RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-06, 07:53 PM   #1
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

Ludacris - Realease Therapy

IP: 001C 5107

LUDACRIS - REALEASE THERAPY

*=Classic Track
*=Download Worthy
*=Not Download Worthy
*=N/A

*1.Warning(INTRO)-
Beat is okay.....theres a lil kid talkin on the intro..iono just was okay i guess.not the best intro i ever heard....Luda always has tight intro freestyles and he def. kills a freestyle on it though...

Rating - n/a

--

*2.Grew Up A Screw Up ft Young Jeezy - The beat is mad hot. got the biggie sample on the intro its nice.... Luda had a nice delivery like always.....He had a few quoteable lines....basiclly talks about some shit being a kid....i guess....HOOK was that biggie sample its alright I guess....:/......Jeezys on this.i could've swore Luda and Jeezy were beefing...? LOL WTF...but uhh.....jeezy's lyrics were ass.....delivery was good...i guess...talks about normal "Hustlin" shit ahhh its annoying as fuck coming from him.... ....
Overall this shits STRAIGHT I guess...beats the best part about it.....

Rating - 7.5/8-10

--

*3.Money Maker ft. Pharrell - This was one of his singles I know that....I think that this a decent song...Beat is pretty cool..iono sounds mad generic.....Theres somthing about this track thats just tight..I dont even know what it is.......Luda does a straight job on this......hook was cool..iono theres not to much to say sept its a very radio friendly song its one of those songs that'll get old quick

Rating - 7/10

--

*4.Girls Gone Wild - Beat was wack in my opinion....lyrics were just some bragging shit.....i liked his flow I guess.....seemed differnt..this sounds iono just wack as hell to me to be honest.....wow lol i was expecting better from Luda....this dissapoints me. NOT EVEN DOWNLOAD WORTHY..i mean the Only part that was decent to me was the hook

Rating - 6/10

---

*5.Ultimate Satisfaction ft. Field Mob - The beat sampled a techno song SATISFACTION.....iono it was pretty hot.....luda's delivery was pretty tight......delivery was cool......hook was iono not that great.......Field Mob did there thing on this..this songs ALRIGHt..i suppose

Rating - 7.8/10

---

*6.Mouths To Feed - I like the beats intro.....This shits pretty hard....I'm feeling this shit...problay the best song i've heard on the cd so far.....I like the snare roll they have on it..its pretty bad......Luda murders this track.....woah this is pretty hot..and its on some real shit to......I was feeelin the lyrics.....hook was cool..nice punchline track DEF DOWNLOADABLE TRACK

Rating - 9/10

---

*7.End Of The Night ft. Bobby Valentino
- I was expecting big things out of this track because that PImpin All Over the World track.....This shit is just as I expected FIRE..this is problay somthing he's gonna use for a single.....this is prettty hot....Bobby of course kills the hook....Luda had some amazing swagga on this track no doubts....This is what type of track makes a cd buyable...def. somthing fire

Rating - 9.5/10

---

*8.Woozy ft. R.Kelly
- This beat is REALLY SMOOTH some tight shit....i like the approach they came with on this.....luda sounds really dope on this track.....I'm gettin tired of the same old delivery though....he uses the same shit all the way through its gettin tiring .....but it still sounds hot....R.Kelly kills the hook..sounds kinda weird in some spots though...sounds good though

Rating - 8/10

---
*9. Tell It Like It Is - I like the intro on this......beat is tight....this is one of my fav. songs on the cd....lyrics are def. some real shit....talkin about how he came up in the game......wow its pretty damn tight...the hook is pretty hard....i'm feelin this right here.....its some real ass shit an other track that'd make the cd Buyable.....for real

Rating - 8.5/10

---
*10.War With God - THIS IS MY FAV SONG ON THE WHOLE CD PERIOD......the beat is FLAWLESS this is sucha fuckin sick ass beat.....THE LYRICS ARE DISSING SOMEONE and i dont think its Jeezy cuz he collabed with um on here...so im not sure who its for.....His punchlines are really nice.....its really sick..i'm still curious who he's dissing....:/ oh well good track no doubt....makes it downloadable

Rating - 10/10
---
*11.Do Your Time ft. Beanie Segal,Pimp C,C-Murder - this shits dope he got all the people who done bids on the track....wooh the beat is really sick......i like the effect on the hook.....I like the line he had "I'd def. die for Jesus CUZ HE DIED FOR ME" thats hot.....this song is already a classic in my book somthing that'll be rememberd 5-10 years down the road....Beanie,Pimp C,and C Murder all did there thing on the track...was def. feelin this hot.....i'm likin this

Rating - 9.8/10

---
*12.Slap - This beats pretty hot...some real westcoast sounding shit i'm def. feeling this...beats hot.....hook is pretty hot i like the way he deliverd it...def. a better song on this cd.....basiclly talkin about how hes tired of all these people getting up in his "BUSINESS" lol "KILLIN MY BOOOSSS TODAYYYY" hahah its pretty nice a good song..

Rating - 8.5/10
---
*13.Runaway Love ft. Mary J. Blige - This is problay gonna be a single on the cd no doubt......sounds SOO RADIO FRIENDLY i can imagine this being one of the big songs on MTV.......he's spitting some real ass shit on this.....i think he saved more of his better songs towards the end of the cd which was a good thing....when i first heard this i didn't like it..i'm feelin it now...mary did her thing..good shit though i like the line "it seems like hells a place i could call home"

Rating - 8.5/10
---
*14.Freedom Of Preach - I wasn't sure what to expect with this track.......Its just some stuff talkin about real life....and its one of those ehh....tracks you'd hear and not wanna listen to all the way through..good song regardless good drop..

Rating - 7.5/10
======

Replay Value - *****/*****
Buyable Value - *****/*****
Lyrical Content - *****/*****
Downloadable - *****/*****
Overall - *****/*****

This is DEF. NOT ludas best cd,but was def. a nice cd to add to his collection of cds. I think many people are gonna be dissapointed. The production seems like it got weaker.

-Past Tense

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 10-15-06, 11:01 PM   #2
Eastsyde
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D3CA A17D

good review.....i still think chicken and beer is his best cd....word of mouth is right up there with it though
Send a message via AIM to Eastsyde   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-06, 09:54 PM   #3
GBless
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BDE0 089D

this was a great CD in my opinion, lyrical wise was just amazing

Send a message via MSN to GBless   Reply With Quote