RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-10, 05:08 AM   #1
wishiwas
Herb

Inner game and vocal techniques

IP:

Hi,

Any seasoned emcees willing to share some inner game and vocal techniques?

Thanks.

Last edited by wishiwas : 02-07-10 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks
Old 02-09-10, 11:56 AM   #2
wishiwas
Herb

IP:

This subject matters a lot to me and I'd like to get y'all perspective on it.

Peace.

Last edited by wishiwas : 02-09-10 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-09-10, 11:51 PM   #3
Hitta
Best In The Game

IP:

Learn breath controll and use lots of emotion.
Old 02-10-10, 07:01 AM   #4
wishiwas
Herb

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitter
Learn breath controll and use lots of emotion.

Thanks man. How'd you define breath control other than what's mentioned at Wikipedia?
Old 02-10-10, 03:37 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

yo, definatly breath control and maybe a better way to describe emotion is to feel the rhythm n find the tune and feeling inside the beat n mould your flow around that, put your all into it..

best rappers in my opinion are those who use all sorts of different flows when their rapping n switching up every few lines at times, i mean you can throw down a million words that rhyme but if your saying it all in a monotone boring ass way then nobodys gonna be running out to throw on your record n crank it.

flow and the beat are the two most absolute integral parts of making music.. if your not flowing smoothly and catchin the rhythem exactly it shows itself pretty clearly as being unprofessional especially on a record.

if your having trouble rapping/recording then work on areas like making your voice sound cooler or adding more melody to your flow and DEF making it smoother n rhyming more directly... a lot of vocal problems lie directly in the flow department in the first place...

try and lay your lyrics out in a way youve never done it before n run with a different styles untill you find something thats really dope.
Old 02-13-10, 03:35 PM   #6
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP:

I suggest you mimick lil waynes style. Sure fire way to success.
Old 02-21-10, 01:41 PM   #7
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

multi''ssssss and sick lines holla
Old 02-21-10, 02:45 PM   #8
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP:

Mimic Lil Wayne if you want the dough
Mimic 50 Cent if you want the hoes
Mimic Tha Q if you want the bros

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 04:39 PM   #9
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

or we can battle, do it with voters and cash
if you think you gonna win... I musta sold you some grass
we can even have a rematch cuz I know that you're trash
And i'll shit on you twice like there's two holes in my ass

faggots
Old 02-21-10, 05:21 PM   #10
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP:

just be yourself and if your an intresting person people will like your musiccccc

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 02-22-10, 11:53 PM   #11
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose
just be yourself and if your an intresting person people will like your musiccccc

Be yourself... be 100% with yourself! for real! that's what's missing in most music now a days.... everybody wanna be a gangsta... everybody wanna be a baller... everybody wanna be a pimp... most kast out ain't NEVER take part in that lifestyle... and if they did it was on a very extremely small scale that nobody beyond the end of their block even knew about!

Breath control is DEFINITELY one of the most important things you want to work on. I've been to shows where professionals have lost breath and missed lyrics... that's why they always have hype men and other lil nobodies on stage to save them and fill in the blanks... it's not because they want they boys to look kool on stage... it's because they get winded... basically because they don't practice as if they were in a show (or exercise)...

Define your style... find what works for you... if you know you can't do multi's properly or with the correct flow then DON'T DO IT! Be very critical of what you want folks to hear... if YOU don't like it then how do you expect anyone else to? Like my man said before me, sample different styles and flows... listen to a broader selection of music (not just rap styles, but R&B, country, jazz, pop... whatever!) You never know what will inspire you to do sumn different and it may even lead you to that style that you are searching for.

Confidence... you can't be scared to do your thing... it will show in your voice, your body language... and people will notice that! you need to believe EVERYTHING that you are spitting... become that dude in your rhymes... but like i said... keep it real! most kats spit for their friends... and they will be the FIRST ones to call you out on your bullshit if you spitting fantasy shit!

Accept all criticism.. good and bad... it will only make you better. Never let anyone tell you that you ain't shyt (even if you really ain't shit...lol)... you'll lose what little respect you have left by packing it up without trying to show kats that you are about ya biz... i, personally, love when a kat tells me i ain't shyt... it's a challenge for me... it makes me better... cuz 8 times outta 10 i tear they asses out the frame when i respond....lol

Ride the beat! i've heard a lot of hot beats with wack verses on them... and hot verses with wack beats on them... if you have to spit the same rhyme over 150 beats until you find the right one then do that! i've done it... it's a tiring process sometimes but it's worth it in the end... take ya time with your shyt and don't rush it... it should come naturally... i've had times when i was on a roll and then got stuck... instead of waiting it out til i came up with a good way to finish it i'd add some BS and beleive me when i tell you that the song went to shit! Don't force your lyrics on a page... if the shit ain't working, take a break and come back to it... work on another track... find some more beats to work with in the meantime... but do NOT kill your creativity with a mediocre verse because you didn't have the patience to wait it out.

That's about all i got for now....

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 07:51 PM   #12
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

^^ not if you suck at making music despite how interesting you are

and no one knows if the kid sucks or not, but maybe he does and is interesting and you got his poor hopes up... not that anything is wrong with that cuz it'd be funny
Old 02-22-10, 12:44 AM   #13
Lysol
New Jack

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
^^ not if you suck at making music despite how interesting you are

and no one knows if the kid sucks or not, but maybe he does and is interesting and you got his poor hopes up... not that anything is wrong with that cuz it'd be funny

Speaking from experience? :P

aim: reysdesigns
E-mail: reysdesigns@yahoo.com

Twitter
http://twitter.com/theycallmerey
Youtube
http://youtube.com/reythecoolestloser
Old 02-22-10, 01:18 PM   #14
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

^^well considering i've experienced your music before, yes I am