RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-03, 07:23 PM   #1
AK

Text Record: 0-7
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
help wid fruityloops

IP: 4046 94ED

can any1 give me the basics on how 2 make a basic track on fruity
Old 06-10-03, 11:40 PM   #2
DEL the funkee

Text Record: 0-1
IP: F72D FE5D

Im assuming hip hop so, ill help you out here.....

The snare is usually on 2 and 4 and the bass drum "leads" into the snare. Hi hats are usually a steady 8th beat pulse.

Here is a diagram (*= hit - = no hit) divided up into four ticks for every beat.

Kick...: * - - - | - - - * |* - * - | - - - -
Snare: - - - - | * - - -| - - - - | * - - -
Hihat.: * - * - |* - * - | * - * -| * - * -

That's a really boring and basic hip hop beat... notice how the Kick and snare interact... the kick sort of leads into the snare... you can make it feel a little "funkier" at times by delaying a kick hit until the 4th tick of either the 1st or 3rd beat... then it feels like the Kick is really leading into the snare.

Just goof around with the basic structure of this... add some kicks in various areas. Get an open hi hat to punctuate stuff. You could even delay the second snare hit by 2 ticks to trip up the feel a little bit.

Remember you can always change the channels around, FL studio comes with "hip hop pack" so you'll have a few diff hats and snares to fool around with, but you'll want some more...so try to find some samples and shit.....

I don't feel like going into "melodies"....its not somthin i can really just tell you.... it takes time to learn and get through your head

hope that helps
peace

envisionz

Last edited by DEL the funkee : 06-10-03 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-11-03, 04:27 PM   #3
Duce I Rae
BANNED

Text Record: 7-2
IP: E976 8646

Not bad advise that is tought to exsplain that I know cauz ive tryed good lookin out there ............... Peace
Send a message via AIM to Duce I Rae Send a message via Yahoo to Duce I Rae   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-03, 07:33 PM   #4
DEL the funkee

IP: F72D FE5D

Thanks
Old 06-12-03, 02:24 PM   #5
AK

IP: 74E6 E752

thats awesome envisionz thanks!
Old 06-13-03, 06:24 PM   #6
AK

IP: CB4A 9405

can any1 give me advice on how 2 build on that beat that envisionz posted
Old 07-01-03, 11:36 PM   #7
INsanity
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: D562 7CB1

aight envisions was talkin bout givin it a funkier feel if u wanna do that you can play around wit tha shuffle thing on tha step sequencer. this gives it more of a delayed kinda feel really usefull if you wanna a do a nice kinda vibe or old school beat. if u wanna use open Hi Hats i find they sound better when placed on tha up beat of 2 and 4 so in fruity it'd look kinda like this

*=hit, -=no hit, |=down beat(1,2,3,4)

|---|-*-|---|-*-

so when u use tha along wit tha drum pattern envision described with a bit of shuffle you'll have a nice groove to build your melody and harmony on.

Melodies:
Its easier to write harmonies to already exssting melodies. I believe in fruity 3.5 and up they have preset scales in the scores section in the fruity browser. open scores and then go to reference scales. then pick one. minor scales givin you better sounding hip hop beats usually(harmonic minor). then you just send it to ur selected channel. The notes of tha scale are now in the piano roll. For makin melodies all you have to do is play around with the notes there. Play around with the arrange ment of note, rythm, and octave. Make something that loops after 2 4 or 8 bars. its better for rapping. once you have made your melody you can move onto your harmonies. for this example we'll use four bars.

Harmonies:
harmony is a very complex aspect of composition. so for now i'm just gonna give u tha basics. For tha harmonies use the chord selection in the piano roll for the selected instrument u want for the harmony. in this example you picked a minor scale so pick a minor chord just to keep things basic. now for a basic beat just put a chord to hold for one bar. in this case i'm using a four bar loop so the really basic thing to do is to put a minor chord corresponding to the first note of the melody for that bar at the begining. now do tha same for the next three bars.

hopefully you can use this to make a few simple beats and arrangements. Later on in the future i might put up a tutorial to help with music composition
Old 07-02-03, 02:09 PM   #8
MiCrIpPa

IP: 399E F0FD

well i have flstudio 4 pro edition,,i find it easier to make a pattern outta sounds say for instance you want to sample some shit off of some jazz artest or motown samples,i just get my music samples,putt'em up in the fruity slicer cut up the sounds i want,put theam in a pattern thean boom you got your sound,
thean what you want to do is find yourself a nice sounding kick drum,snare and hihat,mix the drums perfectly with the sounds in tempo you got yourself an off the hook beat son,,so try that it works best for me...peace
Old 07-03-03, 12:57 AM   #9
INsanity
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9490 C0F9

yeah man i do nuff sampling. the good shit to sample is the old vibes man. The dont make music like that anymore.
Old 07-10-03, 01:57 PM   #10
Tha Duce
Duce I Rae

Text Record: 10-3
IP: 7B8E 1254

Your good at exsplaining composing If you get a chance check out my help area I put in there mabye some time we can help each other Peace

[COLOR=Blue]
Send a message via AIM to Tha Duce Send a message via MSN to Tha Duce Send a message via Yahoo to Tha Duce   Reply With Quote