RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-06, 02:54 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
My opinions regarding text battles

IP: 0825 899A

Ok first off, audio heads: Stop being cocky and retarded towards text heads. Just because they can't do audio doesn't mean they cant rap. Just like if a person is quiet doesn't mean he cant talk. I consider OM's and poetry very interesting reads and anyone with half a brain can tell if something is good or not. The hilarious thing about RV is, if the audio heads posted their lyrics alone in the OM section they'd most likely get 5/10's. Just like if the OM heads recorded their shit it would be gay. Don't get me wrong there's definetly a shitload of ppl on here who could do both because they're one in the same. It's al about personal choice, and for text heads who cant do audio but want to, a setback. Audio heads who use "you're a textee you can't talk about real rap" as an insult is like saying "man, you're a ghostwriter you can't talk about real music". Everyone just stfu about it cause RV already has enough gayness. Now as for battling...

Every single battle from now on should require arranged guest judges. As in offline Live battles, there's usually impartial people to vote on who they think won. The problem with this is, we have a system where we can't choose how many votes win. We need to go back to the "poll" thing, and there should be a choice on the stipulation. Like if I wanted to have my battle to be a 2 out of 3 thing instead of the 1st to 5 votes. Or a battle where the battle polls close at a certain time and whoever has the most votes by the end of that wins, like american idol or some gay shit. But yes this would interfere with the judges thing, so fuck what i said about the judge thing i dont care, fuck u asshole no one wanted to hear what u had to say anyway bitch damn right i called u a bitch, bitch. So in my opinion to bring RV back you need a very popular battle community. So far all this board has to offer is coo people and girls with pretty pictues. I mean come on now we need to get this shit going and I don't mean the brief period where ppl battle and then it goes downhill. I mean come on its not all that serious, but I just wanna have fun. And when i know other ppl arent battling then I dont want to either. And I KNOW that i should take the 1st step, but fuck that shit bitch. Please, if you don't want me to make another thread, DO things with battling. I swear I'll vote as long as its not a 90 line topical battle on plastic waterfalls. Kcoo
Old 07-29-06, 03:00 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Uppin (here, yall gon make me lose my mind)
Old 07-29-06, 03:03 PM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

That OMB video was pretty funny wasn't it LE....
Old 07-29-06, 03:03 PM   #4
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F94A DB0D

the only reason, text heads catch flames is because alot of em are cocky, walk around with the nutsack of a wale, when really, HIPhop was prodimantly cyphers and VERBAL shit. ghostwriterz are poets man. they arent rappers. theres a DISTINCT difference.

en emcee = hiphop in its essence to me. a ghostwriter = someone who just knows how to use words good, but cant spit which is more than 50 percent of being an MC.

i feel you on audio heads being cocky towards text heads, and thats wrong but when you workin with a handikap (not being able to rap, since rap is verbal, other wise it would be poetry......) you need to be humble as fuck. just my opinion

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 07-29-06, 03:05 PM   #5
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Are you telling me if I read a poem outloud its a rap? And before Nas wrote one mic, while it was on paper it was nothing but a poem and not a rap song?
Old 07-29-06, 03:05 PM   #6
Ca'lam
The Light

he wrote it to a beat man.. evber heard the expression, rap is merely poetry to a beat... subtract the beat, and what do you have ?

Old 07-29-06, 03:07 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Rap can be acapella too. It's the way it's written, it has a flow to it and theres very thin lines between spoken word and rap. Rap has a structure and everything. I write most of my songs without a beat even playing. But i have a flow in my head when I write it. Not a beat and it ends up going to any beat I write it to.
Old 07-29-06, 03:07 PM   #8
Ca'lam
The Light

you know what im trying to say man.. a rapper is someone whos an EMcee.. search in hiphop for who qualifies as a Master Of Ceremony. once you square away with that shit. re-evaluate a non verbal rapper

Old 07-29-06, 03:08 PM   #9
Indeph
Not_Indeph

And rap is Rhythm And Poery. Suggesting rap is just reading a poem outloud belittles the variety rap has that poetry can't even begin to go into. Rap is it's on thing, not a mutated form of another artform.
Old 07-29-06, 03:10 PM   #10
Ca'lam
The Light

... poetry is one of the most diverse artforms besides painting and drawing yo, what is you sayin ?

Old 07-29-06, 03:12 PM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
you know what im trying to say man.. a rapper is someone whos an EMcee.. search in hiphop for who qualifies as a Master Of Ceremony. once you square away with that shit. re-evaluate a non verbal rapper

Yeah I know don't get me wrong. But obviously if people on the site are claiming to be rappers than just read it and flow to it. If someone posted a verse up and didnt even say it was a rap song and I read it and i felt the rhythm and flow to it then its obviously a rap song. Like you said its a handicap and people are working with what they have, not everyone has money for a mic or even the privledge of recording. The difference between this situation and offline situations is to rap offlien u dont need a 100 dollar mic, a 200 preamp and a 20 dollar pop filter. You don't even need an instrumental you can just spit. This is technology we're typing on. Audio heads PAYED for their equipment. Text heads arent handicaps at all actually, audio heads are privledged.
Old 07-29-06, 03:14 PM   #12
David Lama
oh yea?

Text Record: 7-0
IP: AC49 6392

I agree that text heads shouldnt be cocky, that is kinda corney. but text itself isnt corney, its just another form of writing.
Old 07-29-06, 03:16 PM   #13
chronix
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 94B0 FEE7

I've come to find that battling online period is a waste of time and energy. Just post your tracks and keep moving...people 'll know who's better, i'm not gonna make a rap just for you, record it n' waste time on it when I could use that time making a song that you can actually put on a tape n' spread around...Yea, some battles are neccessary (and sometimes entertaining) if people keep talkin shit, but that's the thing, you shouldn't talk shit...let the tracks speak.
Old 07-29-06, 03:17 PM   #14
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronix
I've come to find that battling online period is a waste of time and energy. Just post your tracks and keep moving...people 'll know who's better, i'm not gonna make a rap just for you, record it n' waste time on it when I could use that time making a song that you can actually put on a tape n' spread around...Yea, some battles are neccessary (and sometimes entertaining) if people keep talkin shit, but that's the thing, you shouldn't talk shit...let the tracks speak.

No doubt, it'd be so much fun to battle if only people would just follow simple rules. -_-
Old 07-29-06, 03:18 PM   #15
Ca'lam
The Light

... the people im talking about are peopel who DONT spit. im not an asshole, actually im the opposite.

i understand the money situation. but most cat are just afraid to. i baught a 20 dollor usb mic when i first astarted, and used that untill i saved up. money isnt an issue if you have a passion for something.

and poetry has flow, are you kidding ? have you ever been to a real poetry club. i go to em all the time, since listening to poetry is amongst one of my favorite things to do.

Poets have MORE freedom than rappers do when it comes to flow. there are NO guidlines, NO rules. Just pure passio of painting a vivid picture with words.

Rap - has MANY rules if you want to be concieved as a good rapper. Sure people ppush the envelope, if you off beat or your rhyme scheme sucks. its plain and apearent to see.

poetry doesent even have to rhyme lmao.. no way rap is more expressive and more respected than poetry