RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-06, 04:14 PM   #1
Killa-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Cassidy Critically Injured

IP: B804 4AFF

Philadelphia rapper Cassidy is in critical condition, after an accident last night (Oct. 4) in New Jersey injured him and four passengers.

Cassidy, born Barry Reese, suffered the most severe of the injuries.

While details are sketchy, the rapper was reportedly leaving New Jersey for a recording studio, when a truck swerved into oncoming traffic and crashed into Cassidy's side of the SUV he was riding in.

"He was the only one that suffered critical injuries," a representative for Cassidy's label Sony/BMG told AllHipHop.com. "[He suffered] a fractured skull and broken bones on the left side of his face."

Four other passengers in the vehicle also suffered injuries, but the severity was not known at press time.

Cassidy is being held at an undisclosed hospital in the New York City area.

The rapper rose to fame with the release of his first solo single 2004's "Hotel," which featured R. Kelly. The single was taken from his debut Split Personality, which landed at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200 upon its release in March of 2004.

In June of 2005, just as Cassidy was preparing his sophomore album I'm a Hustla, he was arrested and charged with the murder of a 22-year-old man Desmond Hawkins, after a shootout behind his Philadelphia row home in April.

During Cassidy's trial, a key prosecution witness recanted his statements about witnessing the rapper firing a gun and claimed police told him what to say.

In Jan. 2006, Cassidy was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of aggravated assault and possession of an instrument of crime.

Police said they found ammunition in Cassidy's house which matched shell casings recovered from the crime scene.

Cassidy was released from prison in March of 2006, after serving eight months behind bars. The rapper was working on his third album for Swizz Beatz' Full Surface label, which is distributed by J Records.

Shortly after his release, the rapper told AllHipHop.com that he had learned from his experiences over the past year and was on a much different course.

"I’m more patient, humble," Cassidy told AllHipHop.com in March 2006. "I’ve got a better relationship with God and my family. I know my real friends. I just learned so much from it. I was able to clear my mind up – not drink and smoke and party and not deal with the business every day. I was able to think – get my priorities together. I came to the conclusion of where I wanna go and the type of artist I wanna be."

Cassidy was recently featured on the Swizz Beatz' produced song "One Day," which was produced in conjunction with the International Peace Concert.

Cassidy was to perform the song with Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Chris Brown, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Lyfe Jennings during the International Peace Concert, which airs live from the Coliseum in Rome, Italy on December 9th.

Last edited by Killa-K : 10-05-06 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 04:22 PM   #2
Golden shellz
NOK

IP: 5B47 F59E

wooooooooooow thats crazy, good find on this one.

Original N.O.K Member

Send a message via AIM to Golden shellz   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 06:54 PM   #3
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

damn man...even though this dont have links it seems like its real
too much detail for someone ta just make up ta fool people

cassidy just got released from prison for a murder case
now hes in critical condition just when he was getting his shit 2gether
damn man my prayers will defintly be wit cassidy all the way
we cant afford ta have another good rapper die in the industry
Old 10-05-06, 06:59 PM   #4
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 7F89 BB76

i heard this was fake
I dont know though, only time will tell for certain though

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 07:01 PM   #5
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

^^yea lets hope its fake
Old 10-05-06, 10:00 PM   #6
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 7F89 BB76

nope
its real
smh smh
its real

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 12:17 PM   #7
Killa-K
Flyweight

IP: A517 DD12

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6226

Here's the link i got it from, it's defiantely real.
Old 10-06-06, 12:58 PM   #8
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 8E03 6AFC

I don't see how it would be fake. This is not good news though. Glad he survived and hope he'll be ok.
Old 10-06-06, 01:15 PM   #9
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

i already see R.I.P's to cassidy running through my mind
Old 10-07-06, 05:24 AM   #10
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: B3A7 0DD0

Man Cass can't catch a break.

Shit sucks, dude got out of bars like 6 months ago and he in the hospital now.

Thats some shit.
Old 10-07-06, 06:16 AM   #11
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 3A9D 1961

Fuck.

hope man gets better.
Old 10-07-06, 07:48 PM   #12
Czar Bishop
Zar Bi-Shup

Text Record: 2-0
IP: C5F5 015A

Damn..

2 rappers dead in 1 year?

I hope not

Hope he gets well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
i dont liek this czar kid
Send a message via MSN to Czar Bishop Send a message via Yahoo to Czar Bishop   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-06, 04:36 AM   #13
Killa-K
Flyweight

IP: B372 2276

The driver of a truck that critically injured Philadelphia rapper Cassidy has been issued a summons for making an improper turn.

According to police, Javier Trujillo Gonzalez, 36, of Carson City, MI, was issued the ticket for his role in the accident, after his truck ran a red light and crossed into a an intersection, broad siding the Chevy Suburban that Cassidy and three passengers were traveling in.

"We know from the other witnesses, that the guy made an illegal move that caused the accident," Cassidy's attorney Simon Rosen told AllHipHop.com. "It was unfortunate, but thank god he's recovering and that he didn't die. He's getting better and stronger everyday. I always joked with Cassidy that he was a hard headed guy and thank god for that - literally."

Cassidy, 24, was enroute to a recording studio in Yonkers, NY last Thursday (Oct. 5) shortly after midnight when the accident occurred.

Gonzalez' truck hit the driver's side of the Suburban, with Cassidy absorbing most of the impact.

Cassidy, born Barry Reese, suffered a fractured skull and numerous broken bones in his face. Doctors have performed CAT scans and so far, have found no abnormalities with his brain activity.

Cassidy, who recently regained consciousness, is expected to recover from his injuries.

"He went through a large trauma that would have taken the life of less healthy people," Rosen said. "He was in good health before the accident. Everybody has supported him from all over the world. The fraternalism of the Hip-Hop community isn't going to make headlines, but there are a lot of people that have banned together from the Hip-Hop community to support Cassidy. It's not all about negativity."
Old 10-12-06, 04:37 AM   #14
Killa-K
Flyweight

IP: B372 2276

Old 10-14-06, 03:09 PM   #15
J-360
KEMIST MUDAFUCKER

Text Record: 1-4