RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-04, 01:12 AM   #1
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
the truth

IP: 5285 DC82

I, Afrika Bambaataa, have heard it all, read it all, in many magazines throughout the world, and seen almost all in this continuing bullshit about which rappers are better, east coast v west coast, Miami bass hip-hop is bullshit, British Rappers sound funny rapping, electro funk, techno rappers are soft, I like hardcore rap and beats, this one group is like that, old school vs new school, Rap wouldn't be rap if it wasn't for the battles, I'm the quickest, baddest rapper, deejay around, Go Go music in Washington D. C. is dead. It's all about hip-house or house music all night long. I dis you, you dis me, my crew will take you out or kick your ass, fuck this or that, Nigger, Bitch, Nigguz, Nigguh, Hoe, Hooker, Bitches with Problems, Hoes with Attitudes.

Just look at yourselves, sounding like a bunch of fools, who really don't have any true knowledge of self and knowledge of hip-hop culture and what it's all about. First of all, let me tell you that the music (beats) that makes up hip-hop, comes from different nationalities and races, especially from black people, and if you think I am a brother who don't know what he is talking about, just check out many of the music, beats, grooves and sounds that many of your rappers use to make their records or rap over.
Hip-hop music in general is colorless and not racist. It comes from many categories in music, for example: Hip-hop music is made up from other forms of music like funk, soul, rhythm & blues, jazz, rock heavy metal, salsa, soca (calypso), TV shows, kiddie shows, horror movies, techno, pop, disco, african, arabic, reggae -etc. . . . and if you use any records from these categories, you will see that the music is made by people from different races or nationalities from all over the planet, but it's roots start with black people.

I have read many interviews by different rap groups throughout the world, just to see where their heads are at, whether they are really knowledgeable about hip-hop music/culture or whether they are just plain assholes. Many of the rappers will down(dis) another rapper because he or she wanted to experiment with hip-hop by singing or adding a different sound in hip-hop to create something new. When are all of you in the hip-hop world going to 'wake up'? You love to keep dissing each other for nothing and if you were wise in your disrespect of each other, you would know how to make money with respecting your disrespect of each other, if you truly understand what I am saying.

Many who are into hip-hop or part of hip-hop culture throughout the world need a check up from the neck up. In fact, and in truth, the whole human family needs one. Everyone needs to check up on their own roots and culture and seek the real truths on life on this so-called planet Earth. Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, facts and truths about black, brown, red, yellow and white people and not that brainwash white supremacy shit that white people in power have taught all over the world and to their own people of the so called planet Earth.

Yes there are many wrongs in the worldwide hip-hop community, but there are also many aspects of positivity within the hip-hop community that the media or trade magazines rarely focus upon. Many of you in hip-hop culture don't even listen to the rappers who are trying hard to wake your asses up to what is going on in the bigger scale than of what you see in your neighborhoods, their message goes in one ear and out the other.

The media does play a big role in destroying the hip-hop culture movement, but many of you in the hip-hop community are the biggest enemies of hip-hop and you will be the ones who will help the enemies of hip-hop to destroy it, or to bring it back underground, because of your ignorance of knowledge of hip-hop. This has started the difference between 'old school' and 'new school'. To myself (Afrika Bambaataa) there is only one school and that's the learning, evolving, going through the different phases or cycles school of hip-hop. That is the real hip-hop school. A lot of you in the world of hip-hop better start looking at the problems in your own backyard as well as the world, because while you are enjoying yourselves etc. there are many plots being sprung to destroy hip-hop in the world. Because many people in government look at hip-hop music and its culture as a radical music that gets straight to the point and music that will wake up the youth and young adults throughout the world. They can also use hip-hop to backfire and destroy itself. You can believe what I'm saying. But time will tell and I see what you see not.

Peace be unto you,
Your brother In music and faith, Afrika Bambaataa.

respect the culture.

Last edited by Crossword : 12-12-04 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-12-04, 12:12 AM   #2
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP: 5285 DC82

the truth got yall silenced huh?
Old 12-12-04, 01:07 PM   #3
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 3358 DF00

*bows to Afrika Bambaataa*
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 12-13-04, 03:13 PM   #4
fluidmoon
<<-Carpe Noctum->>

IP: 0825 899A

wow, this was beautiful, i'ma DL some of his shit now...lol

O Y D

*FluidMusic*

*Poetic Scriptures Moderator*
Old 12-18-04, 06:30 AM   #5
Adamant
Flyweight

IP: C9AF B0A1

agreed, this sticky is Godly..
too bad this goes far over the head of most
of the peons who post in here
Bambaataa's a pioneer
recognize
Old 12-19-04, 01:47 AM   #6
dfunk
Light Weight

IP: 541B 925B

With all respect, he said nothing that most of us 'real' hip-hop heads don't already know about.

As for the guy that said he was gonna "go download some of his shit" .. your head must be thick.
Old 12-19-04, 02:18 AM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP: 838B 916B

The reason I posted it up is so that the un-informed could read the truth. education my freind.

That "guy" is a girl.
Old 12-19-04, 06:58 PM   #8
Adamant
Flyweight

IP: 3D4D CB3F

Dfunk,
you have to understand the majority
of people on this site are retards
who think G-Unit is the best thing ever
Old 12-19-04, 09:20 PM   #9
dfunk
Light Weight

IP: 541B 925B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi-del
The reason I posted it up is so that the un-informed could read the truth. education my freind.

That "guy" is a girl.

Understood, you made a point.
Old 12-21-04, 12:50 PM   #10
Spektikul
The Original Half Ass King

Text Record: 36-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 182D 932C

Fi-del, your godly...always speakin the truth dawg...keep it up, *respected*
Old 12-23-04, 05:05 PM   #11
Kordozar
Gone

Text Record: 46-19
IP: 2A78 666D

Neva Heard Of It Iss It A Link Fa It................
Send a message via AIM to Kordozar   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 06:02 AM   #12
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 0825 899A

I agree with alot of it..

but I seriously think she did more bashing then explaining..

she basically bill cosbied us..instead of giving a veiw or

assistance to developing a better soceity..rather then

just say shame on you world..it was still a wake up call..nice fi del

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 07:55 AM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 48EA 7C3F

word.. mainstream rappers destroy us
Old 12-25-04, 11:45 PM   #14
Hate chew
Yes you.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 5EB2 C640

bambaataa's real.fi-del is also real for bringing this to rv.
thanx fi-del.
Old 12-26-04, 06:28 PM   #15
Oz™

IP: 8C77 ED07

AB is pimp..........

Send a message via AIM to Oz™ Send a message via MSN to Oz™ Send a message via Yahoo to Oz™   Reply With Quote