RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-08, 02:48 PM   #1
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Scarface - MADE

IP: 2998 9024

Record Label: Rap A Lot/Asylum Records
Featured Artists: Z-Ro, Nina, Wacko

If you’re in your early-to-mid 20’s then you might consider T.I. the king of the south, but if you’re in your late 20’s/early 30’s then the king of the south is no other than Mr. Scarface. And he’s back to rightfully claim his crown with Made, his 11th studio album. Arguable the five-mic masterpiece The Fix is considered to be his best work to date, but Brad Terrence Jordan proves his relevance and his place in Hip-Hop history should never be in question with this album.

After the intro fades out, the album gets underway with "Never". As Scarface talks about all the stuff he’ll never do, with the voice sample of a female saying “never” cosigning him in the background. "Girl You Know" has elements of Twista’s "Overnight Celebrity" to it, but then again "Overnight Celebrity" has elements of Lenny Williams’ 70’s hit, "Cause I Love You"; so all is fair in love and music. But instead wanting to parade the female around the world like Twista did in his version, Scarface talks about sour relationships, and cheating boyfriends/girlfriends.

Scarface’s narrative skills are on display with "Burn" (feat. Z-Ro). With lines like: “My hands got powder burns, I just murdered a man/took his life over nothing if you ask me/f**k it/it was him, or either m e/so I saw fit to empty out the clip on this b**ch.” Everybody talks about killing someone on their records, but the reason why you can listen to Scarface’s description of events is because he expresses himself so intensely, you have no choice but think as if he really did do it.

"Go" (feat. Nina) is a tale of an over-smothering girlfriend that doesn’t seem to give her man any space to breathe. Dollar is pretty much self-explanatory. With lines like: “I’m ‘bout my game/can’t take sh*t light/rich today/be broke tonight.” He lets people know that failure is not an option. "Who Do You Believe In" is a tale of how things have changed, and they’re a far cry from what they used to be.

" Git Out My Face" is one of the standout tracks on the album. With an opera-type essence Scarface divulges a hit list of negative people that need to leave him alone. "The Suicide Note" is nothing less than extraordinary, as Scarface reassures us that his storytelling deliberation is like no other (I’m not going to quote any lyrics on this one, you’re going to have to listen for yourself). Songs like "Boy Meets Girl", and "Bigg Dogg Status" also help to keep the album together.

Scarface’s Made is just another testament in the career of one of the greatest MC’s to ever grace our eardrums. And he is surely one king that everybody still wants to be down with.