RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-06, 12:09 AM   #1
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

Hot Rod - Baby of the Unit

IP: 001C 5107

OFFICIAL PAST TENSE HOT ROD BABY OF THE UNIT ALBUM REVIEW

*=Classic
**=Good Ass Song
***=okay song
****=Meh..i could live without it
*****=UHHHH not feeling it

**1.Fastlane - Beats pretty hot on some club shit...i'm liking what he's talkin about...flows pretty solid......good punchlines he def. has potential to be a threat for the Unit no lies...good shit..."I gotta du-rag on my head like RAMBO" lmao...ahhah thats tight.......good shit I like this song...it aint to bad

**2.Be Easy ft. Mary J. Blige - I'm feelin the vibe on this track.....Shits pretty damn hot imo......Mary kills it with the singing woooah lol...this shits pretty hot...i'm feeling Rod's swagga on this track....this has some possibilty to be a hit on the real

***3.Rip It Up - This beat is fuckin sick as hell.the hook is pretty hot......quality kinda sounds distored a bit but no doubt it still is pretty nice......flow has a lot of swagga....this is a good track not like WOAH but good

***4.Roll Wit Me - The beat sounds like some like Neptune type shit in the beginning.....im feelin the vibe of this song....beat is pretty hot....the hook is good......couple of good punchlines songs pretty okay

**5.Dont Turn The LIghts off ft. 50 cent - The hook is really smoove of course 50's on it so its real catchy melodies tight......50 has a couple of straight lines.......Rod kills the track...his swagga is relentless...woohhh

***6.Hustlin(FREESTYLE) - Its on that hustlin beat......His voice kills the beat with that swagga and delivery is tight..he goes for a fast/slow type of flow....sounds good and sounds like he recorded it up in a closet but its tight..

*7.Hot R.O.D - its on some kanye west beat shit....GRAMMY FAMILY instrumental.......his punchlines are sick like Jr Writer/Jae Millz but sicker..i'm def feeling this shit......he rips this track a new asshole

**8.Hatin On The Kid - Its on that Grill Em' beat.....i'm feeling this shit.....his vocals are a tad bit loud sounds like he recorded at his crib......its straight...iono nothin out of the ordinary..had some tight punchlines "50 set a pick i went around scored the bucket" somthin like that hahhaa it was tight the way he said it.....He had an other tight line it was like "your bitch went sooo far down south she came up with an accent" lol then he had an other line "My flow so hot your verse aint even as tight as my adlibs"..good track i change my mind

**9.Work It OUt ft. Lloyd Banks - I like the intro....the beats pretty tight....the hook is pretty damn hot..i'm feelin the way he deliverd that shit.....it was some hot.....Some more hot punchlines he like a young banks in his prime...but better .....woah i'm feelin this dudes lines....Banks had a few tight lines.......iono i was feeling Rod a lil bit more...but he still came cool good song though

*10. The Cannon Freestyle - he had some tight lines you know how on the cannon beat it goes "CANNON" he says "I got lines that got your crew WILDING OUT LIKE NICK Then it goes "CANNON" shit was tight
good track

***11.Durrty - Its on that Ridin' beat lol the girl at the beginnin sounds like a hooker......lol the hook is cool...iono this sounds like a rushed song i'm not feelin this completly iono its straight..not really that tight

Overall this was a pretty good mixtape i was feeling it

def. listenable

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 11-02-06, 04:22 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DC75 FA29

lol @ hot Rod's wack ass pshhhh

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 04:48 PM   #3
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 04DB 79A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
*=Classic
**=Good Ass Song
***=okay song
****=Meh..i could live without it
*****=UHHHH not feeling it

Lol @ this rating system.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 11-03-06, 01:56 AM   #4
Flip
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 90FB F52B

why would he put freestyles on his album??

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Send a message via AIM to Flip   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-06, 09:52 AM   #5
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: DC75 FA29

^yo you blind?

"Overall this was a pretty good mixtape i was feeling it"

Every time I come across one of your posts you're always makin' a stupid remark. damn son... get your shit together

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 08:28 AM   #6
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 279C 786E

well...first off...props on the review...always love to read peoples thoughts on shit..

second off...good lookin out for mixtapes...i love them more than anything else..

but..........

hot rod is basically just another 50 cent protoge' that is suppose to bring "fire" to hip-hop when he sitll hasn't hit puberty....almost like Ya Boy...they are both just whack and fake as fuck....i would def. enjoy tha games latest signee...which i forget his name..but he too is from Arizona...and i can't wait to get some of his shit....

but good looking out

-1-
Old 11-19-06, 06:15 PM   #7
3rdshift513
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 162E ADDF

^^^^ his name is juice....
Send a message via AIM to 3rdshift513   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-06, 06:37 PM   #8
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: AD32 343F

I dunno im feeling Hot Rod and Cashis a Little bit more than Juice.

But game did have a great line up. I wish he wouldn't of dropped Techniec.