RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-06, 01:39 AM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Jay-Z : Kingdom Come

IP: 97A1 4BD2

http://rapidshare.com/files/2865754...rabid-vibes.zip

I heard some good things about it, so I had to check it out myself. I didnt want to bootleg it, but I had to, this album is complete! Def. going to buy it on the 21st, and I KNOW it's going to be sold out!

01. The Prelude (Produced by B-Money)- A intro track, the same as all other Jay albums, a sample excerpt off a movie. Dont know what movie.
Jay-Z's has a great flow in this intro track when he starts rapping. This is a nice, slow tempo beat. Not his greatest intro, but lyrically a nice track with good meaning to it. 6/10
"...that's big money talk, can you answer me?..."
"...guess whose back? Since this is a new era, gotta fresh new hat!..."

AFTER LISTENING TO IT FOR A WEEK:
"I used to think that rapping at 38 was ill/ when last year alone I grossed 38 mil/ I know im not quite 38 but still/ the flow so special it gotta .38 feel"
10/10

02. Oh My God (Produced by Just Blaze) - I like this beat. Its sounds a lot like something, I cant quite put my hand on it. I like Jay-Z swag on this track. It's a head banger track. He has a complete different flow from the first track. I like that, he switches up quick. Not too much energy, it doesnt go with the beat, but he makes the beat good. Not too much to say about this track. It's just ight so far! Jay talking about these rappers gunning for him, wanting to see him fail. But, he's the king of this rap scene. 5/10"...i'm in that volvo, puffing on that lala/ducking from the popos, everytime I drive by..."
"...Now you got these baby ballers,toy rappers/calling out my name to bring the boy backwards/shooting air balls at the basket/what you call money, I pay more in taxes..."
9/10

03. Kingdom Come (Produced by Just Blaze) - I love this beat. And this song. New flow again on this one. Jay telling you to get ready, cause when Kingdom Come, there wont be no warning. And not only is he king of NYC, he king of Hip Hop.Lyrically Jay shows that he still has it, as he rides this Just Blaze beat.10/10
"...now im so enlightened, I might glow in the dark..."
"....just when you thought the whole world was going fall apart, I, take off the blazer, loosen up the tie/step inside the booth, superman is alive..."
"...got em dancing on the banquett, like they from bankhead/fuck crystal, so they asking what we drankin.."
"...Peter Park, Spiderman, All I do is climb the charts..."

8.5/10

04. Show Me What You Got (Produced by Just Blaze) - Single off the album. A high tempo, high energy track. Single material, lyrical ability is nice. Flow is different from the rest. He's sounding different on every track. I like that, you don't know what to expect. Not too much to say about this, I know damn well everybody heard this. Good track in my opinion. Not too deep for the no brainers, and not the same sounding music that's out right now. 8/10
"...Hovie Hov is the coldest/ I just get better in time, I'm like opus.."
"...shots of patrone, now she in the zone, I aint talking bout the 2-3/Mami in the zone like the homie 2,3/Jordan or james, make no difference we all balling the same..."

7/10

05. Lost Ones (Feat. Chrissette Michelle) (Produced By Dr. Dre)- Now, Jay slows it down, and goes with a Dr. Dre beat. A nice soulful/slow song. I like the pianos in this one. Jay completely switches up his flow. This flow is impossible to bite, it's even hard to recite. I like this song the most! First verse, he's talking about the whole Rocafella breakup, but he makes it sound like a marriage breakup, or compares it to that. Says, niggas was flossing too much, got a little out of line, and the fame and money made niggas start acting different. And at the end of the day, we all forgot who we were, so he had to get that off his back. Second verse, he's talking about Beyonce. How he wants to spend more time with her and settle down in life right now, but he's being selfish. He needs to give her, her time to enjoy her career, alot like he did. So, even if it hurts, he's going to let her live life and spend her time in the "army" (music industry). Third verse, Jay really lets his feelings out, talking about his nephews death. His nephew did in the car he bought, so he feels it's his fault. This song is just right, and I have alot to say about it. I'm really feeling this song, the sympathy in it, and the style he has. 10/10

"...Should've stayed in food & beverage/too much flossing, too much Sam Rothstein/I aint a bitch, but I had to divorce them/Hov' had to get that shallow shit up off him.."
"...so breathe, mami, its deserved/you was put on this earth, to be all you can be like the reserves/and me, my time in this army is served/so i had to allow she, her time to serve..."
"...my nephew died in the car I bought/so im under the belief its partly my fault/try to block my eyes, squeeze, block that thought/place any burden on me, please not that LORD..."

9.5/10

06.Do U Wanna Ride (Feat. John Legend) (Produced By Kanye West) - The guitar sound in this one, feels so right. Kanye shows a completely different sound in this one. And John Legend added a lil flavor to this song. Not the greatest hook to me. Jay's writing a letter to Emory, his brother I think, whose locked up, and telling him when he gets out, it's all going to be alright, because Jay got him. Basically just telling him to hold his head up. Nice smooth track. 7/10
"...so when you get back on the streets, we gon eat through this bread..."
...blowing marijuana, cause you know that Mary J. give you {no more drama}.."
7.5/10

07. 30 Something (Produced By Dr. Dre) - What a great track. Jay's just dissing these young niggas in the game, whose doing all the shit he used to do. They call jay old, but he still spitting fiya. He's 30 something and he's so grown up. All these rappers think they balling and hustling, but all that is old. Step yo game up! Nice dre beat. Best beat on the album in my opinion. Hook is so HOTTTT!!!! "30's the new 20" 9/10
"...I'm, young enough to know the right car to buy, but grown enough not to put rims on it/I got the 6 duce with curtains, so you cant see me/And I didnt even hafto put tents on it..."
"...I'ma bully with the bucks, don't let the pad and leather shoes fool you young'n, I got the fully in the tux/ha, that was my past, now im so grown up/i dont got one gun army, gotta slung army, to hire a gun army, get you spun like laundry, and i'll be somewhere under palm trees, calmly,listening to Rnb,when we get the call he's,no longer with us, fire ya baby sitters ..."

9/10

08. I Made It (Produced By DJ Khalil) - He dedicated this song to him mama. Just letting her no he made it, after all they been through. I like this beat, it's a slow tempo, smooth sounding...has a lot of breakdowns that make the beat even hotter. I like how he really doesn't have a hook on this, he just pauses a lot, then brings back in the flow. Not too many song have you heard Jay reminsce on the past. I like this track. 9/10
"...didn't have a man in the house so you made one/and i ask like ya husband when im only ya son!..."
10/10

09. Anything (Feat. Usher & Pharrell) (Produced By The Neptunes) - This is the wierdest beat I ever heard The Neptunes produce. I don't really like this hook that much. I like Jay flow, in the middle of his verse, he starts rapping fast. Bananas!! Jay is a lyrical beast. This is the song for the ladies. Jay and Usher on the same track, sounds wierd, but good at the same time. The hook grows on you after a while though. Not too much to say about this track. Just a single sounding song for the ladies. 7/10
6/10

10. Hollywood (Feat. Beyoncé) (Produced By Scyience) - Welcoming you to Hollywood. I like these two when they collab. I like this beat, I never heard of this producer. This song is so nice. B and Hov are unstoppable together. They talking about the hollywood life. Nothing much to say about this one. Jay switches his flow again!!!! Dude is so nice. This isn't his greatest flow on this album, but it's great with the beat. Nice flow, nice energy. Great hook. Beyonce's vocals are so on point. GREAT SONG!! 8/10
"...when ya change starts, it's a chain reaction/locomotive, like where the train starts..."
"...the music business, is like musical chairs/about where you standing when the music stop spinning..."

7/10

11. Trouble (Produced By Dr. Dre) - This is the best beat on the album so far, besides that earlier Dre beat!! This is so nice, and when the pianos came in, it just sets the mood right. Jay just saying we all the same in this one. He's no different from us all. And he's never gonna change!! Jay talking about somebody in this one. Nonetheless, a great track!! He just sets the mood back up. I like this song, because he's just brings the old Jay back out. Letting ya'll know that he still got it in him to blow!."I'm Never Gonna Change" 15/10
BEST TRACK!!
"...fuck that, exclamation, comma, quotations, I love drama, period..."
"...I done put a few lil niggas in they place before, tryna eat, without saying they grace before..."

9/10

12. Dig A Hole (Feat. Sterling Simms) (Produced By Swizz Beatz) - Swizz Beats came through with a great beat. It's dark on this one. A real head banger. These last 2 tracks, jay just gets dark with the lyrics. Telling these wack niggas to dig theyself a hole, then he gonna bury they. THIS IS A DISS TRACK FOR SURE!!! 10/10

"...how this nigga dissing me? (I made it possible)
for niggas to make history ( how is this possible?)
please explain this shit to me (how is it logical?)
we forgotten our history (lets open our bibles)
it's like the disciples, dissing Jesus, becoming his rivals
Shunning the one who, they owe they life to
Dont let that man hype you, to go against ya idol
Knowing good and God damn well, this what I do..."
"...to keep my enemies close, I give my enemies enough rope/to put theyselves in the air, I just kick away the chair..."

8.5/10

13. Minority Report (Feat. Ne-Yo) (Produced By Dr. Dre) - A song dissing the government I guess. About a minute long skit before the beat comes in. He talking about the hurricane, and some other issues. I like his low voice throughout the track and the different style, and switch up from the darker lyrics on the last 2 tracks. Dr. Dre is nice with the dark pianos throughout this whole track/album! Nice track. A need to hear, lyrics kinda low though. Sounds like Jay crying on this one. I actually like Ne-yo on this one, and I dont even like neyo, but he did good on hear. His vocals went good on this one. Funny part about this whole track, he through in that Kanye West skit, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people" Jay only spit one verse on this track. Crazy! 9/10
7/10

14. Beach Chair (Feat. Chris Martin) (Produced By Chris Martin) - For some reason, this beat sounds a lot like an Eminem beat. And I think Jay uses a Em flow at the beginning. Jay's just talking about life in this one. I think jay spilled something out in this one, that he's having a daughter on the way. I'm not too sure, I gotta listen to it again. Wow! if thats true. Jay let alot out on this album, and this song. Life's just a beach chair!! Bananas!!! 10/10
"...went from having shabby clothes
to crossing over Abbey road
and my angels singing to me (are you happy HOV)
i just hope im hearing right
karma's got me fearing like
Colleek are you praying for me
see i got demons in my past so i got daughters on the way
if the Prophecy's correct than the child shall have to pay
for the sins of the father
so i barter my tommorrows against my yesterdays
in hopes that she'll be O.K.
and when i'm no longer here
to shade her face from the glare
I'll give her my share of Carol's Daughter
and a new beach chair
..."

10/10

Overall, this album is really what hip hop needs. If we can't get rid of, let's take a huge break away from that "Snap Ya fingers" bullshit that's going on in hip hop. Jay switches up his stlye in every song, his flow, and energy. He keeps the same few producers throughout the whole album. A lot of variety beats though. Jay brings lyrics that means something back into perspective. I feel this is just a refreshing album. Jay riding solo on this one. This is a new hov'. Definately something to buy. Impossible to hate on this. Just Blaze shows off his skillz and uniqueness in this album. Dre does also. A great album, complete album from start to finish. It comes out on the 21st. Go cop this. Dont sleep on the legend himself. Overall, 8/10
8.5/10

Last edited by M Eazy : 11-28-06 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-12-06, 03:00 AM   #2
L.E
L.E

IP: 8471 8CE5

Fuck, just knowing that Dre produced beats on it is enough for me to cop it.

Dre beats = The absolute shit.
Old 11-12-06, 10:57 AM   #3
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 8E03 6AFC

Yep.and his hottest songs are with dre beats. Def. An album to buy and remember!!! I was kinda scared of the outcomes,but it seems like jay still got it,and he got better,and he's matured a lot in his lyrics
Old 11-12-06, 11:32 AM   #4
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 448B E25E

Never sleep on my boy Jay... from day one i been tellin kats that this dude was the truth... back when kats thought he was just one of Jaz-O's lackeys... Dude spits that real all the time and kats be hating on him for no reason... give the man his due... he's earned it... all you can do is aspire to reach that level... Definitely copping the album when it drops... as i do with all of his albums... werd

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-06, 12:12 PM   #5
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 3A09 2477

Yo good looks on the review this whole album is in the greats
Old 11-12-06, 12:42 PM   #6
L.E
L.E

IP: 8471 8CE5

Miniority Report is by far the best track on the album.
Old 11-12-06, 12:43 PM   #7
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Im not gonna comment on it until I buy it
but for some reason you sayin that alot of the songs good makin me think that they're wack

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-06, 02:01 PM   #8
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

Minority Report is easily tha best song on tha album

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-06, 02:24 PM   #9
blckout20
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 3843 597C

The albums pretty hot I just don't really like Show Me What You Got but whatever the rest of the album is hot. Good review thanks man.
Old 11-12-06, 02:44 PM   #10
Compose

IP: B574 0B44

lost ones is really dope but thats the only one im feeling that much, minority report could've been good if he stopped rapping like someone was grabbing his nuts after every line

but dre definately isnt as good as he used to be, his new beats sound like theyre missing something all the time, the beats on 2001 were the fuckin shit, but nothing ive heard yet is as good as them except a few ones he made for em
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus

Last edited by Compose : 11-12-06 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-12-06, 03:53 PM   #11
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Im not gonna comment on it until I buy it
but for some reason you sayin that alot of the songs good makin me think that they're wack

That should make you wanna go buy it. But I'ma keep it real. Jay my nigga, but not every track I'm feeling. The majority of this album is nice.I did only listen to it twice, and I'm feeling em, I'm just saying, go buy it. If you wanna be cheap, bootleg first, then go buy.

I'm buying it on the 20th. My nigga work at Best Buy, they get shit on MOnday nights.
Old 11-12-06, 07:13 PM   #12
chronix
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 94B0 FEE7

Only thing I didn't agree wit is OMG & the prelude's low rating and then show me what you got's high rating. I think SMWYG was like 6.5/10 or so.
Old 11-12-06, 08:21 PM   #13
Flip
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 90FB F52B

album got leaked last night...

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Send a message via AIM to Flip   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-06, 09:08 PM   #14
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

And when I DL'd it, it said 69 downloaders already.
Old 11-12-06, 10:08 PM   #15
Valiant
Human Crack in The Flesh.

Text Record: 11-3
IP: 1125 933A

Fuck that Kingdom CUM shit, Jay's over past his limit

Join The Dynasty Today

----

THE 300 DYNASTY