RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-07, 11:19 AM   #16
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

Something tells me the majority of 2pac love givers have never really looked up the history of 2pac.

Dude aint gangster. Dude aint hard. Dude was known for his meaningful lyrics, and that's mostly it. Biggie known for his flow and thugness. It came down to hits that killed them both and everyone used them as an example to not take beef too far.

Both made massive record sales after death, like any artist, but 2pac got more you know why? Because he had more meaningful lyrics which is good even after death, and Biggie still had that gangster gun shit which isn't good after death.

Lyrics nowadays kick the total shit out of old time lyrics, and that's fact. As years go on people grow different trends and times change so it's hard to say 2pac is still dope. Yes he still has good music but in the future it will be old school, and we'll all face that fact. All music gets old, sometime.

So please, next time one of you kids say R.I.P., actually MEAN IT and stop arguing over who the fuck was a better rapper. Tupac Shakur was a person and we lost him to pointless beef. Okay? That's all it is to it. P.eaceful E.ternal S.leep.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-29-07, 11:24 AM   #17
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Lyrics nowadays kick the total shit out of old time lyrics, and that's fact.

fam...big l and big puns lyrics murder any shit you hear these days. plus rakim raised the bar in the first place so what are you even talking about?
Old 09-29-07, 11:41 AM   #18
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

Doesn't raising the bar just mean that everyone around you catches on and goes up with you?

Word, those other artists you mentioned weren't here to be a part of that when the bar got raised, multiple times.

So I'm glad you're a loyal fan to those heads, but as the bar raises you can only REMEMBER them.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-29-07, 01:48 PM   #19
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: D5E6 D906

Since when do sales demostrate skill Hell...If Young Jeezy keeps going i wouldnt be suprised if his sales cought up with Pac one day

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 04:45 PM   #20
L.E
L.E

IP: DBA9 C526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Anubis
sales dont mean shit.

Actually, sales mean everything.

It's a business.
Old 09-29-07, 05:00 PM   #21
scanz
-da prophit-

IP: D732 E31C

ok... Tupac is a legend and one of the greatest rappers there will ever be.... he made it cus he was real... M&M made it cus he pushed his ass to make it... no body wanted to hear a white rapper out of D. his fisical apperence slowed him down... in the industry now and days its all about looks which is totally fucked up... if u get a dope as rapper and dress his ass up like a highschool nerd no one gonna look at his ass and take him seriously... it shouldnt be like that but sadly that is how it is and its fucked up... no in record states of who is better at writing music?? i would say tupac... slim is a genius but.... sadly to say... he has only rapped about his life and once he is done telling his story on how fucked up his life was he will slow down... like he has now.... he used to drop song after song... but he dont now... most say its becus of Proofs death.. but i dont think so... it took an effect but i dont think it would do it that bad... some say yes. im just speaking my mind... tupac on the other hand is a legend there for he not only spoke about his life..(even tho he did alot of doing that) he made songs that impacted the US. and made them look at things differently... slim has yet to do that... he just writes something about HIS life and its a hit...Tupac takes it to another level and does somethin that alot of ppl could relate to and makes it a song.. like the song Changes... that made an impact on my life and a bunch of others....
these my opinions... love them or hate them i dont give a shit....over-all tupac is better.. he aint a lyrical genius like Slim... but he made better points... better songs... better hits....he was just a little bit less creative then slim... or atleast i think so anyways...
Old 09-29-07, 05:00 PM   #22
scanz
-da prophit-

IP: D732 E31C

rofl... shit i wrote alot...
Old 10-03-07, 12:35 PM   #23
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: CAC0 6EFC

...yeah, alot of crap

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 10-04-07, 06:55 AM   #24
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: D510 61C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
Eminem>tupac..basically..................................

yea now thats just fuckin stupid.
Old 10-04-07, 07:59 AM   #25
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1236 F4FC

how is saying eminem is better than tupac stupid?

People have differant tastes in music than you, it's called an opinion, fucking idiots.
Old 10-04-07, 10:13 AM   #26
Cannabarz-K.O.R
Escaped Cannabalism Emcee

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: FB91 765D

Who cares, if Tupac is surpassed by eminem in record sales it is what it is, No ill will towards it because it's really not that big of a deal at all.

..Trust me, the rumors were true....you dont got a fucking chance. ..

Honors

..Jan 2007 Superior Cypher ..
..May 2007 Superior Cypher ..

Old 10-29-07, 01:09 PM   #27
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 4C8A 3B40

i would think of it as fair. i mean think about it, in a way they're both revolutionaries for they're race. eminem broke barriers with being a white emcee, and 2pac has the black panthers in his backround. so really eminem is a revolutionary for the white race and 2pac is a revolutionary for the black race. i think that makes them even.

on top of that maybe eminem is selling more records only cuz he's white but maybe 2pac's selling more records only because he's dead along with all the "alive" conspiricies.
Old 02-09-08, 03:48 PM   #28
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
IP: F4CB 9C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanz
tupac on the other hand is a legend there for he not only spoke about his life..(even tho he did alot of doing that) he made songs that impacted the US. and made them look at things differently... slim has yet to do that... he just writes something about HIS life and its a hit...Tupac takes it to another level and does somethin that alot of ppl could relate to and makes it a song.. like the song Changes.

i know this is a old thread but still had to add my opinion.

eminem is actually in my opinion more impacting because, your right 2pac talked about more things beyond his own life but at the same time eminem is talking about ACTUAL things that happened to him in his music. its more easy to relate when you know that person went through it themselves and not just rhyming about it. not saying that 2pac wasnt real but i think he tryed to stretch his fanbase too much.

when you hear about eminem talk bout his daughter and his relationship with her and kim..and his father not being there, how the media effects his life, his money situation, sure it might be shit bout him but people that have daughters or hard edge relationships with their baby mama/girlfriend, theres people that been abandoned by THEIR fathers, and having problems with their mother so they can relate more than ever
Old 02-09-08, 04:18 PM   #29
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 1534 29FE

eminem= that nig

Indeph= needs to die

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 08:07 PM   #30
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Text Record: 13-9
IP: 5EE2 AE55

Jesus alot of fucked up opinions in my opinion but some correct views. someone said music moves on, which is correct but you never forget the hits! Think of what your mum/dad plays, the golden oldies-they dont sit and listen to all the latest music out.But a small fraction does keep up with the times but only a few.We all think we wont get old thats the problem but we will i.e life slows down abit, so you start to appreciate relaxing/relaxing music which to you would be music you know well like the music you grew up with.
Em is a better lyricist but there never will be a time when he becomes better then 2pac overall.Thats a complete sin in its self, if pac was still alive now if would be still dropping shit left right centre. As for sales you have to consider how much rap/hip hop has become more known worldwide in the last decade, so of course em would have a advantage there.But in pacs advantage in the last decade white people have become more excepted in rap.
Its true em doesnt really rap about much else apart from him-self and family, whilst tupac rapped about everyone including all the struggles that was going on everywhere.
Young jeezy couldnt pass either if he rapped till his 95 word.
Word to big L + big pun too, style like no others. Again shits a shame.
No-one will ever touch people like pac did, he gave a shit about everyone and not alot of other rappers have shown that, even if people says its fake, it was'nt at all in my opinion but if it was at least he more then mention others unlike 9.9/10's of rappers.
Rakim is certainly lyrically gifted big time, but dont like his style/music myself.
Anyways..................

Peace
Send a message via MSN to Brydon   Reply With Quote