’ // stimulate that spot until ya toes curl baby girl I’ma rock your world” sums it all up for this track. You’ll be singing this hook the 2nd time it comes around.

Daydreamin’ (ft. Jill Scott) Don’t usually see Mac Milli getting deep on tracks, but he flexes that muscle on this track and I certainly like what I hear.

Flow Is What I Got Personally, I’m in love with this beat so I like this track off the top, but Mac Milli definitely came with it on this one. One of the few people to do a Jay-Z beat and keep up or do better than him on it.

Love Me This song is nice because he’s talking about people family and friends, reminds me a lot of “Family Business.” Heartfelt reminiscing, he shouted out everyone but me but it’s all good.

Overall this is definitely a mixtape everyone should show support and buy. It honestly has something for everyone that into any kind of rap. Some tracks are bangers for the trunk, some you can dance to, some make you think, it’s all there so go get it. This is officially my favorite mixtape I’ve ever reviewed. Mac Milli can compete with and most likely beat any artist on the radio right now. The stakes have officially raised so get on your shit people!!

[review by L. Veracity]

for an official mixtape review contact L. Veracity at www.myspace.com/lveracity
for more Mac Milli info and updates visit www.myspace.com/macmilli

P.S. yes I know it sucks to DL each song individually
but for some reason we couldn't upload it simultaneously
get it while it's here cuz it won't be up after tomorrow

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 03-14-07 at 03:15 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 10:10 AM   #2
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Haha
its atually some dope ass songs on here L.V, but the way you reviewed it to make it seem like NOTHING is negative about this entire mixtape is weak.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 03:10 PM   #3
L. Veracity

cuz I enjoyed it the whole way through
and wouldn't skip any songs if I were listening to it again
but yeah the free DL is over so if ya'll wanna cop it...
hit up Mac's MySpace

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:

Quote:
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-07, 11:07 PM   #4
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D22F CD29

shit heard on the myspace page was ill. who the fuck is dude?... i know he from flint, thats it.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:41 AM   #5
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

nigga you aint heard of Mac Milli?
He'd crip walk all over ya face yo
esp. if you a blood

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 10:29 AM   #6
L. Veracity

hit up his MySpace again some time
I believe he's getting his CD put on CD Baby pretty soon
hit him up with a message on there for how you can get a copy if you want one

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:

Quote: